Louis Moult

He's foreign though. No one on this board or the old board would have heard of Morelos.

Moult might thrive in the pressure situation or he might not, we'll never know until he's in that situation.

We've signed many a Scottish based player and they have been shit.

Same goes for foreigners.

Nationality means %^*& all

So did Fran Sandaza. Our recent history is littered with players who scored goals for diddy clubs and couldn't do it in a Rangers jersey.

You'd think people would have picked up on the recurring theme.
Selective stats?
There have been plenty others who thrived going back a wee bit futrther though.

Reactions: Mez
Moult aint no world beater but he'd sure as hell get stuck in which is more than a lot of our current team are capable of giving us. He would be a far better option than either Miller or Windass in our front three. At least the opposition would know he was there.

What age was Novo when he signed for Rangers and where had he previously plied his trade? I really couldn't give a shit where a player has previosly played if there's a chance he'll improve the team. Louis Moult has scored continuously for a side that are mid table at best, I'm not going to cut off my nose to spite my face due to some weird footballing snobbery

Ah I see. Nacho Novo scored goals for a diddy club and then did so at Rangers, ergo any player who scores goals for a diddy club will do so at Rangers.

We'll go far with logic like this. Let's just disregard all the guys who failed to make the step up.

We've signed many a Scottish based player and they have been shit.

Same goes for foreigners.

Nationality means %^*& all

You are correct, but people would rather give a chance to foreigner over someone from the Scottish league just because they are foreigner even if all the stats show the player from the Scottish league has a better chance of faring better.

League 1, that's what it's like on here, a guy scores goals and there's posts saying let's sign him, it's ridiculous, why get moult when ohalloran has scored the same? None of the said players are good enough for us

It's pretty straight forward. Moult is a target man, would partner well with morelos in a 442 and attack Candeias cross balls.

MOH needs space in behind and wouldn't work in out present system. He needs to play on a counter attack team or he's useless, as we found out already.

You are correct, but people would rather give a chance to foreigner over someone from the Scottish league just because they are foreigner even if all the stats show the player from the Scottish league has a better chance of faring better.

CQRW0kAWIAAvytA.jpg

I'd like to see Herrera given a proper run of games.

Given the game time Miller sees and let's see what he's all about.

He's scored more league goals than Miller.
What a novel concept. For some reason PC continues to start Miller ahead of him which is a problem and might tell us something. Like you, I'd like to see him given at least 5 or 6 starts, at Millers expense, and let's see what he can do.

Do you need to see Louis Moult fail in a Rangers jersey to be convinced?

Is it not easier just to look at the evidence and make a projection?

What is the evidence though?
Unless you're going for the very best, failure is always a possibility.
Even then, plenty of "the best" have failed miserably when asked to reproduce their previous form at a new club.

Ah I see. Nacho Novo scored goals for a diddy club and then did so at Rangers, ergo any player who scores goals for a diddy club will do so at Rangers.

We'll go far with logic like this. Let's just disregard all the guys who failed to make the step up.

This argument is easily turned on its head though.

I'd make a move for him in January. He would be an extremely low risk signing. I reckon we could get him for around ÂŁ300k and a basic wage. If it doesn't work out we would definitely be able to recoup what we paid. It's extremely low risk and I'd be astonished if he didn't offer more than Herrera who looks an absolute carthorse.

I don't normally jump on the bandwagon to sign SPL players who have 1 or 2 good seasons.

But i do actually like Moult. The only problem for me is, he reminds me of ohalloran in the sense you would have to make him the focal point of the team. That works for clubs like Motherwell and St Johnstone but if he came to us he would have to fit into OUR style of play. Teams like his current club make him their main player, the tactics aim to bring him into play. Would we do that?.

For what it's worth, I would sign him. I think we have 1 decent striker, and that is Morelos. We need someone to replace Miller.

What is the evidence though?
Unless you're going for the very best, failure is always a possibility.
Even then, plenty of "the best" have failed miserably when asked to reproduce their previous form at a new club.

You say that as if scoring for Motherwell de facto means you can do it for Rangers.

What is the evidence?

As i've mentioned previously, Michael Higdon has a better record for them, Shall we stick a bid in?

He probably has more more in his locker in terms of technical ability too.

You say that as if scoring for Motherwell de facto means you can do it for Rangers.

What is the evidence?

As i've mentioned previously, Michael Higdon has a better record for them, Shall we stick a bid in?

I don't know if he'd be a success or not but, before you sign him, or Higdon, how do you decide if he's going to be good enough?
You can only go on what you know and there seems to be as many pluses as minuses.
Just need to decide the priority.
You know that he can score goals, you know he has no pace and you don't know if he has the temperament.
So there is a definite plus, a definite minus and a mibee.
It's a gamble, bud.
Some you win, some you lose.
You just hope you get more Boyd or Novos than Sandazza or Clarks.
That said, it's the same if you go to England or Finland, Brazil or Australia for your signings.

I expected that tbh. Point still stands. We've got posters that won't even entertain Moult because he might not be able to handle pressure at Rangers, even though his stats put Herrera to shame, but he's Mexican so he's automatically better.

His stats do NOT put Herrera to shame. They both have scored 1 in 3 throughout thier careers. Moult's goals coming at a substantially lower level than Herrera's.

4th and 5th tier of English football is where he scored half of his goals!

Was Morelos playing for a big club before joining us? Was he used to play under same pressure?
you can only judge a player when he signs.
Boyd and Novo weren't exactly playing for big teams before scoring regularly for Rangers.

Was Morelos playing for a big club before joining us? Was he used to play under same pressure?
you can only judge a player when he signs.
Boyd and Novo weren't exactly playing for big teams before scoring regularly for Rangers.
Morelos was apparently telling fans before he came that he was going to score goals. And he came and he does. Not many players do that. ...

What is the evidence?

Look at the Tims best goal scorer a complete failure in the Championship.

Ryan Jack was rubbish as well .

Moult scores against all the teams including us and the Tims.

You always get people saying guys like Moult from the SPL are "not Rangers class" - but what IS Rangers class these days ? It's not Laudrup or Gazza that's for sure - we're not even close to that level sadly.

We're not going to make any impact on Europe in the foreseeable future and we play week in and week out in the same league where Moult is a regular goal scorer.

At this point in time I think he's a good option - potential foil for Moreles and we need another option up front.

He divides opinion on here, but signing Moult would be a cheap option and a no brainer. He knows where the goal is at our level.
Seriously you'd think the reaction with people here is we're recommending spending 1 million on him. Replacing Kenny Miller with Moult on a free transfer next season wold be great business as even if he doesn't work out we'd still likely get something from a League 1 club for him with his track record at Motherwell then playing for us

If the answer is 'Louis Moult', then we're in a worse position than we realise.

He's a Motherwell level player, every day of the week, scoring goals without pressure, spotlight or expectation.

The mere streetlights on Edmiston Drive would reduce him to jelly.

No thanks.

Did moh score today ?.
It that a rhetorical question ? On checking M. O'H ,failed to find the net today but I think you knew that . However , Moult and him have both scored 5 goals so far this season . So on paper look similar prospects ,which was the point I was making .

He's a Motherwell level player, every day of the week, scoring goals without pressure, spotlight or expectation.

No thanks.

Unless you're his shrink, you can't possibly know that.

It that a rhetorical question ? On checking M. O'H ,failed to find the net today but I think you knew that . However , Moult and him have both scored 5 goals so far this season . So on paper look similar prospects ,which was the point I was making .

Eh, I didn't know but if he had it would still have been a goal less than moult.

The number of times I watched moh in blue and wanted him to do something with the ball for us only to be disappointed when he couldn't which was almost all the time.

We know about moh, but we don't know about moult until he wears the blue. That's a gamble.

We need someone in the Moult mould but better (that's not easy to write after a few pints). I am led to believe he would love to play for us, even though he's English. Remember he should have been sent off playing against us, and if he had been a Rangers player he most certainly would have been. So we need someone with his physical presence but better, faster and smarter.
Is such a player available? That is what our scouting staff are there for.

No thanks.

An embarrassing, ridiculous post. You don't have a scooby how he would turn out in a Rangers jersey.

He averages a goal every two games for Motherwell and would cost 5 times less than Herrera. It's a no brainer. Even if your ''gut instinct'' is correct we would easily punt him down south for a small profit.

Back