MOTM Poll Rangers v Livingston - 19:45 Wednesday - RangersTV

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
To anyone knocking Rangers tonight I'd say conditions were terrible and Livingston are a hard,hard team to beat.
Sakala was brilliant,Lowry looked the part again and credit to Arfield for that lovely finish which got us the win.
The crash barriers struggled with them at the Paedodome. Got stuffiness down to a fine art. Some big guys in the side as well. Almost comical seeing Lowry next to one of the boys they brought on!!

It's all very well getting a goal to make it 2 -1 but when he has the chance to score to put a big dent in his boyhood heroes its a different story
I don't think he deliberately hit the post - I doubt he'd hit the post once in another 10 attempts.

To anyone knocking Rangers tonight I'd say conditions were terrible and Livingston are a hard,hard team to beat.
Sakala was brilliant,Lowry looked the part again and credit to Arfield for that lovely finish which got us the win.
Sakala's effort was never in doubt, but he didn't come close to scoring all night. None of the strikers did, apart from Wright's effort stopped on the line. All three were a long way from being brilliant to my mind.

Kamara Jack
Aribo Arfield Kent
Roofe

Hope that’s the front 6 that starts against Celtic. Sakala to come on when the games stretched
Wouldn’t be against Jack dropping out in favour of Fashion. Arfield back one, Aribo central. Fashion on the right.

Yes tonight was a slog but they never troubled us we just huffed and puffed until Gio changed it. 3 points against a stuffy team like Livingston is a great result especially without Aribo, Kent and Morelos.

A big three points. These are the games that win titles. To those who were demanding silky football did they not see those conditions. Up against a team who only wanted a nil, nil draw. Took me back forty five years to school football on a winter Saturday morning with the wind and rain stinging your face and the wet shirt clinging to your back. In those conditions you need someone to step up and tonight Scott Arfield was the man showing that bit of guile to get the goal. Also we have unearthed a talent in Lowry who reminds me of Durrant. Another plus was how good Jack was when he came on. If he stays fit it’s like a new signing. It’s three points. Another three at the weekend and then we focus on ending their season in front of their Orcs. Now is the time to support the team, this third quarter of the season will be the most important time.

Liam Boyce, grown up on the Lower Falls Road missing a penalty against his boyhood heroes ?

Nah. Can't be.
He's a much better player than I gave him credit for if he deliberately hit the inside of the post knowing it would roll more or less along the line behind the keeper and then spin out at the other side of the goal

Wouldn’t be against Jack dropping out in favour of Fashion. Arfield back one, Aribo central. Fashion on the right.
My thinking was more start that way, I’d rather a fully fit Sakala running against their players after playing 50/60min tbh

I’m concerned they’ll try and overload our midfield and I’d prefer to see Aribo tear Taylor apart

The game changed when Roofe came on for Itten.

Also we looked so much better with the experience of Arfield and Jack.

Can’t believe how bad Wright was.

He's a much better player than I gave him credit for if he deliberately hit the inside of the post knowing it would roll more or less along the line behind the keeper and then spin out at the other side of the goal
Some skill btw

Could join the Harlem globetrotters football equivalent with that skill

I cos you regularly see strikers getting 5+ goals a game
What you talking about? Im saying he had two great balls played to him and should’ve scored at least one.

You’re saying aye but he had lots of bad balls played to him as well.

Im saying that doesn’t matter, for a good striker 2 great balls should be enough. How many chances on a plate do you want him to get before he takes one, 5 chances? I didn’t say anything about 5 goals.

Really tough watch but job done.

Should've been out of sight first half with the amount of chances created.

But 3 points and on to Dingwall Saturday!

Play up the Glasgow Rangers!

A big three points. These are the games that win titles. To those who were demanding silky football did they not see those conditions. Up against a team who only wanted a nil, nil draw. Took me back forty five years to school football on a winter Saturday morning with the wind and rain stinging your face and the wet shirt clinging to your back. In those conditions you need someone to step up and tonight Scott Arfield was the man showing that bit of guile to get the goal. Also we have unearthed a talent in Lowry who reminds me of Durrant. Another plus was how good Jack was when he came on. If he stays fit it’s like a new signing. It’s three points. Another three at the weekend and then we focus on ending their season in front of their Orcs. Now is the time to support the team, this third quarter of the season will be the most important time.
Great summary of where we are and what is needed. Well said.

Tough pick between Sakala and Arfield for motm. Thought they both brought the creativity we desperately needed in that second half.

Gotta be. No two-ways about it.

Everyone saying this threads mental and the negativity is annoying them etc - let's pretend we've been amazing instead to give them their wee online safe space.

If it's the truth then what's the problem saying it?

That's not to say we won't win or sharpen up upfront. We can and should - but what's wrong with being honest about what you've seen in the first half?
Yep...and it changed the game

Just on the way home, very relieved. I thought we were unlucky not to score before we did but it had the look of one of those nights. Not the best performance but Livvy are a good defensive side and the conditions were awful so a good 3 points.

Voted Fashion as mom. He kept going non stop and caused them no end of problems. It’s just a pity his end product is so poor. If he’d scored after that run in the second half it would have been goal of the season.

Lowry was brilliant for an hour but he’s young and tails off a wee bit at the moment. Definitely a first team pick for me now though. Kamara was excellent first half as well. And Wright is like Sakala. Pace to burn and beats his man regularly but no end product.

Amazing how Arfield never seems to score a tap in!

Finally, bad conditions or not, tonight should be the end of the “give Itten a run in team” mob. I’ll give him a run. To the fcuking airport. We were once linked with Eustace, but ended up with Useless. Hurry back Buff!!

Highlights for me. Welcome Alex Lowry, may your career with Rangers be a long and silver laden one.

Ryan Jack positional sense, leadership, timing and instilling confidence is first class. You don't know what you missed sometimes until you see it again.

Arfield always gives it his all be it for 15, 30, or 90.

Barasic playing deeper in Gio's teams comes in sometimes like a third Centre Back to clear the lines. Less daft early goals since he played a more defensive role.

Bassey steady again.

Sure we may not be running away with it, but we have a Manager sitting at 83.33% on the win percentage stats and unbeaten after 12 games.

Sakala was very poor tonight, no idea how he got MOM. I love his energy and enthusiasm but his end product is generally not good.

Highlights for me. Welcome Alex Lowry, may your career with Rangers be a long and silver laden one.

Ryan Jack positional sense, leadership, timing and instilling confidence is first class. You don't know what you missed sometimes until you see it again.

Arfield always gives it his all be it for 15, 30, or 90.

Barasic playing deeper in Gio's teams comes in sometimes like a third Centre Back to clear the lines. Less daft early goals since he played a more defensive role.

Bassey steady again.

Sure we may not be running away with it, but we have a Manager sitting at 83.33% on the win percentage stats and unbeaten after 12 games.
Agree with all that mate. I thought Barisic had a great game tonight compared to his last couple of outings, looked much more confident. Ryan Jack back really is like a new signing. His composure in the midfield is outstanding and Scotty Arfield is just that. Does what it says on the tin and you'll get nothing less that 100%. I love how he's always looking to get into the box, we've missed that.

Livi play to their strengths against us, park the bus and try to get something from a set piece. When in doubt just boot it up the park to give the defence time to regroup.

Lowry motm for me, a step ahead of more experienced pros tonight
Give 3 points and a clean sheet any day

Sakala motm by a country mile tonight.

Apart from one great run just before ht I thought Lowry was pretty much anonymous. He did show towards the end but goodness knows why has so many votes.
He’s a wonderfully gifted player and will excite, but not tonight.

PS. Not quite as anonymous as Sands. By Christ that game bypassed him.

Back