The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is very true.

On the lack of goals, yes I think Kent should score more however his goal return is in part driven by his place in our system. He is often the one who drops deep & is part of our build up on the counter.

24 Goals / Assists is damned good, especially given your point.

For me, a true team player that I hope extends his deal with us.

Another point that makes Kent vital just now is that the mob across the city are absolutely petrified of him. Fans and players. Having a guy like that in the team is an incredible tool.
Their fans never shut up about how he's behind Abada and Jota in terms of numbers and Juranovic spent the season laughing in his face.

Absolutely petrified is a stretch and a half

Scoring goals wasn't our problem. We scored 16 goals between the first knockout round and the final in Europe. Losing (many) cheap goals is what cost us.
Scooting goals was definitely our issue. We didn’t out score the opposition. We had literally zero goal threat. The spread of goals last year was exactly why we won the league undefeated.

Assists are very misleading imo.
A player doing all the hard work,passing to a mate,who side foots it the
eventual goalscorer.and is not credited with an assist.
Thats the kind of story on Kent.Now,it is just too bad that they don’t have the second assist like they do in other sports.
That's a point I have made frequently about Kent.

It's not even the "seconds assist" it's how many moves he is heavily involved in that lead to goals/chances.

Scoring goals was our problem in the league for me.
The draws at home killed us not really lack of goals. We were up in every game we drew apart from the aberdeen game right after Walter died, still don’t think we made the correct choice in playing that game that night, no way under the same circumstances would Celtic have entertained playing such a big game 2 days after such a legend who had managed current players in their team. I know they played the title decider against United after burns died but that was only cause they supposedly were off on the invisible tour of Japan that never happened.

Another point that makes Kent vital just now is that the mob across the city are absolutely petrified of him. Fans and players. Having a guy like that in the team is an incredible tool.
Maybe the 55 season but his output v them this season was nowhere near what’s in been previously.

This is very true.

On the lack of goals, yes I think Kent should score more however his goal return is in part driven by his place in our system. He is often the one who drops deep & is part of our build up on the counter.
And the fact he's crap at shooting.

Even so, not sure we could go into the market and replace him.

The draws at home killed us not really lack of goals. We were up in every game we drew apart from the aberdeen game right after Walter died, still don’t think we made the correct choice in playing that game that night, no way under the same circumstances would Celtic have entertained playing such a big game 2 days after such a legend who had managed current players in their team. I know they played the title decider against United after burns died but that was only cause they supposedly were off on the invisible tour of Japan that never happened.
We lacked goals from wide areas and Aribo's form tailed off after the ACN.

We rely so heavily on Morelos and Tavernier it's unreal Roofe chips in but misses so many games.

To only have two players to get into double figures is appalling Tavernier got 9 in the league and he's our RB that tells you a lot we might create chances regularly but we don't put them away often enough and our forwards and attackers don't score enough.

Last edited:
People who judge Kent’s contribution to the team solely on his ‘numbers’ are doolally.
Utter nonsense. He plays in a position that has to return a high amount of goals and assists every season. His shooting this season has been woeful.

You can't even say he is not getting into the right positions to shoot, he can have 4 or 5 shots a game and never come close to scoring.

We can and should be able to replace him with far more goals.

100% he's got the lot tall physical has pace can time a tackle but importantly for us he's good on the ball an excellent progressive dribbler and passer
He was brilliant at Ibrox in the Malmo tie won everything in the air lot of Clubs linked over the last year but fits the bill for the type of defender we should target.

£3 million and throw in Helander as a sweetener ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back