Match Thread ** Rangers v Kilmarnock - 15:00 Saturday 17th - RangersTV.tv **

Murty might be a rookie, but he should still be able to see when things aren't working and fix them

We're in danger of going a goal down before something happens

Clarke has kilmarnock well drilled 9 men behind the ball and tight on our wingers, although i think we should be moving the ball a lot quicker.

Good start and once again we miss a couple of sitters, the crowd get on the players backs and Kilmarnock dominate for the final 15 minutes.

Goss having another stinker, Murphy getting into decent positions but doing %^*& all with them and we keep booting the ball out of play whenever we get it.

Played alright for 20 minutes but they have been the better team since, they are pressing better and are more organised without really creating much

We need to get Morelos on now, we have no physical presence or out ball. Don’t care if it Windass or Cummings off but we need to make the change

Those slagging posters off for daring to criticise Murty for dropping Morelos and not Windass have surprisingly went missing.

I’m genuinely considering just never mentioning it again. The way they clique up is pathetic at times.

Anyway that was absolutely dire but could see it coming a mile away.

Tight games like last week and today show why Murty can’t be our next manager. Key decisions wrong in both games.

Against a team set up as well as Killie with such a good manager we’ve set up the exact same way we have since Christmas. It’ll be enough to blow some teams away but we need a plan B for games like this and it doesn’t look like we have one.

Morelos should be on the park.

Murty said we'd be up and are them from the kick off due to their midweek exertions. They clearly didn't listen.

A slow and depressing first half.

Sticking with the same system is not really working , would have liked to have seen a change today.
Can only hope second half is better . Cummings is not as good as Morelos upfront on his own. Then again everyone knew that apart from murty.

Started pretty well then deteriorated with every passing minute. Losing all the battles in midfield now. By half time we're giving away free kicks and virtually hanging on. Another poor home performance.

Yes, he missed chances, but he brings much more than goals. Who do you play on FIFA? Barcelona?
He done well last week out with the chances but they 2 misses particularly the 2nd cost us points (poor defending doesn't help either). Wanting him to have time on the bench is hardly being a hater.

Poor. Hangover persists from last week. Docherty having an off day. It happens. Too slow build up. Players not running into space and Killie closing down efficiently. Murty has to change. Question is, does he know how?

Clarke has that mob well drilled. All doing their jobs.Cummings isn't a lone striker,need to get John and Tav into this more as they tire.Oh and its fuckin freezin!

Cummings cannot play up front himself. He needs to play off someone.

We are clueless today because we have no out ball. Morelos would be in the positions to win some balls but hey the manager has dropped him.

It will be interesting to see what the people who felt it was the right decision to drop him think now. Badly miss them.

Watching on Rangers tv and it annoys me that McLaren can't pronounce Morelos and Tom Miller can't pronounce Mulumbu. Who are Morales and Mulumba.

Game is disappointing. Lack of creativity. Needs someone or something to change the game. It's all too safe at the moment.

The other issue I have with this decision to drop Morelos is, I think it could well damage his confidence. Dropping him after last week essentially makes him look like the scapegoat, as tough he’s the culprit for defeat.

Poor first half, tbf to killie they have a game plan and play it well but it's so frustrating seeing us losing nearly every 2nd ball, definitely need a bit more urgency in our play.

If anything that half proved that Morelos brings so much more than goals to the team.

Not a dig at Murty for not playing him .

Change is needed at half time. Murty needs to make at least one change to break this well organised Killie team. As much as it would be a radical action for Murty, he needs to get Morelos on for Windass.

The other issue I have with this decision to drop Morelos is, I think it could well damage his confidence. Dropping him after last week essentially makes him look like the scapegoat, as tough he’s the culprit for defeat.

He should stop missing sitters from a yard out then shouldn't he.

E
First 20mins or so we’re decent but yep ‘Tis pish now.

Killie tactics working out presently
Every team we play works us out after a short time murty going with a short midfield and 2 wide men is killing us ,He said he learned from the scum game ,learned what how to do plan a better,even if we score a few goals second half then I still say this coach is leading us no Where and listens to no one again the big guy in Kilmarnock midfield was brushing Goss and Windass away as if he was swatting flies ,still what is it 73 mins and we will have a sub.

Murty needs to make changes now and now his 70 min rule - which is just embarrassing for a manager to stick to. Clearly things aren't working - Windass has been less than effective and so has Goss, so make a change that takes one of them out. Windass off and Morelos on would be the sensible choice but I fear Murty's gameplan won't let him move on to that for this game (or any other league game).

We need to change things. The fans are really start going to get on at the players and that is not going to help. Murty's delay in making changes is not good, especially at Ibrox and it needs to fucking stop. He's better than that but it seems to be a rule he cannot get by.

The game isn't done mate

I know it isn’t. Even if we win 1-0 the criticism will still stand.
He has picked the wrong team for this game and dropped the wrong players. He is as inflexible as Warburton.
Walter picked a team to win games and changed the personnel to suit the team we were playing.
Murty still hasn’t figured this out.

Back