Louis Moult

Vardy was playing in the lower leagues a few years ago.

Regarding the pressure point, there's no way to judge if someone coming from Motherwell would be able or not to handle it at Rangers but if your argument was universally applied we wouldn't have signed Naismith, Boyd, Novo ad infinitum

Folk mention Vardy as if he isn't the exception that proves the rule.

You'd think players moving from the conference to professional football were ten a penny.

All signings are hit and miss but players of Moults level are even more so .They have to contend with the expectation and the majority can't handle the pressure .O'Halloran is a good example ,shows promise at St.Johnstone ,anonymous for us ,goes back and is there and thereabouts with Moult

He scores goals in a team where he has little pressure or expectation to win regularly, and is the focal point of the whole side.

He has very little quality at all. Indeed he was playing in the English 6th tier just a couple of years ago.

The guy is a Motherwell level player.

Michael Higdon had a better scoring record for them and ge wasn't good enough for Rangers either.

A comparison with Jamie vardy could be made.

ONLY, vardy is a rare find.

If he was injured and is now banging in goals then someone is gonnae come in for him at some stage this season.

All signings are hit and miss but players of Moults level are even more so .They have to contend with the expectation and the majority can't handle the pressure .O'Halloran is a good example ,shows promise at St.Johnstone ,anonymous for us ,goes back and is there and thereabouts with Moult

Did moh score today ?.

Think part of our problem is we don't have enough players that are used to playing in the spl. Moult is nothing special but he will score goals in the spl and is looking a better option that any of our striker other than Morelos

It's one thing doing it for a do-nothing, go-nowhere SPFL side whose fans are happy to finish mid table.

It's quite another thing to do it week in, week out for Rangers where anything less than 3 points is a crisis.

Moult, like many others before him, wouldn't have the mentality to be able to do it for us.

We really should be setting our sights a little higher.

You won't know about his mentality until he's signed and plays a few games. To be fair MOH looked a good enough signing PROVIDING you play to his strengths which is playing in the break. MOH wasn't suited to our game and in the matches against the scum where we could use the boy he wasn't played.

Folk mention Vardy as if he isn't the exception that proves the rule.

You'd think players moving from the conference to professional football were ten a penny.
If the SPL was as massive a step up from the conference then surely Moult has already proven he's an exception to the rule (albeit I'm not comparing Moult to Vardy)

He's proven he can score goals in this league. Personally I couldn't give a shit what division he played in previously.

I'd like to see Herrera given a proper run of games.

Given the game time Miller sees and let's see what he's all about.

He's scored more league goals than Miller.

Think part of our problem is we don't have enough players that are used to playing in the spl. Moult is nothing special but he will score goals in the spl and is looking a better option that any of our striker other than Morelos

We want to win the spl, Scottish and league cups so that's a signing criteria which should appeal.

Europe's not intae the equation for signing moult anyway.

Iain McDonald, Graham Fyfe and del ferguson needed games to play to form but most times didnae get time so never achieved their expectations.

Herrera looks to be the same.

He knows how to score against the teams we play every week,so we should at least be looking at him, I think we should sign him.

It's true when people say it's hard to gauge whether a player will replicate their form for Rangers but also safe to say that some people automatically write off anyone from another Scottish club.

Miller isn't a consistent goal scorer anymore. Herrera's record or performances so far don't suggest he'll be prolific. Hardie has only ever scored goals in the Championship. It's also hard to see a significant amount of goals coming from other areas of the team.

Personally, I think Moult would score more goals in our team than anyone bar Morelos. Does that mean he's a great player? No but we certainly need more players who can convert chances.

Everyone saying he isn't good enough because he plays for Motherwell? Morelos played in a really awful league and look how he is doing for us so far.

We've made a mistake in not going for him In my opinion.

Hey, you are a funnee guy. I luv your patter.

Sorry mate! I think the new guys look a complete waste of money, and reading into the players before they signed wasn't convinced. I've seen very little of Moult other than his name flashing up quite regular. Let's hope Perdo and these guys can turn it around, we desperately need it

Remember hearing Moult getting interviewed in the Clyde 1 studio. Came across as highly motivated, bright and insightful. Compare that to O'Halloran who mumbles away and struggles to form a cohesive sentence. On the park, Moult continues to produce the goods as his contract runs down and is not fazed by the transfer speculation which would affect many a player in his position. Get him signed Rangers!!

He's scoring goals very often. If he's available in January for a reasonable price we should enquire imo.

I hate this "he's doing it for Motherwell in a no pressure situation but can he do it for Rangers" attitude, how would we know if we don't get him and see. Do we just not buy another player ever because they might not be able to handle the pressure?

I'd rather Moult than Herrera tbh, Moult is younger, similar styles and knows the league. I've seen the 3 goals in 9 matches for Mexico for Herrera branded about so why he's better, what is usually always missed out with that is 2 goals were against Guatamala and the other Paraguay.

Hopefully the two Mexicans get the finger out and start playing well in the meantime.

If the SPL was as massive a step up from the conference then surely Moult has already proven he's an exception to the rule (albeit I'm not comparing Moult to Vardy)

He's proven he can score goals in this league. Personally I couldn't give a shit what division he played in previously.

So did Fran Sandaza. Our recent history is littered with players who scored goals for diddy clubs and couldn't do it in a Rangers jersey.

You'd think people would have picked up on the recurring theme.

Everyone saying he isn't good enough because he plays for Motherwell? Morelos played in a really awful league and look how he is doing for us so far.

We've made a mistake in not going for him In my opinion.

He's foreign though. No one on this board or the old board would have heard of Morelos.

Moult might thrive in the pressure situation or he might not, we'll never know until he's in that situation.

So did Fran Sandaza. Our recent history is littered with players who scored goals for diddy clubs and couldn't do it in a Rangers jersey.

You'd think people would have picked up on the recurring theme.
So by that reckoning we should never have signed Boyd, Naismith etc etc

Sorry mate but I won't write off any player that has proven themselves in this league until they actually fail to make the step up.

So by that reckoning we should never have signed Boyd, Naismith etc etc

Sorry mate but I won't write off any player that has proven themselves in this league until they actually fail to make the step up.

Naismith was 21 when he signed for us and had been a standout at u-21 international level and also recently capped for the full international team. His technical ability was there for all to see.

Boyd had knocked back half dozen different Championship clubs waiting for us to make our move. He was very much in demand and it was apparent to most bears what he was bringing to the team.

Comparing a 25 year old lower league journeyman like Moult to either Boyd or Naismith is disingenuous.

The thread is about Moult mate to be fair.
I was quoting on the op mate, I don't get it pointing out that another teams player has score goals, it's the same thing when our ex players score as both mean nothing to us in the quest to win matches as they have no impact unless they happen to knock in an own goal when playing them

Again, he reminds me of a Higdon, John Sutton or Mehmet.

That good that only Aberdeen were interested. Where were the English clubs?

Waghorn and Garner are of a better standard having played at a higher level yet couldn't handle the pressure. Moult gets wound up far too easily, I doubt he's got the quality or mentality to play for Rangers.

It's one thing doing it for a do-nothing, go-nowhere SPFL side whose fans are happy to finish mid table.

It's quite another thing to do it week in, week out for Rangers where anything less than 3 points is a crisis.

Moult, like many others before him, wouldn't have the mentality to be able to do it for us.

We really should be setting our sights a little higher.

How do you know this? For every velicka and ohalloran theres a Boyd Naismith and dare i say jack, who've came from spl clubs and done well

McLean, Walker and Moult all on free transfer would be good business by the club. Not every signing has to be a super star first name on the team sheet and Moult has shown he can play in this league

I was quoting on the op mate, I don't get it pointing out that another teams player has score goals, it's the same thing when our ex players score as both mean nothing to us in the quest to win matches as they have no impact unless they happen to knock in an own goal when playing them
Fair point mate but a lot of folk,me included, reckon he'd represent better value than Herrera who's shown nothing for me.He's not our player but depending on who you listen to he could be a target. It's just a discussion point.

Naismith was 21 when he signed for us and had been a standout at u-21 international level and also recently capped for the full international team. His technical ability was there for all to see.

Boyd had knocked back half dozen different Championship clubs waiting for us to make our move. He was very much in demand and it was apparent to most bears what he was bringing to the team.

Comparing a 25 year old lower league journeyman like Moult to either Boyd or Naismith is disingenuous.
What age was Novo when he signed for Rangers and where had he previously plied his trade? I really couldn't give a shit where a player has previosly played if there's a chance he'll improve the team. Louis Moult has scored continuously for a side that are mid table at best, I'm not going to cut off my nose to spite my face due to some weird footballing snobbery

Is there not some guy at St Johnstone banging the goals in?
Yes but goals don't tell the whole story. O'Halloran if there's no defenders to run behind is pretty useless, we saw that in two leagues with him. Moult isn't a guy reliant solely on his running ability plus he would be on a free transfer. He'd be a better fit than that guy at St Johnstone

I'd take a punt on him on low wages (no more than a 50% increase on whatever motherwell are paying him, supplemented by goal bonuses), preferably signing him to a pre-contract as soon as possible, then offering motherwell maximum 100k for early release.

Best case, we get him, worst case, we've unsettled their star man for the rest of the season.

Same approach for McLean and Walker too.

I don't think we should be offering massive wages to SPL players anymore - the story about Nicky Clark entering negotiations with thoughts of (x) amount as his "aiming high" figure while expecting significantly less, only for Ally to offer nearly double that springs to mind. Also Kevin Kyle asking for what he considered an outrageous wage and being given it, Ian f'n Black on 7k, Sandaza's supposed structured deal that would have had him on something like 10k when we returned to the top flight...

We offer sensible wages, still higher than the existing contracts, and top them up with performance related bonuses. If it works out, the player gets more cash, if not, they get their downside guarantee, and the club are no longer raped by charlatans purely because of who we are.

Back