MOTM Poll Rangers v Livingston - 19:45 Wednesday - RangersTV

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Poor from an attacking point of view.

Many times you want the ball on a plate ffs?

Ordinary stuff.

Glen Kamara is a wonderful player but fúck me, is Gio seriously wanting him to be a box to box midfielder hitting the box ? Aye, that's great. A guy allergic to shooting is tasked with getting goals from midfield.

2 full backs providing our only urgency, no requirement for Sands this evening at home. Some bright flashes from Sakala and Wright shot blocked on the line but few and far between.

McCann correct in saying there is a disconnect

Moore being harsh on Sands is completely ridiculous. He did what he was asked. It blows my mind that Moore and McCann are giving Lowry a free ride after both stating there was a gap in midfield.

Reactions: BWO
It’s deflating when they are 2-0 up in a game where we all (let’s be honest) we’re looking at as a strong possibility of dropped points. Coupled with that absolutely rotten unconvincing first half performance from us. Not good but a much better second half should see us win
Their first was an utter howler from Craig Gordon let's it through his hands from 30 odd yards and their 2nd was offside.

I'm not panicking yet. However, we really need to try to stop playing pretty passes in a howling gale. Tonight, old school ball into the box as often as possible could be a better option. All it needs is a deflection for a goal.
That's the problem. We haven't played any pretty passes. This is old school football which Livi want. We need to play quick and attacking football and we will pick them off.

Honestly, games like this should show the board that we need to improve in almost all areas of the pitch (although today the defence has not really been tested). Hope we don't wait until the last minute.

As for now: Roofe and Arfield please, Wright and especially Itten are not at the races.

Itten has done ok with hold up play.
In fact, he reminds me of a classic “big man/little man 2 up top” forward.

Unfortunately it’s 2022 and we need more all round contribution.

I’d be looking for Roofe to link up with Lowry. They both have the brain required to break this down.

Folk jumping on Itten, aye he’s no great but some of the balls getting played into him are shite
I don’t think Itten is a bad player but he has been useless tonight so far. That ball from Lowry from the left just needed a tap in into an open goal. Also he has barely held the ball up. At one point he received the ball with his back to goal and Obelaye (sp?) just took it off him with ease. Morelos would have turned him or switched the play quickly.

It was a poor starting selection tbh, I get that we have guys out or just coming back from injury, but players who are given the chance to stake a claim for a regular starting spot are not up to it.

He's wasted nothing so far and has been caught on the move twice. If his pros around him are not telling him he's being closed down from behind then theres a real problem in that midfield. The times he has been on the ball around the box in the 10 position he's opend Livingston up. Two guilt edged chance so far we should be 3-0 up and we're not.

We're clearly watching a different game.
I'm talking overall, not just tonight, people don't call him 50p head for nothing. He had so much time on his chance from that corner, to not even get it on target is absolutely awful.

It's a night to just get the points and move on, any which way Rangers, Lowry to score or assist in a 1-0 for me.

Looking like we've continued the poor form from the sheep game. We just keep walking into the white wall just outside the 18 yard box. Lowry has by far looked the most dangerous player and fizzed a couple of dangerous balls across the 6 yard box that were begging for a number 9 to tap in but Itten is just not that. He's been largely anonymous along with a few others. We really miss Joe and more substance in that midfield.

6 point lead becoming 2 point lead at this rate
math-hangover.gif

We're hard to watch these days .itten canny lead the line n should never have been brought back .

Itten is never good enough for Rangers, he's had scraps but is poor.

Roofe for him at HT & Arfield if Sands doesn't up the anty after 50mins.

And the worrying thing is it isn't the first season that sentence could have been written. Last year aside it's been a grim theme.
Alarm bells should be ringing as we look like we are going back to what we were with Gerrard a couple of seasons ago our full backs especially tav just doesn't have the pace to take a man on ,don't think Barasic is much better.

Back