World Cup Break November Old Firm in Sydney Confirmed - Reports: Now In Doubt

Should Rangers play them in Australia? Yes or No

• Yes

Votes: 145 5.7%
  • No

Votes: 2,407 94.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Our Aussie fans really need to stay strong on this farce and avoid it. We are a sideshow in Ange's homecoming which in itself is a cover up for their sex abuse court cases.
Not calling your fellow fans dickheads would be a start eh?

They don't have the beauty of being able to go every week.

We here in Scotland need to think of what fans abroad think.

If my favourite ever band from the other side of the world toured Scotland for the first time in a decade but it was a front for terrorist loving paedophile protecting scum, I wouldn't go and take part.

Any fan at this match can fucking do one too. The RSCs there need to speak out against it.

See it's this nonsense I have a problem with.

My position on the friendly is clear. It shouldn't be happening. It's disgusting. But that isn't the fault of the people who spend thousands of dollars supporting a team in a completely different hemisphere. They deserve to see OUR team without the abuse being thrown at them.

It's not the bears on the other side of the worlds fault that the board are whores.

Have a word with yourself. Direct your anger at the board, not the bears who follow the club on the other side of the world.

But hey, staunch points for you and all the others abusing oceanic Bears.

Probably the same ones abusing the bears in AUS/NZ are the same ones who were screaming about boycotting all away grounds in 2012, that went very well.

I hope any Australia based bears avoid this or even protest it at the stadium rather than attend. I say that as a Rangers fan who got far too giddy and walked away from flat, job, gf to go watch us vs AEK Athens and Blackburn in the pishing rain in Sydney on my years visa and beyond.
I’m going to Australia, why? To watch Rangers play a friendly tournament was a conversation had with the girlfriend , parents, friends and employer and I have absolutely zero regrets AND I am gutted other fans won’t have the chance or even the excitement to think that could be a life changing decision. We absolutely should be playing tournaments for our NARSA and ORSA fans BUT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT against the orcs. For everything that is good with the world this should never be happening. A fucking ‘friendly’ against Lazio or a Roma with the Italian communities would generate as many ticket sales in Australia ffs

I’ve been there I’ve done it! I’ve spent half my adult life abroad and there have been times I’ve missed Rangers and visiting Ibrox more than absolutely anything. I implore you not to go, do not go, do not fund the bank balance for a paedophile ring to deny their sordid history and provide a smokescreen for what they are truly all about. Don’t go

My position on the friendly is clear. It shouldn't be happening. It's disgusting. But that isn't the fault of the people who spend thousands of dollars supporting a team in a completely different hemisphere. They deserve to see OUR team without the abuse being thrown at them.

It's not the bears on the other side of the worlds fault that the board are whores.

Have a word with yourself. Direct your anger at the board, not the bears who follow the club on the other side of the world.

Probably the same ones abusing the bears in AUS/NZ are the same ones who were screaming about boycotting all away grounds in 2012, that went very well.
They can arrange meet and greets and see their heroes. The other side of the world debate does not change my opinion on it all.
If it happened on your doorstep, would you go?
The fact you can see Rangers more often shouldn’t enter the equation. Rangers absolutely should be playing a friendly tournament in Australia for our fans. Not against them, NEVER against them and I will never be swayed on this. It’s a blot on our glorious 150 year Anniversary it truly is

Last edited:

We here in Scotland (where most of our season ticket holders are from) are the lifeblood of the club.

It’s us that’s being ignored, I genuinely don’t know 1 person who supporters the board in this.

The poll on here speaks volumes as well.

Tosh.

I'd like Rangers primarily to take into account what their local support, the lifeblood of the club, think.

Its been long held belief of mine that ex pats in far flung lands suffer from natural disengagement and disconnect from the club and frankly this abomination is evidence of it.

Probably no real feeling, through no fault of their own, of what we all went through during the last 10 years and as a result see nothing wrong with this because they'll get to see Rangers live.

Well there's lots wrong with it.

Nobody is saying its their fault.

Its pretty spineless to completely disagree with a decision, but go put your money towards it anyway. Gives credence to those who have royally fucked over the people who fund this club. Partly the reason why the board (amongst others) think they can walk all over us without retaliation. We're not very strong.

It wouldn't be me.

If my favourite ever band from the other side of the world toured Scotland for the first time in a decade but it was a front for terrorist loving paedophile protecting scum, I wouldn't go and take part.

Except the bears that will going aren't going there to see the nonces, they're going their to see OUR team. The team that they love and haven't seen live in over a decade. A club we all support knowing our only chance to get to see them is at 3am in the morning

How many of this forum would still follow Rangers if they didn't get to see a live game in over 10 years? They deserve praise, not abuse.
Well done to the board. They've managed to get supporters turning on each other while they carry on whoring themselves.

They can arrange meet and greets and see their heroes. The best ther side of the world debate does not change my opinion on it all.
If it happened on your doorstep, would you go?
The fact you can see Rangers more often shouldn’t enter the equation. Rangers absolutely should be playing a friendly tournament in Australia for our fans. Not against them, NEVER against them and I will never be swayed on this. It’s a blot on our glorious 150 year Anniversary it truly is

Not arguing that.

Arguing about the abuse being dished out to Australian bears.

The chat from the Australian based fans has been a complete riddy to be perfectly honest. Bears tweeting about Ange’s homecoming for instance.

The chat from the Australian based fans has been a complete riddy to be perfectly honest. Bears tweeting about Ange’s homecoming for instance.

Well tbh I haven't seen that and if that's the case then they should have a strong fn word with themselves.

My supporters club (MGRSC) opinion has always been the friendly should be shelved. Most members I have spoken to are absolutely against the friendly against them (the game against WSW is a different matter)

Only Rangers could take the absolute joy out of seeing Rangers.

Well tbh I haven't seen that and if that's the case then they should have a strong fn word with themselves.

My supporters club (MGRSC) opinion has always been the friendly should be shelved. Most members I have spoken to are absolutely against the friendly against them (the game against WSW is a different matter)

Only Rangers could take the absolute joy out of seeing Rangers.

Are many from your RSC still buying tickets for the yahoos game and what is the official ORSA stance?

Except the bears that will going aren't going there to see the nonces, they're going their to see OUR team. The team that they love and haven't seen live in over a decade. A club we all support knowing our only chance to get to see them is at 3am in the morning

How many of this forum would still follow Rangers if they didn't get to see a live game in over 10 years? They deserve praise, not abuse.
Well done to the board. They've managed to get supporters turning on each other while they carry on whoring themselves.
my dad has been back to scotland maybe 5 times since 2000, so i cant imagine he has seen us play any more than 5-10 times (that includes the last time they came to sydney) and has no desire to see us playing them in a friendly in a stadium 15 miles from his home. however he still wakes up at 2am every week to watch the games on RTV or 4,45/7am to watch us in europe.

Are many from your RSC still buying tickets for the yahoos game and what is the official ORSA stance?

Genuinely don't know ORSA stance. I know NASRA came out against it but let's be honest, had the game been held held in Northern America their stance would completely different.

From the members I've spoken to, the majority, are conflicted. Have to weigh up their love for the club over their disgust at making money alongside 'them'

They want to see Rangers and will do anything to support the club, but this may be a step too far.

I urge UK based bears to direct their anger at the board, but Southern Hemisphere bears. They shouldn't be abused for loving our club. It's not like they/we decided to do this.

my dad has been back to scotland maybe 5 times since 2000, so i cant imagine he has seen us play any more than 5-10 times (that includes the last time they came to sydney) and has no desire to see us playing them in a friendly in a stadium 15 miles from his home. however he still wakes up at 2am every week to watch the games on RTV or 4,45 to watch us in europe.
A man with principles and morals.

But you came straight on here that day to let us know that you never opened. Anything for a bit of publicity.

Classy.
I was asked a few times privately if I was opening, I told them I wasn't and put it out on social media, is that ok
Did you have a problem with all the other pubs opening and being packed

my dad has been back to scotland maybe 5 times since 2000, so i cant imagine he has seen us play any more than 5-10 times (that includes the last time they came to sydney) and has no desire to see us playing them in a friendly in a stadium 15 miles from his home. however he still wakes up at 2am every week to watch the games on RTV or 4,45/7am to watch us in europe.

Again, not arguing that. I'm in the same boat.

The misplaced anger resulting in the abuse of oceanic bears is where I'm drawing a line

the clear argument here to me is playing a `friendly` against a club that are facing a class action for decades of sexual abuse and for covering it up!
It is like we are giving them some legitimacy in denying the sexual abuse!
I find it offensive and appalling!
We are insulting the victims of child sexual abuse by engaging in this `friendly`

Last edited:
Is it?

Do all bears who go to away games receive the same abuse?
It doesn’t matter where the game is being played! There’s a reason it’s not being played on these Isles or even this Continent and that’s because folk will likely go tonto and our board know this.

If they’re receiving abuse for saying they support the game being played AND will attend? Then yes tough love.

The only denominator that is a problem here is the paedophile or a, not the fans, Scotland based or Australia based. Would we be excited about a Lazio v Rangers friendly in Oz?

As an NZ based bear I still feel the same way as most back home in that I don't want it to happen. Would love to see Rangers play down here, preferably without having to go to oz, but not sure I'll go to this one. If we win the league maybe my opinion will change (doubtful.) If we don't then I won't. If it was in Melbourne, which would make it a fat Ange homecoming, then it would be harder to say no as we have family there. But hey any reason not to jump the ditch is good for me though.

Is it?

Do all bears who go to away games receive the same abuse?
If you mean going to the piggery and paying £50 then yes, yes they do receive abuse
Same as the fans who go to Tannadice BUT they don’t finance them in a friendly a FUCKING friendly. Come on now, there’s not many parallels here

If you want to go, go if you don't then don't, I think it is the wrong call but if the game goes ahead then fans should be able to attend without all this hysteria
I wouldn't I wouldn't mind visiting Sydney, looks a beautiful City
Beautiful City definitely go, but going to the game would tarnish your experience

even if I did know who they are I wouldn't take their opinion unless I thought they could add something to my pub
An odd stance from someone who was more than happy to take the opinions of those who supported his battle with the board of Club1872.

I was one of them.

It doesn’t matter where the game is being played! There’s a reason it’s not being played on these Isles or even this Continent and that’s because folk will likely go tonto and our board know this.

If they’re receiving abuse for saying they support the game being played AND will attend? Then yes tough love.

The only denominator that is a problem here is the paedophile or a, not the fans, Scotland based or Australia based. Would we be excited about a Lazio v Rangers friendly in Oz?
Lazio, I would go and see that

I'd rather this game didn't happen but the fuss about it has been hysterical.

The way the news was leaked by their side to cover up their shame, and after one of our worst results of the season, set the reaction away on a trajectory out of all proportion with what it is: a meaningless game akin to a testimonial / charity game, or at a push a Glasgow Cup.

It won't be cancelled but hopefully the lesson is learned and this kind of thing is never attempted again.

Personally I wouldn’t condemn any Aussie bears who go to see us. The blame lies entirely with those who arranged the game. They should have known better, and or least sounded out the support if they didn’t. I’m still hoping the commercial team that organized it will see the error of their ways and withdraw from the competition

Tosh.

I'd like Rangers primarily to take into account what their local support, the lifeblood of the club, think.

Its been long held belief of mine that ex pats in far flung lands suffer from natural disengagement and disconnect from the club and frankly this abomination is evidence of it.

Probably no real feeling, through no fault of their own, of what we all went through during the last 10 years and as a result see nothing wrong with this because they'll get to see Rangers live.

Well there's lots wrong with it.
I wake up at all hours of the night to watch games live even though I could watch them on demand later. I listen to pretty much every Rangers podcast and youtuber. I spend many hours on this forum each week. I'm not alone, there are plenty of diehard fans down here who are engaged and connected with the club and support. The last live game I saw was about 15 years ago. The closest I've been since then was watching us utterly collapse against Kilmarnock on the last day a few years back whilst sat in NN10.
It's not us who asked for this game. I don't think there will be many bears there tbh. Most are likely to boycott the match against them if not the whole thing.

Customary gif:

I was referring to my business
Oh, so my opinion on the shitshow that C1872 is was of value because it backed you. You wanted to interfere with the running of another business when it suited.

You happily asked us to vote with you, which hundreds of us did, but now you're telling us what we think of someone elses business doesn't matter?

Like I said, it's an odd stance.

If you mean going to the piggery and paying £50 then yes, yes they do receive abuse
Same as the fans who go to Tannadice BUT they don’t finance them in a friendly a FUCKING friendly. Come on now, there’s not many parallels here

Well there is because in 2012 the shout was that no Rangers fan
should ever step foot in an away ground of any Scottish club (top flight) again.

And yet we couldn't even get through a cup tie at Tannadice without our support showing up. But hey, they only actively tried to kill the club.

No difference in Australian based bears going to support our club in this nonsense.

Hopefully we get a change of personnel in the boardroom, new guy(s) come in and chuck this thing on the scrapheap where it belongs.

The sanctioning of this thing by the 'current' custodians is tantermout to treason.

Genuinely don't know ORSA stance. I know NASRA came out against it but let's be honest, had the game been held held in Northern America their stance would completely different.

From the members I've spoken to, the majority, are conflicted. Have to weigh up their love for the club over their disgust at making money alongside 'them'

They want to see Rangers and will do anything to support the club, but this may be a step too far.

I urge UK based bears to direct their anger at the board, but Southern Hemisphere bears. They shouldn't be abused for loving our club. It's not like they/we decided to do this.

Not so sure about that on NARSA based on my experience with the executive. It’ll be interesting to see who the Club send over this year and the response they get at the convention.

I don’t think an Old Firm in NA would be a good idea anyway for a variety of reasons.

As an NZ based bear I still feel the same way as most back home in that I don't want it to happen. Would love to see Rangers play down here, preferably without having to go to oz, but not sure I'll go to this one. If we win the league maybe my opinion will change (doubtful.) If we don't then I won't. If it was in Melbourne, which would make it a fat Ange homecoming, then it would be harder to say no as we have family there. But hey any reason not to jump the ditch is good for me though.

Completely understand mate. In the exact same position as yourself. A chance to see Rangers live in person for the first time in over a decade is just a short 9hr drive away from Melbourne and I don't think I'll be going.

And that's on the current board

Do we have a good support down under?

They'll probably have the neutrals and the 2nd/3rd generation Irish in their end amongst their fans but do we have enough to fill 20-30 thousand?

If this happens i hope there are rammys all over the place and carnage around the ground. (With no Bears being hurt obviously)
I would love to see it abandoned 5 minutes in and consigned to the history bin.

Back