MyGers Points Update

Only for those bought online via the ticket portal, otherwise there’s 0 points added

Don’t get them for buying at the match
I still think they shouldn't be given any points for it even if bought online, but this is a good example of them.

Should add a barcode onto the programmes so if you buy them from a vendor you scan it and sumbit your rangers number for the point.
In the 21st century you’d think an organisation would have provisions in place to allow this to happen.

Then you step back and remember our MyGers system requires manual inputting of points and is open to human error; you also then consider the ticket office have messed up ballots before because of an error in the filtering

Until our technological capabilities improve, I’d say your suggestion is a pipe dream

In the 21st century you’d think an organisation would have provisions in place to allow this to happen.

Then you step back and remember our MyGers system requires manual inputting of points and is open to human error; you also then consider the ticket office have messed up ballots before because of an error in the filtering

Until our technological capabilities improve, I’d say your suggestion is a pipe dream
Having the technical ability to input points as they are accumulated is also a pipe dream that may never be realised while our business model is based on and are dependent on manual input

Having the technical ability to input points as they are accumulated is also a pipe dream that may never be realised while our business model is based on and are dependent on manual input
Set up costs for new technology/systems/expertise will be high initially but shouldn’t be the primary consideration for a club our size

We were talking about the poor systems years ago yet we’re still using the same systems.

* I have noticed customer service seems slightly better, though it’s still frustrating the ticket office is only open on match days

I really don’t think people realise the commitment it takes to follow Rangers abroad.
I do know and understand the commitment of following abroad- done many a 3 to 5 day trip on a bus - unlike the in and out quickly flying squad of today:cool:

but the comment was directed at points gained in certain circumstances and away games have zilch points added

I’m not overly up to speed with away games, I know it’s going to be some formula but does anyone know what it’ll be?

Like, if you’ve applied for every game will you be getting max points so long as you bought all games offered to you?

I’m not overly up to speed with away games, I know it’s going to be some formula but does anyone know what it’ll be?

Like, if you’ve applied for every game will you be getting max points so long as you bought all games offered to you?

I thought it was just 1 or 2 points for the games you’ve purchased?

Problem with that is people want to read the programmes on the day.

I ordered the real madrid one and it took 4 months to arrive B-D
That’s the main problem- I like to read my programme at the game. Last season when we couldn’t get to games and Reach were still doing them I ordered a block of 12 programmes. There were no additional postage costs and every single one arrived in advance of the actual match. I have ordered a couple online this season and every single one has arrived at least days after the game. My St Mirren programme arrived two days ago. For the sake of missing out on one point and not paying a £2 postage surcharge then it’s better for me to buy at the ground!

I do know and understand the commitment of following abroad- done many a 3 to 5 day trip on a bus - unlike the in and out quickly flying squad of today:cool:

but the comment was directed at points gained in certain circumstances and away games have zilch points added
The full set up for aways games is a joke. Encouraging people to apply when they don’t want to go just so they’ve registered their interest. Then giving priority on tickets to those who go to the least games.

I doubt Rangers know. It’s just a mess.

That’s the main problem- I like to read my programme at the game. Last season when we couldn’t get to games and Reach were still doing them I ordered a block of 12 programmes. There were no additional postage costs and every single one arrived in advance of the actual match. I have ordered a couple online this season and every single one has arrived at least days after the game. My St Mirren programme arrived two days ago. For the sake of missing out on one point and not paying a £2 postage surcharge then it’s better for me to buy at the ground!
You're lucky that you have the St Mirren one, still no sign of it here. Hopefully it isn't raining when it arrives as the packaging is pathetic compared to proper companies that do programmes.

They've changed the goal posts again but no one has a clue to what
I thought it was just 1 or 2 points for the games you’ve purchased?
Changed it because people complained about how they’d accrue points if they were unsuccessful/how were they meant to gain points to climb up

So it’s to be based on games applied for rather than how many individual tickets you get (if you get offered and don’t buy I suspect you’ll be penalised)

Some laugh when bronze and silver get more points than gold or something ridiculous like that

Changed it because people complained about how they’d accrue points if they were unsuccessful/how were they meant to gain points to climb up

So it’s to be based on games applied for rather than how many individual tickets you get (if you get offered and don’t buy I suspect you’ll be penalised)

Some laugh when bronze and silver get more points than gold or something ridiculous like that
The word last time was that eveybody got the same and that it depended on different thresholds for each tier

Then straight in the bin because no one wants them :D

A sentence that sums up this scheme to be honest. People buying all sorts of shite they don’t want / need just to get points.

Its effectively an indirect means of the club just selling points for money and is exactly why the scheme should be based on match tickets and attendances only.

A sentence that sums up this scheme to be honest. People buying all sorts of shite they don’t want / need just to get points.

Its effectively an indirect means of the club just selling points for money and is exactly why the scheme should be based on match tickets and attendances only.
They missed a trick not selling “mygers points” as an actual gift idea - particularly for Christmas

“Buy 200 mygers points for that special someone in your life, for only £750”

Or better still, allowing people to buy gold mygers memberships for £1872, but only having a limited 100 packages available so the sold out rapid

They missed a trick not selling “mygers points” as an actual gift idea - particularly for Christmas

“Buy 200 mygers points for that special someone in your life, for only £750”

Or better still, allowing people to buy gold mygers memberships for £1872, but only having a limited 100 packages available so the sold out rapid

Ahh but that would devalue the scheme and mean it’s more about money than loyalty:rolleyes:

Likewise, even though I’ll be a bit further back from the top. If it’s 3 years I’ll be closer to the top than I was this season

Makes no real difference though because im
Guaranteed any euro trip I want so it’s all good
Anyone that is moaning about being down the pecking order when travelling abroad should be ok from next year though I would think.

We would have lost two years of which their was only one away game in Europe. And should have had a good few aways games now from last year and this , which gets you 15 points.

And if not ok, then it’s because you don’t go to all home games, haven’t had season ticket for 5 years and so on.

Will be the start of next season. If it’s 5 year period, it’ll start from 17/18 or if it’s 3 seasons it’ll start 19/20
Wasn’t sure if it was like a rolling 5 years…. As now it’s really 5 and a half years given that points are updated in year.

Wasn’t sure if it was like a rolling 5 years…. As now it’s really 5 and a half years given that points are updated in year.
Yes, technically so - it’s a rolling 5 year period at the start of a season, but 5.5years half way through the current season

Maybe we could create a library with our unwanted programmes, alternatively we could create bags of confetti
I can’t believe I caved and bought them. I bought that subscription a month back as it was easier but at the end of the day the club gets the money. And I get the points.

I can’t believe I caved and bought them. I bought that subscription a month back as it was easier but at the end of the day the club gets the money. And I get the points.
On that subscription, I bought it following a coupon win and fancied some mygers points

What games are included?

Lyon looks like it’s been added and I just bought 7 programmes an hour ago and they’ve also been added already.
Lyon is showing in purchase history, unlike Brondby. But it’s not on my pals purchase history. Has everyone’s been updated?

On that subscription, I bought it following a coupon win and fancied some mygers points

What games are included?
Believe it’s every home match from Stirling Albion. 2 cup and 6 league before split and 2 after (maybe 3 looking at the potential opponents). At least 10 matches.

Will be 2 at Ibrox after the split - every season is 19 home and 19 away games.
If the top 6 finish as is, us, Hearts, Hibs, and Motherwell will be due to play 2 at home and 3 away, which is impossible. One of us will get an extra home match. We are also due to play every current top 6 team away from home, so at least 2 of them will have to come to Ibrox 3 times this season.

The desperation to have the max points available is the saddest fucking thing I’ve ever seen and that’s no exaggeration. Especially for those high gold and already guaranteed Euro aways anyway
Until we know the script for Parkhead, it’s the unknown

Soon as that’s cleared up, I reckon golds will become more selective with what they buy. Me personally; I’ll never drop out of gold if mygers stays in its current guise but being in the top 300 could get me a Celtic ticket

Saddest thing ever though? :D

If the top 6 finish as is, us, Hearts, Hibs, and Motherwell will be due to play 2 at home and 3 away, which is impossible. One of us will get an extra home match. We are also due to play every current top 6 team away from home, so at least 2 of them will have to come to Ibrox 3 times this season.
Ah my bad, I never realised the others’ schedules. Wouldn’t put money on the SPFL computer ‘randomly’ giving us the extra home game right enough. I imagine (assuming the top 6 stays as is) that 2 of the teams will be making 3 visits to Ibrox - the fixtures have been somewhat kinder to us than in recent previous years (most notably the intended ‘ten in a row’ season by total coincidence of course!)

Back