West Ham reportedly in for Bassey Exwhuemployee

As do I, but there’s not a player in our squad who isn’t for sale at the right price.
Its the rubbing of hands glee at the thought of getting a big fee.

Im depressed enough as it is, the thought of losing someone like him after Wednesday isnt making things any better

Anyone else stupid enough to think that Bassey Exwhuemployee was his full name?

Like Joseph Oluwaseyi Temitope Ayodele-Aribo

Just me then

Poster on here said a while back £15m was on the table already from West Ham , a good club great fit for boy , he’s actually from East End of London aswell , but c,mon to %^*& another few years with us first at least :(. Oh and add another £10m on above figure .
If 15 million is even entertained then some people should be forcibly removed from Ibrox. That's spivs and whyte levels of under valuating our assets.

20M. That’s me lowballing, and I normally have a poor opinion of our ability to get good money for our players.
Biscuit hips was 25 mill. Bassey is a better player and does not get injured in the same way as him.
We should get at least 25 for Bassey. I expect West Ham would want 30 million for Dawson!!

Got to sell when the stock price is high.

This is the model the club want to run.
Exactly. Something we have failed to do with EVERY player on our books (with the one exception)

Goldson, tav, kamara, barisic, kent, aribo, morelos….

Have all reached a peak at some point in the past when they had decent time on their contracts. Now their values are less, generally, and their contracts are a lot less.

We may regret knocking back the bid for Alfie a few years ago

But he did help us on the run to the final

It’s a hard one ain’t it.

Alfie goes, we get a good scoop and we buy someone who is just as capable. (Not easy I know)

We didn’t sell he helps us make a lot of prize money.

It’s a tough call but the model is selling when the price is right. If the offer reaches what the club want I really can’t see how a player stays.

Exactly. Something we have failed to do with EVERY player on our books (with the one exception)

Goldson, tav, kamara, barisic, kent, aribo, morelos….

Have all reached a peak at some point in the past when they had decent time on their contracts. Now their values are less, generally, and their contracts are a lot less.

See my next post below yours.

Exactly my thoughts.

We have to accept that every one of our players is for sale at the right price,Unfortunately our value of a player may not be the bidders price.
When everybody knows what our business model is it puts us at a disadvantage as we cannot compete with the wages in the EPL.Mediocre squad players are getting 50k a week.

Its the rubbing of hands glee at the thought of getting a big fee.

Im depressed enough as it is, the thought of losing someone like him after Wednesday isnt making things any better
No it’s definitely not.

That being said, that is our model, and as long as we get a really good fee and the majority goes to Gio to strengthen the team then I can accept it.

Losing assets for free or for buttons would be harder for me.

But my preference is still for us to get him signed up on a bumper new deal and build our defence around him.

Definitely looking at £20-25m here, especially with him being classed as home grown to the EPL. As above we are at the end of a cycle here of core squad members but he wasnt one I'd have expected to leave this year, more Aribo, Kent & Morelos I thought would be first.

See my next post below yours.

Exactly my thoughts.
Yup. The club either need to commit to it. Or not.

The alternative is to sweat everything we can get out of a player and get rid on the cheap.

It’s tough thinking about losing our best players but in reality, we need to/should be looking to sell one of our top 3 players every summer. And maybe 1/2 of the top 10 beyond that.

I think sometimes we have unrealistic expectations of what we are likely to get by way of a transfer fee but in Basseys case I genuinely think we should be looking for a minimum 30 million plus a sell on fee. I cannot see any reason to accept less. I would imagine there will be quite a few in for him over the summer not just West Ham.

No doubt that the EPL is a far better League but as for better level of coaching is that meant to be from the manager who lost twice to Frankfurt. Aye very good.

Robertson, Van Dijk, McGinn, Tierney. They've all done incredibly well in England (when he's not bene injured in Tierney's case), EPL clubs know that there are some gems up here but they need to start paying sensible money. £25 million plus add-ons. If Bassey turned in similar performances for an English club in Europe they'd be adding on another £10 million.

He had played in the CL though. Nevertheless we absolutely should PE pushing for that money.

There are clubs interested, he has 2?years left, so we are in control just now.
He did play CL but was mainly part of a defence on the receipt of pumpings Grigo. So to me experience of winning in Europe v decent sides has to count for more.

Generally no. But in this case it’s very relevant.

Actually don’t think it is

One was an international player including captain of his club with unfortunately several trophies
Other is a young player who’s had a sensational 6 or 7 month with promising future

Actually don’t think it is

One was an international player including captain of his club with unfortunately several trophies
Other is a young player who’s had a sensational 6 or 7 month with promising future
Correct, Bassey is some prospect and will command a high fee.. as he in correct age bracket..£15 million+

I really hope this is bullcrap we need the big man kept,1 of a few we should be building the team around next season.

It's easy to through numbers about
But in this case ,£20 million is the starting price ,before add ons and selling on percentage

And a sod for our football department is required here ,the big man cost buttons and now possibly make us a huge sum if he decided to leave

Tierney had played about 12 games for Scotland when he left, and that included games against sides like Lithuania and Slovenia, he had won Cup Finals against sides like Aberdeen. I really don't think sides bought him based on that TBH.

The Patterson sale shows how naive to a certain extent English sides are in their hope to find the next nugget of sh*t they can chuck at a wall in the hope it sticks, there was nothing in what Patterson had done to validate the fee we got for him, there is with Bassey.

There is a f*ck load of evidence to suggest Bassey is a talent an EPL side will spend a lot of money on

EPL sides do look to pull the trigger on players pretty quickly when they show a decent level of talent, more so someone meeting the home grown criteria.

Back