The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That makes no sense. Clubs have a budgeted number for signing a player that includes wages and transfer fees. Why not just get that money directly to themselves in the form of a signing on fee and better wages from the buying club?
It happens all the time.

The new contract, like the one being discussed, is done prior to the club listening to offers.

Any player going into the last 12 months of his deal who doesn't sign needs to be away before the end of the transfer window, no iffs or buts.

Rumours are Kent is signing a new deal, if he does then great. Time to move Alfie and Aribo on if we don't sign them on new deals.

I am actually a lot more comfortable than most when it comes to moving on the likes of Aribo and Morelos. These are guys who have been here for 4 years now, that's a long time at one club nowadays and they might feel they have achieved everything they possibly could with us, the only thing that could top 55 and reachin a Euro Final would be to actually go and win it next time.

We showed without Morelos in the later stages of Europe this season we are more than a one man team and can cope without him.

I would be happier losing Aribo and Morelos and getting Bassey on a new deal who has only played his first full proper season of sustained football with us and will be motivated to win more with us.

We need a few new faces in our starting 11 next season, it should have been done last summer and we are in danger of going stale.

GK/McLaughlin

Tav
Bassey
New
New

Lunny
New (Gilmour?)

New goalscoring #10 to replace Aribo

Kent
New
New

we'd be sitting on a treble of trophies with a fit Alfie
Very much doubt it. He was playing in 3 games we dropped big points post-Christmas. Against very poor sides too. We also navigated Braga and Leipzig without him, as well as Celtic and Hearts.

Well, Gent does what we do with our price assets. It just means that any suitors will have to pay (much) more.
If we were scouting him, it would have been with a price in mind commensurate with his 1 year remaining. As soon as he signed that contract, the price would've doubled or more - Rangers aren't just going to say "aye OK, we'll pay double or treble what we wanted to initially."

Added to that, if the "source" still thinks the player is in the last year of his contract, when he signed an extension 2 weeks ago, he really can't be very close to the negotiations, can he?

Aye we just kept giving him new deals and more money for sh*ts and giggles.
We did it to keep him for longer and raise his value, he did it for more money.

At no point did we sit down with him, arrange a new contract while he had twelve months remaining and then agree that we'd sell him within three months of it. No player would ever sign off on such a deal. There's nothing in it for them.

Morelos signed his contract extensions in September 2018 (after the window closed) and March 2019. There was no serious interest in him until well over a year after that, with Lille.
There was interest every year and we upped his contract to ensure we achieved appropriate value for him.

At no point did we sit down with him, arrange a new contract while he had twelve months remaining and then agree that we'd sell him within three months of it. No player would ever sign off on such a deal. There's nothing in it for them.
Other than more wages, new contract signing on fee, higher wages at new club and new club signing on fee.

Aye nothing at all in it for them

There was interest every year and we upped his contract to ensure we achieved appropriate value for him.
Which is a very different thing from what you are talking about, which is the idea that a player on an expiring deal would resign with his club so that they could get a transfer fee, and the player receives some as-yet ill-defined benefit.

Course there is.

We will slip Bassey a new deal and an 800k signing on fee for making us cash

Which is a very different thing from what you are talking about, which is the idea that a player on an expiring deal would resign with his club so that they could get a transfer fee, and the player receives some as-yet ill-defined benefit.
Ill defined benefit?

Will I repeat the whole "new contract signing on fee, higher wages etc" thing again for you?

Course there is.

If we are going to sell him in this window why not just sell him without the new deal and 800k signing on fee?

I don't think a team is going to say to us ''we're only giving you 5m for Bassey because he's on 6k a week but if you give him 30k a week and a new deal we will give you 25m for him.'' :D

If we are going to sell him in this window why not just sell him without the new deal and 800k signing on fee?

I don't think a team is going to say to us ''we're only giving you 5m for Bassey because he's on 6k a week but if you give him 30k a week and a new deal we will give you 25m for him.'' :D
Because the new deal for us ensures we can obtain appropriate value and provides protection from being undercut

Because it is part of the game TBH.

a player and his agent could pretty easily help drive a fee down

Course there is.

This is completely illogical.

Lets say a team like Arsenal come along and want to buy Bassey. They've £25m they're going to put towards the deal, on the basis of a £15m fee and 40 grand a week wages for five years.

Bassey knows this. The club know this. Arsenal know this.

So the club go to Bassey and say "We'll give you a contract extension for two years and bump your wages from £5k to £25k, this way Arsenal will have to pay more money for you".

Why does Bassey make that deal? It drives up the cost of acquiring him, no doubt - possibly as high as £20m. So Rangers benefit. But that money has to come from somewhere. And it comes from the money Arsenal are going to pay for his wages - and that's if they remain interested at all. Because if Bassey is now worth £20m, and Arsenal can now only offer similar wages to what he's on at Rangers, Bassey doesn't win out of that. There's also a high chance Arsenal decide to sack the whole deal off and look at one of the other defenders on their shortlist that costs a bit less, leaving Bassey stuck at Rangers earning a fraction of the wage he could have made.

There's no way in hell Bassey would ever do that, and that's why, you may have noticed, that kind of deal never happens.

The only way we would sign Ferguson is at the end of his contract. The premium Aberdeen would look to charge us would make any fee prohibitive.
Ferguson will know this , he will stay at Sheepie this year and then force Aberdeen to sell him on his last year or they lose him for nothing - that’s what I would do if I was desperate to play for my team

Because it is part of the game TBH.

a player and his agent could pretty easily help drive a fee down

We still got up to 16m for Patterson when he was on buttons for us.

I would agree with your scenario if we were asking Bassey to give us one more season but not if we were punting him in this window.

Lets say a team like Arsenal come along and want to buy Bassey. They've £25m they're going to put towards the deal, on the basis of a £15m fee and 40 grand a week wages for five years.

So the club go to Bassey and say "We'll give you a contract extension for two years and bump your wages from £5k to £25k, this way Arsenal will have to pay more money for you".

Why does Bassey make that deal? It drives up the cost of acquiring him, no doubt - possibly as high as £20m. So Rangers benefit. But that money has to come from somewhere. And it comes from the money Arsenal are going to pay for his wages - and that's if they remain interested at all. Because if Bassey is now worth £20m, and Arsenal can now only offer similar wages to what he's on at Rangers, Bassey doesn't win out of that. There's also a high chance Arsenal decide to sack the whole deal off and look at one of the other defenders on their shortlist that costs a bit less, leaving Bassey stuck at Rangers earning a fraction of the wage he could have made.

There's no way in hell Bassey would ever do that, and that's why, you may have noticed, that kind of deal never happens.

No danger a club is giving a player who is on a 6k a week deal 40k a week.

Because otherwise the club says no deal because they arent achieving value and both parties end up unhappy

Your example isn’t the best. If Arsenal came in today then of course he wouldn’t sign a new deal. However the deal is signed before anticipated interest. Not when the interest is known.

If somebody asked me in February, would you be happy to see Morelos away, I would tell them no chance.

Now I can finally see us without him and would be open to offers.

He offers so much to us than goals, but I’d just be happy with an all out striker that’s clinical with killer instinct.

Kamara, Aribo and Morelos we should cash in on now. We need to freshen up and with hindsight should’ve cashed in last year on a few players.

We still got up to 16m for Patterson when he was on buttons for us.

I would agree with your scenario if we were asking Bassey to give us one more season but not if we were punting him in this window.

I would expect Rangers looked after Patterson when that deal happened TBH, same likely happened when Hutton went to Spurs.

If somebody asked me in February, would you be happy to see Morelos away, I would tell them no chance.

He offers so much to us than goals, but I’d just be happy with an all out striker that’s clinical with killer instinct.

Kamara, Aribo and Morelos we should cash in on now. We need to freshen up and with hindsight should’ve cashed in last year on a few players.

No thanks, if Morelos is up for a new contract it should be the first thing we do this summer.

FFS. Transfer window not even open yet and I'm already getting pissed off with the wannabe ITKs talking crap on this thread.
Didn’t say we were signing him m, said we have an interest in him. Came from same guy who gave me info re itten so had no reason to doubt him. I ain’t a wannabe itk n I’ve never claimed to be

Assuming we'll look at the Dutch market, I wouldn't be surprised if we signed Thijs Dallinga.

21 year old Dutch striker with 35 goals and 9 assists in 41 appearances for Excelsior this season and going into the final year of his contract.

Excelsior have a play-off match against ADO Den Haag tonight. If they don't get promoted, I wouldn't imagine he'd cost much more than £1-2m.

Haven't seen him but it's the kind of rumour I'd like to see

Didn’t say we were signing him m, said we have an interest in him. Came from same guy who gave me info re itten so had no reason to doubt him. I ain’t a wannabe itk n I’ve never claimed to be
As I've mentioned previously on the thread mate, if your guy has incorrect information about how long the player is contracted for, I'm going to struggle to believe he's well informed about our transfer targets.

That record is seriously impressive, hope that's someone Vos and Gio are aware of
Apparently Excelsior are a satellite club of Feyenoord, so I would be amazed if they weren’t!

Until 2005, Excelsior was a satellite club of Feyenoord. As such, Feyenoord gave Excelsior money and players (either on loan or free transfer). In 2005, the link between the two clubs was severed. It was reinstated in 2009, resulting in the loan of several Feyenoord players to Excelsior for the 2009–10 season. Excelsior's home stadium is the Stadion Woudestein - for sponsorship reasons known as the Van Donge & De Roo Stadion - which has a capacity of about 4,500, one of the smallest stadiums hosting professional football in the Netherlands.

A new contract for Morelos should be a priority imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back