The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one player I really want to come is John Swift exactly the type of player we should be looking at. The dream signing would be Ben Bereton Diaz as he’s out contract but would be unlikely as think Sevilla will sign him. Jed Wallace would be another player I’d like to see.

BBD got a new contract, they activated the option to extend for a year

Huge summer ahead. Probably the biggest and most important in some time. I’m hoping for:

OUT

McGregor (Retired)
Goldson (EOC)
Katic (Sell)
Helander (Sell)
Simpson (Sell)
Barisic (Sell)
Aribo (Sell)
Davis (EOC)
Sakala (Sell)
Itten (Sell)

IN

GK x1 (2nd Choice)
CB x2
LB x1
CM x1
CAM x1
RW x1
ST x1

Huge summer ahead. Probably the biggest and most important in some time. I’m hoping for:

OUT

McGregor (Retired)
Goldson (EOC)
Katic (Sell)
Helander (Sell)
Simpson (Sell)
Barisic (Sell)
Aribo (Sell)
Davis (EOC)
Sakala (Sell)
Itten (Sell)

IN

GK x1 (2nd Choice)
CB x2
LB x1
CM x1
CAM x1
RW x1
ST x10

What formation are you planning on playing?

OUT

McGregor (Retired)
Goldson (EOC)
Katic (Sell)
Helander (Sell)
Simpson (Sell)
Barisic (Sell)
Aribo (Sell)
Davis (EOC)
Sakala (Sell)
Itten (Sell)

IN

GK x1 (2nd Choice)
CB x2
LB x1
CM x1
CAM x1
RW x1
ST x1
Can't see us bringing in 10 ST mate :))

I think people will be surprised just how different our starting/main 11 will be next season.
That’s what I’m excited about. The team needs freshened up. I reckon Tav Bassey Lundstram Kent Morelos will be 5 players guaranteed starts. 6 new players for the first 11 then another couple to update the squad.

That’s what I’m excited about. The team needs freshened up. I reckon Tav Bassey Lundstram Kent Morelos will be 5 players guaranteed starts. 6 new players for the first 11 then another couple to update the squad.
I'll bet they're not, majority but not all of them 5.

OUT

McGregor (Retired)
Goldson (EOC)
Katic (Sell)
Helander (Sell)
Simpson (Sell)
Barisic (Sell)
Aribo (Sell)
Davis (EOC)
Sakala (Sell)
Itten (Sell)

IN

GK x1 (2nd Choice)
CB x2
LB x1
CM x1
CAM x1
RW x1
ST x1

Who is buying these two?

Simpson has three years left on decent money and he was a Bournemouth reserve down south. We'll be lucky to have his wages covered on a loan deal. A truly awful signing and it's baffling that Gerrard was such a big fan of him.

Sakala has absolutely no first touch. There's times you can see the potential Spartak Moscow seen in him years ago, but for most of his time with us it's also obvious why he wasn't already playing at a decent sized club. It's fine saying "sell him," but that doesn't mean anyone is offering a good fee or matching the wages he's on with us. There's next to no chance he's sold in the summer. He's at an age where there's limited room for improvement, but just have to hope he can find his better form more consistently next season. Hopefully winning the Scottish Cup boosts his confidence.

I think people will be surprised just how different our starting/main 11 will be next season.
Will be an evolution, rather than revolution. From Gio in the press this weekend. Means we'll get some contract extensions, will be 2 or 3 big uns gone though unfortunately.

That would be a complete dereliction of duty and disgrace if Alfie left on a free. He either signs up soon or has to be sold and I doubt he is short of suitors.
Love Alfie to bit but we really need to be selling players rather than let them walk away sadly that may mean he goes for less than what he previously were offered

Love Alfie to bit but we really need to be selling players rather than let them walk away sadly that may mean he goes for less than what he previously were offered
Of course it will. He is in the last 12 months so his value will naturally decline but if he were to leave on a free next year it’d be a disgrace.

Who is buying these two?

Simpson has three years left on decent money and he was a Bournemouth reserve down south. We'll be lucky to have his wages covered on a loan deal. A truly awful signing and it's baffling that Gerrard was such a big fan of him.

Sakala has absolutely no first touch. There's times you can see the potential Spartak Moscow seen in him years ago, but for most of his time with us it's also obvious why he wasn't already playing at a decent sized club. It's fine saying "sell him," but that doesn't mean anyone is offering a good fee or matching the wages he's on with us. There's next to no chance he's sold in the summer. He's at an age where there's limited room for improvement, but just have to hope he can find his better form more consistently next season. Hopefully winning the Scottish Cup boosts his confidence.
Simpson is an English left footed centre half. They are in high demand because they are rare.
Championship clubs will be interested.

Simpson is an English left footed centre half. They are in high demand because they are rare.
Championship clubs will be interested.

Simpson is 25 and played less than 50 senior games, including sub appearances. He's not going to be in demand just because he's left footed. He struggled to get playing time at Bournemouth and has now fallen behind Calvin Bassey and Leon King in the pecking order. Championship clubs down south aren't oblivious to him not being very good.

It was madness signing him to just a long term contract. He's very much in the bracket of a player we might end up having to pay something to in order to get him off the books at some point. (Even if it's having to agree to make up the difference in his wages when he leaves.) Best we can hope for this summer is him going on loan to a League One/Two side and having a portion of his wages covered.

Or maybe Villa can buy him given Gerrard was infatuated with signing Simpson for a year or so before we actually did.

Number 1 for me next season i have every faith in him.
Hr came and took two fantastic crosses against Hearts. A breath of fresh air. He will make a few mistakes, but he really will stop far more chances than the few mistakes.

Hopefully sign Lewis Ferguson now especially way he is getting treated by Aberdeen fans after he supported us in Seville just to see their reaction
maybe not reason s but i think he could do a job for us
Would improve under Gio and his staff
1) No chance do I want to give them money
2) The Sheep won’t want to deal with us anyway and would quote daft prices
3) I think we should be aiming higher (and I think we will)
4) Just, naw

ah-shit-here-we-go-again-ah-shit.gif
First reply as always

First order of business should be to offer new deals to Kent and Morelos. Both will stay if we get CL, I’m certain of it. They thrive on European nights.

McGregor, Firth, Goldson, Balogun, Helander, Simpson, Katic, Davis, Ramsey, Aribo, Diallo, Itten out - it’s enough to be coping with without folk wanting to throw in Barisic and Kamara too.

New gk, Souttar, new cb, new cb, new cm, new winger, new am, new st (possibly 2).

Wouldn’t be adverse to a couple of loans if they’re of the level of Gilmour and Colwill.

Solbakken an obvious choice for winger, possibly Fransergio for cm, and guys like Umut Bozok and Mateo Cassierra seem like good and cheap options for up top. Would love Johnstone for goal, seen as he’s on a Bosman and close to the England frame.

Kamara to Brighton for 33m according to one of the Rangers pages on FB
So you didn't actually read the link. Brighton were looking at selling a player for £33m and using that money ti bring in Kamara AND 2 strikers. It didn't say they were wanting Kamara for that momey

I think the opposite mate. I think folk will be surprised in the fact that it wont look all that different. Maybe 2 players different. I think the majority will sign extensions and we will will start the season with a new CB in and a RW. Mclaughlin starting in the sticks. Basing it on nothing though.

For what its worth, id sell aribo for 10m. I know he scored in the europa final but he was poor otherwise and for me he hides too often in big games and doesn’t score enough. For 10m I think we could get 3 players that would have a more material impact on our starting 11 and deliver more than Joe.

First order of business should be to offer new deals to Kent and Morelos. Both will stay if we get CL, I’m certain of it. They thrive on European nights.

McGregor, Firth, Goldson, Balogun, Helander, Simpson, Katic, Davis, Ramsey, Aribo, Diallo, Itten out - it’s enough to be coping with without folk wanting to throw in Barisic and Kamara too.

New gk, Souttar, new cb, new cb, new cm, new winger, new am, new st (possibly 2).

Wouldn’t be adverse to a couple of loans if they’re of the level of Gilmour and Colwill.

Solbakken an obvious choice for winger, possibly Fransergio for cm, and guys like Umut Bozok and Mateo Cassierra seem like good and cheap options for up top. Would love Johnstone for goal, seen as he’s on a Bosman and close to the England frame.
Any player with a year left to go should extend or be sold before we even play our qualifiers.

Otherwise we have three weeks to essentially fire sale and replace before the window closes.

His passing in the 2nd half of this video is top notch (I know it's a YouTube montage). Good wee tune in the 1st half of it too B-)

Some of those save are giving me the fear. The amount he pushed straight down or just to the side was a lot. That bring said he does seem to have very good reactions and good passing.

At 24 he is still developing and won goalkeeper of the year after stepping up from the Bosnian league. He looks like he has the makings of a good keeper when certain issues are ironed out.

I wonder what the potential fee is? At a reasonable fee I'd be happy to take a chance.

If he's going to cost a bit I'd rather just keep McLaughlin as number 1 and spend the money elsewhere in the team.

Nope. No a great showing of his talent there.
YouTube clip I know, but too much coming back off him and not one cross claimed.
Not for me. Could be our Barkas.

I love debunking future signings on a once seen YouTube clip. :)
Just because a youtube clip doesn't show it doesn't mean he can't and won't do it obviously saves are better for a video in context

This was said about Wright not so long ago. You might be right, but can we really be sure?
Yes, yes we can.

He is not a Rangers player, we have much better quality in our youth team.

Blinded by his last name, he's pish.

Airbo is most definitely a player we brought in to develop and hopefully sell on at a profit, so the idea that we gave him a deal with £10m release clause is ridiculous, and anyone who sanctioned that should get their arse kicked.

What if it was a prerequisite to him signing?

without knowing all the facts it’s pointless to cast aspersions at anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back