Archive The Winter 2021/22 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He just have something about him he played in the same Arsenal team as Kamara? Is it just becuase he plays with Ross county you’re turning your nose up at him?
Not at all mate. I’ve seen a fair bit of him because I’ve seen him play (not highlights) in numerous games against us and the scum. The two flair players at County are Cook and Hungbo and they are effective for them but clearly not an upgrade on Wright so would be pointless signings at this stage. Hungbo has two goals and four assists. Again, the type of player the sheep should be looking for but wouldn’t represent an upgrade on our first choice options for our club.

Believe me I’m not adverse to signing SPFL players, I’ve been ridiculed on this forum previously for suggesting some names. There are (were) a few SPFL wingers who are probably on a par with Wright and would have represented decent squad options on paper, such as the two mentioned above and Hedges from the sheep. IMO the best of the lot was Boyle but his valuation was ridiculous. Again, they have to capable of being on a par with Kent and Sakala because we need first team competition and neither of them are.

Mate , discussing players people think would be good fit , is pointless and just distracts bears that are in and out thread then realise it’s just someone’s opinion , should maybe have a system anyone posting these threads should state (opinion ) , on each post related to player they think would be a good fit .
Exactly, I don't see the point of posting "players I would like to sign", it just pisses people off when they pop in here to see whats happening on the transfer front in the real world, and end up reading loads of wishful thinking bollocks, and derails the thread.

Exactly, I don't see the point of posting "players I would like to sign", it just pisses people off when they pop in here to see whats happening on the transfer front in the real world, and end up reading loads of wishful thinking bollocks, and derails the thread.
I disagree. There’s nothing wrong with football fans sharing opinions on players they’d like our club to sign. Would you rather people made a thread anytime they had a player in mind?

If this thread was only about legit rumours and links it would be about two pages long. If any posters here glance at a name and immediately assume we are after them then more fool those posters. With a few clicks you can find the source posts of such names and in a matter of seconds.

I find it strange that so many are intent on policing this thread. I can understand scum chat being banned but really find it weird when people vent frustrations about the thread going off topic and there being no rumours.

I’m sure if there was decent cash to be spent it would have been spent by now. If we were in for a quality RW, we wouldn’t (or at least shouldn’t) have been waiting until the last few days of the window to do it. We could have done with that quality RW away to Aberdeen.

I’ll be pleasantly surprised if we do any decent business in this window.

We spent £7m on your brother right at the very end of a window.

Reactions: ZvP
Nope. I wasn't on last week. I had a severe bout of depression and pretty much dropped out of everything. So I can't tell you what happened last week, but I can add the entertainment value of what an arse we made of things 25 years ago.

I hope we can now calm the pedantry and I will cease with my light-hearted bashing of two people employed by the club who were clearly at it, namely Ewan Chester and Souness' mate playing doctor, Phil f*cking Boersma!. I'd like to hear wee Durranty's opinion (in another thread, so you don't get pulled up) regards that effing chancer, but I insist twice it's in another thread because last week they decided roolz is funking roolz!

Can you please stop? It's not remotely entertaining at all. And I can't put you on ignore as you're an admin.

Tbh mate if it has to be only 2-pages long with legitimate rumours then so be it. In fact that sounds better IMO.

I hate the suggestions because you see a name being discussed, go back 3/4 pages and it was someone saying who they'd like to sign.

Would be good if we had both a suggestions and a rumours thread, separate, to keep them separate. Anyone can suggest anyone but it doesn't really man anything in the grand scheme of things.
Fair point. If posters marked any suggestion posts with “suggestion” in large bold font I guess that would help posters distinguish between actual links and pure fantasy.

In any event I wouldn’t advise any posters here to use this thread to monitor potential transfers. Better off searching for Rangers news on Twitter. There’s been %^*& all ITK information here this window.

Brian Laudrup disagrees. Here's what he had to say about him earlier this month.

"I also think there's a vacancy for another out-and-out winger to provide balance with Kent. On that front, I've been excited to see Rangers linked with Andreas Skov Olsen at Bologna.

"He's been fantastic for Denmark recently. It hasn't worked for him so far in Serie A, with talk he could even be allowed to leave on loan, but I know from my own career that Italy can be a difficult place at times.

"Bologna have changed the system and are not playing to his strengths. Skov Olsen is having to play as a wing-back. He's not creating or scoring, but he's doing that for fun in a Denmark shirt with six goals in his last 15 games. More or less every time he plays, the fans are out of their seats, thinking: 'Something's going to happen now'.

"If you are looking for a hug the line player, a real creative force, then Skov Olsen ticks the boxes. I think he would be wonderful to watch in a system like Giovanni van Bronckhorst's.

"I'd see Rangers as a very good option for him if an opportunity was to arise. He's a crowd pleaser. But an effective one, too. He's not a type you see that often. Even on a short-term deal, he'd be able to do something and deliver for the team if played in the right areas.''
What does this guy know about Rangers, Skov Olsen and Wingers? I'd much rather listen to @Johnny.mcb on Follow Follow who says he's slow and not what we need.

Should we be looking at Regan Charles-cook from Ross county? 8 goals and 2 assists from midfield?
@jierobinson92 what’s funny about it? Really intrigued to know? Is it because he plays with Ross county, even though he’s has an decent upbringing in the arsenal academy at the same time as our 50k signing from Dundee a few years ago and has bagged 8 goals and 2 assists from midfield so far this season.

@jierobinson92 what’s funny about it? Really intrigued to know? Is it because he plays with Ross county, even though he’s has an decent upbringing in the arsenal academy at the same time as our 50k signing from Dundee a few years ago and has bagged 8 goals and 2 assists from midfield so far this season.
So he’s the answer then for RW position going forward? Ofcourse he’s not fs we’re needing genuine quality in this position, a starter not another possible fringe player like the player you’ve suggested, massive possibility we’re playing champions league group stage football next year, you think that boys ready for that? Cmon we’re looking higher than him ffs

This thread is absolute toilet once more.

Diaz is a Chilean international in a team about to be promoted to the richest league in the world. He's valued about £30m.

It would be great to have a proper rumour but in the absence of one do we really need to fill the void with steaming manure and videos of players we haven't been linked to?

Skov Olsen is the new Veerman and when he goes elsewhere I see Amoo is the lined up as his transfer thread successor.
So you’re saying there’s a chance for Amoo?

So he’s the answer then for RW position going forward? Ofcourse he’s not fs we’re needing genuine quality in this position, a starter not another possible fringe player like the player you’ve suggested, massive possibility we’re playing champions league group stage football next year, you think that boys ready for that? Cmon we’re looking higher than him ffs
He doesn’t play RW mate he plays LW, RW or AM and he a showing our 7m star player up with his stats for goals and assists from that left position. Your are turning your nose up at him because he plays for Ross county that’s all this is.

He's another spl player having a purple patch the fact he's taken 2 years to be a regular for county speaks volumes. A tidy player for a hibs or hearts but miles off the standard we require

He just have something about him he played in the same Arsenal team as Kamara? Is it just becuase he plays with Ross county you’re turning your nose up at him?
I have watched him a few times and has always stood out especially against saville fc he does have something about him, quite pacey and like Jjbscotty says should not be overlooked as its about getting players on the cheap who could do a job and like Kamara could make a profit, as he has had not a bad grounding like GK

I’ve seen plenty of videos of him he doesnt t look much quicker than Hagi I wouldn’t be arsed he if we don’t get him. I’d much rather ammo from hammarby if possible.

154358285.jpg

I find it strange that Heart & Hand asked about 1 rumour and that includes the fact that they didn’t ask about Souttar or Sands - if they can ask to me it’s just weird they don’t ask more regularly

Not a dig at H&H btw more a conspiracy theory that the club are trying to distance themselves from this rumour and have fed them a line

Hopefully we sign him

Regan Charles Cook B-D

The worst of it is, the way this window is going it’s probably the level of player we’ll end up signing.
He’s a very good wee player from what I’ve seen. Plus anyone I’ve ever met called Charles or Cook have been staunch :D. Not against taking him but we need more as well.

Isn't he just another 'squad filler' that we have plenty of already?

Regan Charles Cook B-D

The worst of it is, the way this window is going it’s probably the level of player we’ll end up signing.
I wouldnt be overly concerned if we signed Regan Charles Cook as back up.

It wouldn't be a big fee and he gives us back up for Wide Right for the remainder of the season.

We have Scott Wright for that position just now. If anything happens to him we are in a bit of bother.

He’s a very good wee player from what I’ve seen. Plus anyone I’ve ever met called Charles or Cook have been staunch :D. Not against taking him but we need more as well.
He’s absolutely nowhere near the level we require. Having won the league last year, we really needed to kick on this season and put them to the sword. Our transfer activity this year however has been very poor and it’s impacting performances on the pitch.

The fact we’re even in a title race at this point is ridiculous, we should be out of sight by now.

I really hope we scrape through this season and come out on top but if we do then the approach to what level of player we’re signing in the summer has to change. We need to start buying genuine quality and stretch away from this mutants across the city.

I wouldnt be overly concerned if we signed Regan Charles Cook as back up.

It wouldn't be a big fee and he gives us back up for Wide Right for the remainder of the season.

We have Scott Wright for that position just now. If anything happens to him we are in a bit of bother.
Therein lies the issue. We’re dependant on a guy who’s a back up player himself at best. Lacking quality in that area of the pitch and have done for years now to be honest.

He’s absolutely nowhere near the level we require. Having won the league last year, we really needed to kick on this season and put them to the sword. Our transfer activity this year however has been very poor and it’s impacting performances on the pitch.

The fact we’re even in a title race at this point is ridiculous, we should be out of sight by now.

I really hope we scrape through this season and come out on top but if we do then the approach to what level of player we’re signing in the summer has to change. We need to start buying genuine quality and stretch away from this mutants across the city.
Prior to them signing, what were your thoughts on Ryan Jack and Glen Kamara?

I know we want quality over quantity but I think it would be silly not to look at bringing in a few loan deals to tide us over until the summer

TBF to that Charles Cook, he's always stood out whenever I've watched Ross County. He's got some engine on him, athletically he'd be more than fine in our side, not sure about his technical quality.

The last thing we need though is another 'squad player' so I would rather we don't sign anyone and aim higher in the summer if the market is too expensive for a winger right now.

Therein lies the issue. We’re dependant on a guy who’s a back up player himself at best. Lacking quality in that area of the pitch and have done for years now to be honest.
Kind of agree with you but Aribo in the RW position earlier this season was sensational. The problem has come from Gio changing to wingers and that was never required under Gerrard hence the lack of them throughout the squad.

Isn't he just another 'squad filler' that we have plenty of already?
Agreed his whole point is 8 goals 2 assists this season for the boy as people have said he’s having a purple patch

To compare him to someone who canny sniff the first teams boxers is hastie he had 14 league games 6 goals 1 assist and 1 cup game 1 goal (15games 8 goals for the season when we signed him)

Look at him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back