The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
T
Okay, more whispers than rumours from someone NOT ITK but who does get the occasional info. Just read it and we will see what happens ...

Alfredo close to signing a 3 year extension.

Kent and Aribo have been offered new 4 year deals. Kent and his partner have just purchased a new house in Milingavie area.

Discussions to commence with Bassey on extending his current contract.

We are interested in bringing Billy Gilmour on loan and discussions have commenced as Gio wants business done early.
That’s a lot of whispers, who’s doing the whispering

I say it every single year. If his surname wasn’t Ferguson, the minority of our fans that already do want to sign him, wouldn’t. He’s absolutely nowhere near good enough to take us to the next level.
I don’t know why bears keep making this argument? He is 22 years old, just scored 16 goals from midfield for a shite Aberdeen team, has a few caps for Scotland and supports Rangers.

It doesn’t take a huge leap of to link him to Rangers regardless of his surname.

I suspect Aberdeen would ask for too much but he would be a decent squad player capable of getting the odd goal from midfield where we don’t carry much threat at the moment. Nothing more, nothing less.

Wonder if there will end up being anything in the Xavi Simons rumours from when Gio first came in.. can’t remember it ever being reliably shut down?

Started a few cup games at PSG and came off the bench the odd time in the league, but still hasn’t signed a new deal and it’s pretty unlikely he becomes a first team regular there.

Btw I love Kent and think he’s superb when he’s on his A game

But too often he hasn’t been domestically and his goal / assist return is very poor in that regard especially when you compare it to what Abada and Jota has provided for them domestically.
Thats what gets me his goal return is rotten compared to that lots wingers who score alot a big goals for them

Wonder if there will end up being anything in the Xavi Simons rumours from when Gio first came in.. can’t remember it ever being reliably shut down?

Started a few cup games at PSG and came off the bench the odd time in the league, but still hasn’t signed a new deal and it’s pretty unlikely he becomes a first team regular there.
Got a feeling that's off the table now with Raiola croaking it

Waste of money enough better options within our youth players Lowry & McCann. I cant see him in front of any of our current midfielders. Other positions need covered before midfield. Again only the Rangers connections making a case for signing him.
Agree if he was called Black, would he still be so popular.:)

We’re being linked with 16 year old Zak Lovelace from Millwall. No idea who he is or if he’s decent, but worth signing for the name alone.

Can't pretend to have watched him but he's the second youngest player to have featured for Millwall, and he's been around their first team from the age of 15. Definitely suggests he's a player with potential.

The fact that the noise around him in general has gone quiet makes me think he is likely to agree to stay at PSG.

£9m is not even 50% of what we will get!!

If there is no buy-out in his contract, he will be our biggest ever sale by some distance!!
What he’s worth and what we get for him,are poles apart.
At this stage in his caree,he is a good year in front of Patterson,and at least £10m. more in the transfer market imo.
Teriffic young player.

Can't pretend to have watched him but he's the second youngest player to have featured for Millwall, and he's been around their first team from the age of 15. Definitely suggests he's a player with potential.
Saw him for Millwall against Middlesbrough, Millwall fans around me rated him.
They are quite excited about him, and were hoping he would stay.
Was only on as a sub and didn’t do much to be honest.

Assists are very misleading imo.
A player doing all the hard work,passing to a mate,who side foots it the
eventual goalscorer.and is not credited with an assist.
Thats the kind of story on Kent.Now,it is just too bad that they don’t have the second assist like they do in other sports.
Excellent point, assists should be looked at carefully.

Bassey will most likely sign a new deal and leave this summer.

So he’ll sign a new deal and leave within a few months?

Is this straight from the horses mouth or is this the world according to TheMish?

He looks genuinely delighted to be here and I dont think he’s the type to walk out on the first offer.

Assists are very misleading imo.
A player doing all the hard work,passing to a mate,who side foots it the
eventual goalscorer.and is not credited with an assist.
Thats the kind of story on Kent.Now,it is just too bad that they don’t have the second assist like they do in other sports.

This is very true.

On the lack of goals, yes I think Kent should score more however his goal return is in part driven by his place in our system. He is often the one who drops deep & is part of our build up on the counter.

LF isn’t good enough for us. Even if we lost Kamara and Aribo this summer he still wouldn’t get a place infront of Lundstram, Jack and Hagi.

Any post mentioning him in this thread should result in a holiday. (After this one ofc).

You just know that he is going to be mentioned in every single page on here, when there’s never even been a hint of any interest in him.

Saw him for Millwall against Middlesbrough, Millwall fans around me rated him.
They are quite excited about him, and were hoping he would stay.
Was only on as a sub and didn’t do much to be honest.

Yeah, at that age it's a bit much to expect him to make an impact. I'd guess him getting minutes is more enticing him to stay and giving him an idea of what men's football is like.

We'll just have to wait and see what Mbappe thinks, I suppose

This is very true.

On the lack of goals, yes I think Kent should score more however his goal return is in part driven by his place in our system. He is often the one who drops deep & is part of our build up on the counter.
He also is a much more accurate shot on his left,when cutting in from the right.

He also is a much more accurate shot on his left,when cutting in from the right.
Maybe we start employing him in a more free or even winger role, rather than the left-sided attack role. 46 games, 3 goals and 20 assists are fine for a winger. Against the packed Scottish defenses we need more lethal people though. I`d play with at least two strikers and Kent as a winger / inside-left. And would have done that for years.

Double marked in Europe and triple marked in the SPFL. The man is excellent and would be a sore one to lose. If I had one criticism of his game, it would be that his finishing is terrible most of the time.

It's the others around him that need questioned. As you say his mere presence on a football pitch attracts 3 players' attention immediately. That's a lot of space being left vacant. Why aren't others doing more?

The Laudrup final was talked about recently again. One of the reasons he ran riot that day, other than him being so fucken good, of course, was Hearts decided to give most of their attention to Gazza. Laudrup filled his boots as did Durie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back