Goldson - Staying another 4 years!!!

Shame he couldn't he convinced to stay and even more of a shame if his talent is wasted at Nottingham Forest. We do need to freshen up the squad, but it's a shame to lose a player of his calibre for nothing.

But he was instrumental in 55, in a Europa League final run, and in a long awaited Scottish Cup triumph. He will be remembered fondly enough.
Yes he will be remembered fondly enough and rightly so. But he could have become a Rangers legend had he stayed longer. I suspect he will never again win a league championship, get to the final of a major European competition or receive the reaction the team did today. He may miss that or he may not.

I’d rather be said nothing and moved on , rather than give the support cliched soundbites .

He played every time we asked him and was a big part of 55 and Seville , he has come to the end of his contract and honoured it .

He’s entitled to move without giving an explanation .

However , when he runs out to his first home game with his new team he will realise he’s f.ucked it imo

Best of luck to him

People are liking the bit in bold because you are spot on.

I can’t begin to fathom how someone has watched him the last few years and couldn’t take to him.
Wednesday night sums him up, and folks still think he’s amazing.

He has been good overall, but let’s not kid ourselves, he has a howler in him, far too many for my liking. You can make a list of goals shipped that he’s responsible for, and for every one decent pass there’s dozens of terrible balls putting us under pressure again.

He owes us nothing and we owe him nothing.

Thanks for your effort over the last 4 years, hopefully we bring in someone better.

Look at it this way, he hasn’t patronised us or the club, we don’t know the reason so maybe we should just except that.

Unless the ghost of Brian Clough possesses the current Notts Forrest ;) manager they’ll always be a provincial club. If that’s his choice then that’s it.

He has been good overall, but let’s not kid ourselves, he has a howler in him, far too many for my liking. You can make a list of goals shipped that he’s responsible for, and for every one decent pass there’s dozens of terrible balls putting us under pressure again.

Thanks for your effort over the last 4 years, hopefully we bring in someone better.
“Wednesday night sums up”

His performance in a f*cking European Final sums him up….

“Wednesday night sums up”

His performance in a f*cking European Final sums him up….
Which was lost.

Due to his poor defending.

A goal which we’ve lost season after season, where he does the exact same thing in letting the ball go across the 6y/d box.

Like I said he’s done well for us for where we were, but we can do better than him.

Last edited:
Which was lost.
A goal which we’ve lost season after season, where he does the exact same thing in letting the ball go across the 6y/d box.

Like I said he’s done well for us for where we were, but we can do better than him.
Which we actually got to thanks to his outstanding defending

Give me a f*ck load of players who finally get “summed up” in European Finals.

Been a great player for us and goes with best wishes for the future. Rangers resurrected his career and the move worked out well for both parties. It’s a good advert for us for any player down south thinking about coming up here.

He’ll set himself up for life with his next move but he’ll miss playing for us because he’ll never compete for another European trophy again or play in front of a fanatical support like ours week in week out.

Not fussed in the slightest to be honest.

If he was leaving for family reasons it would've been easy enough to come out and tell us by now. I think we'd all accept that.

If he's leaving for more money he clearly thinks he's better than he is.

Shipped 1 goal on Wednesday, could've been 3. Not unusual for him.

Sorry but that's complete nonsense.

Why should he come out and tell us, has any player ever done that? Apart from someone retiring, I can't think of any player doing this.

If he leaves for better money it doesn't mean he thinks he better than he is. It means he's going somewhere that pays more money. It's really not that deep

He fcuked up for their goal. No doubt about it. He wasn't the only one in the lead up to the goal. Please supply with this evidence of all these goals he's shipped.

If he was leaving for family reasons it would've been easy enough to come out and tell us by now. I think we'd all accept that.

I agree with you his family had nowt to do with it he was always going to shaft us for more money somewhere,he forgot we gave him a platform when nobody else would, has been well paid for his services so he should trot on wherever he is headed.

Goldson's been good for us, we've been good for him.

We were a mess defensively before he arrived. In return, we gave him the platform to play for a club he'd never get near if he stayed in England.

He's clearly made his decision and owes us nothing. I wish him well. But he'll regret it before we do.
This is how I feel but it's still disappointing all the same.

This x100000

Hes been a decent signing and wish him all the best but hopefully replacement will be better

Meh!
He has been great for us excellent signing but if he is moving on good luck to him. But I really dont care where he is going to.
Neither do I want to hear from him if he is moving on.

Unfortunately ,when he's quoted in 20 yrs time,the only thing I'll probably remember him for is that inability to clear that cross on Wednesday.
Sad,but true

Sorry but that's complete nonsense.

Why should he come out and tell us, has any player ever done that? Apart from someone retiring, I can't think of any player doing this.

If he leaves for better money it doesn't mean he thinks he better than he is. It means he's going somewhere that pays more money. It's really not that deep

He fcuked up for their goal. No doubt about it. He wasn't the only one in the lead up to the goal. Please supply with this evidence of all these goals he's shipped.
Hibs, Celtic, Hamilton, Livingston, Moscow, Dortmund, Frankfurt. They're just the ones that spring to mind right away, and have led to goals. If I really wanted to look I'm sure I'd find more. And multiple more that luckily don't end up costing us goals, like the other 2 v Frankfurt. Goldson makes a huge number of mistakes, don't know how it can be denied?

Which was lost.

Where do we get a centre back that helps win a league and Scottish Cup and gets us to a Euro final whilst playing alongside multiple partners.

Which was lost.

We may not have got to the Final had it not been for him, and his block at the very end of the Leipzig game. He made a bad error the other night, but he has more than played his part in the rebuild of Rangers.

Unfortunately ,when he's quoted in 20 yrs time,the only thing I'll probably remember him for is that inability to clear that cross on Wednesday.
Sad,but true
That’s absolutely garbage btw

The guy scored 2 at the piggery to help us towards 55 and was an ever present in our side for 4 seasons. An absolute Rock

You can think what you must but he’s been an excellent signing for us and I wish him well

He’s leaving, ffs get over it. I would love him to stay. He was best 55 player. This notion that he owes us is bonkers. He served his time very well, not only will be struggle to replace him but he will struggle to replace rangers. WATP

The interview is coming… when we release the new contract signing news!

Or perhaps not. A leader in a team that have given us some of the greatest moments - and a few of the poorest.

Good luck to him. Terrific player for us.

I’d rather be said nothing and moved on , rather than give the support cliched soundbites .

He played every time we asked him and was a big part of 55 and Seville , he has come to the end of his contract and honoured it .

He’s entitled to move without giving an explanation .

However , when he runs out to his first home game with his new team he will realise he’s f.ucked it imo

Best of luck to him
Should have signed for one more year to give us a fee!

A good defender but let's be honest, not great and certainly not EPL level.

Good luck to him in his career and disappointing not to get a fee for him.

No player is bigger than the club and we should be avoiding these scenarios at all costs - I.e. sellable assets running down contracts.

Was far more upset when Cuellar left and even Boumsong, neither of whom really shone after they left and thought both were miles better than Goldson.

In Goldson's defence, I get why supporters are wary of him leaving. Look at what went before him.

We're in a much better position to try replace him.

A good defender but let's be honest, not great and certainly not EPL level.

Good luck to him in his career and disappointing not to get a fee for him.

No player is bigger than the club and we should be avoiding these scenarios at all costs - I.e. sellable assets running down contracts.

Was far more upset when Cuellar left and even Boumsong, neither of whom really shone after they left and thought both were miles better than Goldson.
Agree. At times he thought he was better than he was

The big man will put something up on Instagram in the next week or two thanking us and the club for the past 4 years as he moves on to pastures new.
He will be missed imo,keeping Soutar fit will soften the blow.

Make no mistake, he’s been an excellent signing and served us well.

I don’t take any offence that he’s not signing a new deal. As much I like him, he’s honoured his contract and done us proud. If he wants to see out his career with a payday in England where he’s closer to his family then fair enough. Folk need to remember…

He signed a contract
He honoured a contract
He never hid. He was in the squad whether it was a Europa league final or in a Scottish cup 4th round game V some League 2 cannon fodder.

I wish him all the best.

Nonsense , he is best centre half we have at the club , both the current manager and our previous manager thought so. Just look at how many games he has played over the last 4 years under these two.

Daft wee boys like you know are clueless when it comes to players , next you will be saying Tav is never a Rangers captain

That’s absolutely garbage btw

The guy scored 2 at the piggery to help us towards 55 and was an ever present in our side for 4 seasons. An absolute Rock

You can think what you must but he’s been an excellent signing for us and I wish him well
I don't disagree with his contribution,and I agree he's been an excellent signing ,a rock and of course I wish him well.
But a lot of players(good and bad) have a moment that they're remembered for through time,
And I'm sorry to say,that moments probably going to be etched on memory

Nonsense , he is best centre half we have at the club , both the current manager and our previous manager thought so. Just look at how many games he has played over the last 4 years under these two.

Daft wee boys like you know are clueless when it comes to players , next you will be saying Tav is never a Rangers captain
Want to show me where I said he isn't the best centre half we have?

I said I'm not fussed if he goes, which is my own opinion, and that he's prone to mistakes that cost us, which is a fact.

If he thinks he's better off elsewhere then fine. Thanks and cheerio.

He's been a very good professional and a good player. He deserves respect but he's got weaknesses he hasn't ironed out. I think souttar is far better if he stays fit. One with about Conor is his appearance record alone has been value for money.

It he leaves, he should go with the best wishes of all Bears.

He’s been an outstanding player and will always be welcome back at Ibrox.

He’s 29 years old. The next contract he signs will probably be the last really big of his career. If he decides he owes it to his family to pursue the most lucrative offer then nobody should grudge him that.

It’s a sad fact of life that the likes of Nottingham Forrest can make better offers than us, but unfortunately that’s the situation we are in.

Back