Scott Wright is such a disappointment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he’s slightly struggling with the weight of the shirt. Last season, we were firing on all cylinders, weren’t playing in front of fans and he was coming on against tired defences.

This season’s more of a fight, the fans are back and he’s been given more responsibility - the pressure’s been cranked up a few degrees. Needs a strong end to the season to justify his place in the squad beyond June.

Was willing him to do well but when he started against Livi at home a few games ago that was enough for me. Can't believe the length of contract we give players sometimes. Hastie as an example he must of been a 3 or 4 year deal as well?

Wasn't good enough for the sheep, don't know why anyone thought he'd be any better here
Because we have had many instances in the recent past of picking up SPFL/SPL players who you wouldn’t think are anywhere near good enough for us (Broadfoot for instance) who yet turn out to be fairly useful players. I thought his promise last season was quite clear to see.

Whenever a team line up was announced by the club Twitter the comments would be dominated by replies screaming for Wright to start.

Reactions: WBD
I think our fanbase was unanimous in being very excited by Wright in the second half of last season with his excellent cameo appearances. It looked to have been a quality signing from Wilson and Gerrard because Wright had never caught the eye that much at Aberdeen. Through his initial substitute appearances it looked like the scouting had been bang on and we had found a really technically gifted player who was suited to our style of play. It also looked to have been a masterclass to have brought him in early in January 2021 so that he could bed himself in for the start of this current season.

He then started this season brilliantly with a genuinely superb strike against Livi. And since then it’s pretty much gone pear shaped. He’s a mouse on the park. Plays hide and seek and when he does get the ball it’s a massive anticlimax as he usually drives the ball forward and then makes the wrong decision or just punts the ball out the park.

4 goals in 24 games this season and last season 3 goals in 33 games. Zero assists. He doesn’t create goals.

I was so excited by him for this season. We’d heard how he had transformed his physique and showed glimpses of quality at the end of last seasons. It turns out that he was just thriving under zero pressure, coming off the bench in games where we were already winning with the league sewn up in February.

I can see only one option for next season which is to loan him out to another SPFL side and see whether he can improve his game and be a stand out. If he can impress in our league, it would then be worth considering bringing him back.

He is contracted until summer 2025.
Didn’t realise those stats. Zero assists. Wow

He has shown he can make a difference as a late sub so its not all bad. I doubt he'll be here next season though.

I was surprised when we bought him, I'd never noticed him at all at the sheep and he'd never been mentioned. Was even more surprised when he started to look pretty decent at the end of the season.

Sadly, not very surprised he seems to be a bit pish all in. A patch of purple/lilac

Bit of pace but not a lot else. When we have talent like Lowry on the books. Wright should be behind him in the pecking order for Game time.

Would move on in summer

Hastie, Jones, Barker and Wright. Either their stats were dugmeat or the they couldn't hold a place down at their respective Clubs. Yet we took a "Low risk" punt on them. Now add all their wages over a few years each and then add in resources trying to offload them. All after about 2 or 3 months realising they weren't Rangers quality.

SPL Winger Jobbers.

Looked a random signing, came in and looked inspired and now looks like the bog standard SPFL player he probably is.

BTW so glad this thread wasn't started by user ScottWrightsMum that would have been harsh. :))

I don't think he played well either but he has an assist for the Roofe goal. At least I think it was Wright who played it to him?

I thought our front line including Wright were sloppy all night their 2nd touch was often a tackle none of them can take a ball in with their backs to goal. Roofe, in spite of his goal in Belgium, is a penalty box striker and one of the worst offenders for me his touch is none existent most of the time and he runs about all over the place and does very little. He missed a few easy chances as did Fashion. Fashion on the other hand can be excused, for now, as he's just raw. I expect much more from a seasoned professional like Roofe.

All combinations of our front three that were on tonight were no where near good enough in that department. At times they had no idea where the ball was after having attempted to trap it.

We had some attacking players in the banter years who were better than him.

We've got the player his track record suggested.

Said this last weekend, but I'd swap him for Barrie McKay in a heartbeat. No harm to the lad, just doesn't have it imo. He's our Gary Mackay-Steven. Loads of running, but not got a lot else going on for him.

similar to jordan jones, jack hastie, we took him free on a pre contract and it just hasn't worked out
decent enough players but no way near good enough for Rangers

This only disappointment here is that admin hasn't yet noticed 2 pages of Timmy wankbate.

Reactions: WBD
Never fails to amaze me how much Follow Follow can hate a Rangers player. Pretty sad really. We won in second gear. Relax.
It’s got nothing to do with the game. So we can’t discuss any negative at all about players?

The point of the thread is that for me and several others Wright has been disappointing because we thought he’d be much more productive for us than he has been this season.

Don’t want to discuss, stay out the thread maybe?

This only disappointment here is that admin hasn't yet noticed 2 pages of Timmy wankbate.
Get a grip ffs. Simply discussing a fringe player who has underperformed this season. Could give a %^*& what any scum fan thinks. Do you think they are genuinely delighted to read this? They probably have seen him and know he is poor anyway. They are probably desperate for us to play him at Ibrox next Old Firm game.

I think our fanbase was unanimous in being very excited by Wright in the second half of last season with his excellent cameo appearances. It looked to have been a quality signing from Wilson and Gerrard because Wright had never caught the eye that much at Aberdeen. Through his initial substitute appearances it looked like the scouting had been bang on and we had found a really technically gifted player who was suited to our style of play. It also looked to have been a masterclass to have brought him in early in January 2021 so that he could bed himself in for the start of this current season.

He then started this season brilliantly with a genuinely superb strike against Livi. And since then it’s pretty much gone pear shaped. He’s a mouse on the park. Plays hide and seek and when he does get the ball it’s a massive anticlimax as he usually drives the ball forward and then makes the wrong decision or just punts the ball out the park.

4 goals in 24 games this season and last season 3 goals in 33 games. Zero assists. He doesn’t create goals.

I was so excited by him for this season. We’d heard how he had transformed his physique and showed glimpses of quality at the end of last seasons. It turns out that he was just thriving under zero pressure, coming off the bench in games where we were already winning with the league sewn up in February.

I can see only one option for next season which is to loan him out to another SPFL side and see whether he can improve his game and be a stand out. If he can impress in our league, it would then be worth considering bringing him back.

He is contracted until summer 2025.
Excellent and quality are 2 things that have never been associated with Scott Wright, was a gamble that never paid off. Another pay off looming and more wasted funds

Talking about this early. He looked promising, just fell away. Like most have said end product just not their

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back