Get to Auchenhowie for our players 5pm - they need us now more than ever

A heros welcome for not being heros?
In 2018, we were placed in UEFA Rankings at number 262 and today we sit at number 34! We have been on an amazing European journey for the last few years and especially this year as we have yet again made another final. If you cant appreciate that ONLY us out of all the British clubs managed to get to a final, then sorry but, theres something wrong with you.

We also finished with our players as the Europa league top scorer-Tav
and Defender-Goldson
and most assists -Aribo
and MCgregor was the tournament top GK with most saves

Last edited:
So were you one of the ones who ran out after the last penalty? Or did you stay to boo the bottle merchants like they deserved?

The players must absolutely despise glory hunters like you.
It's the players that supply the glory hunters with tickets.

Btw not a dig at the other poster you're referring to.. don't know the guy.

I was sad at full time but the journey was amazing. Beating Dortmund, blowing away Braga and Leipzig results punching well above our weight.
Exactly mate we are all gutted but let's not forget the reason we are gutted is they made us believe and they got as close as they possibly could

Seriously? Get this so far to f@ck.

Of course they are heroes. They have battled through the rounds against far better teams with bigger spending power to get us to a final that on paper we should never have been at.

If you can’t appreciate the journey they have made (and took us on) then you need to have a serious rethink.
What kind of idiot cannot recognise we had a brilliant run and only fell at last hurdle for a combination of reasons. AdiGaz you get the award for the most ignorant unbalanced post seen on here for a long time. Your judgement on football matters is so far off the mark, I think you should start following another sport.

In 2018, we were placed in UEFA Rankings at number 262 and today we sit at number 34! We have been on an amazing European journey for the last few years and especially this year as we have yet again made another final. If you cant appreciate that ONLY us out of all the British clubs managed to get to a final, then sorry but, theres something wrong with you.
Don't mean to be pedantic but Liverpool are in the CL final.

Of course they are heroes. They have battled through the rounds against far better teams with bigger spending power to get us to a final that on paper we should never have been at.

If you can’t appreciate the journey they have made (and took us on) then you need to have a serious rethink.
Well said mate

We are all heartbroken and gutted and that was a sore one to take last night

But some of the utter pish being spouted on here today is embarrassing ,I think a good few folk need really think it through before hitting the post button.

Last edited:
At no stage have I said they deliberately played like that.

But let's not pretend they left it all out there last night.

Poor performances all around.
The one thing they did last night was leave everything out there. The performance wasn't great but everyone of them were out on their feet at the end

If you think otherwise then I've seen more balanced and sensible poster on Kerryfail

I don't know if your deliberately looking for bites but you are acting like a complete wank

I genuinely despair at some of our fans. The players and staff thoroughly deserve the reception they get back at the training centre. They have given us nights that we will never ever forget on this run, they have gone toe to toe with some of the best in Europe. Falling at the final hurdle, in an absolute lottery, is nothing to be ashamed of. To get us there and get us so close makes each and every one of them a hero.
Let’s get behind them, pick them up, and ensure we go into the summer and the rebuild as winners

Anyone that thinks the team didn’t give their all or won’t realise the gravity of the chance that slipped away is frankly mental. They will know they’ll never get another chance like that, as we do: they’ll be gutted.

Was out in my work carpark with flight radar on my phone to see the plane fly directly overhead and I just felt really emotional, especially for Tav. F*ck it, bring on next season. It can't come quick enough.
It’s been an emotionally fraught fortnight to be honest but today has been unreal. I think I’ve managed to calm my mind a bit and stop the what ifs. Feeling finally a wee bit calmer , although every now and then seeing a post like yours it hits home. Small things making me go a bit teary. It’s the big kid in all of us when it comes to football and Rangers.

The one thing they did last night was leave everything out there. The performance wasn't great but everyone of them were out on their feet at the end

If you think otherwise then I've seen more balanced and sensible poster on Kerryfail

I don't know if your deliberately looking for bites but you are acting like a complete wank
Most of them could hardly walk by the end of it, the performance was quite poor but anyone questioning the teams effort is at it.

r they heros?
Yes.

They took us from Alloa to Seville. They had us believe we could win, and on the day gave 100%. But for the lottery of a penalty shoot out, that we could have won that game. We played a team from a top league, thinking we could pump them, however misguided, actually illustrates how far this group of players have brought us and raised our expectations.

Using your criteria, McCoist, Gough, Hately, Gazza, Laudrup, Goram, Barry, Durrant and Albertz aren't heroes.

If that's not good enough, I really don't know what to tell you.

Some roasters in our support. I'd hate to have seen the reaction if Borussia Dortmund, the tournament favourites, had knocked us out. Pathetic from some.

Those players have given some nights I for one will never forget and got to a euro final just 10 years after Scottish football tried to finish us. They should be shown the the support and gratitude they deserve for that run.

The journey has been this season, the last 4 seasons under Gerrard and beyond to the day we kicked off at Brechin and their fücking hedge.

We all wanted to win the trophy last night, of course we did… but getting to the point of appearing in a major European Final a decade on from being on the brink and sweating on whether we would get a licence to play matches again is something to reflect on today.

We were so close to doing it last night; arguably the better team over the 120 minutes.
I’ve gone through the sadness & anger today. I’m reflecting now and grateful for the journey and the experience, rather than resentful that it didn’t end how I would like.

Last edited:
Some roasters in our support. I'd hate to have seen the reaction if Borussia Dortmund, the tournament favourites, had knocked us out. Pathetic from some.

Those players have given some nights I for one will never forget and got to a euro final just 10 years after Scottish football tried to finish us. They should be shown the the support and gratitude they deserve for that run.
Absolutely this

I genuinely despair at some of our fans. The players and staff thoroughly deserve the reception they get back at the training centre. They have given us nights that we will never ever forget on this run, they have gone toe to toe with some of the best in Europe. Falling at the final hurdle, in an absolute lottery, is nothing to be ashamed of. To get us there and get us so close makes each and every one of them a hero.
Let’s get behind them, pick them up, and ensure we go into the summer and the rebuild as winners
Some of our ‘fans’ don’t deserve the football club they are lucky enough to ‘support’.

Days like yesterday just amplify that viewpoint.

Lost a European final with a squad running on fumes and our club struggling to break even, almost as if the last 10 years didn’t happen.

Last edited:
Yes.

They took us from Alloa to Seville. They had us believe we could win, and on the day gave 100%. But for the lottery of a penalty shoot out, that we could have won that game. We played a team from a top league, thinking we could pump them, however misguided, actually illustrates how far this group of players have brought us and raised our expectations.

Using your criteria, McCoist, Gough, Hately, Gazza, Laudrup, Goram, Barry, Durrant and Albertz aren't heroes.

If that's not good enough, I really don't know what to tell you.

Few sitting this time last year would have thought we’d be in a European final. Even fewer after we lost our manager and back room staff mid season.

Every one of those players wrote their name in history last night. Some peoples thinking is just mental. What an epic our European journey has been this season. It’s given bears memories that will last a life time.

Back