The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am actually a lot more comfortable than most when it comes to moving on the likes of Aribo and Morelos. These are guys who have been here for 4 years now, that's a long time at one club nowadays and they might feel they have achieved everything they possibly could with us, the only thing that could top 55 and reachin a Euro Final would be to actually go and win it next time.

This is something I feel is worth discussing, the idea that teams go stale or need refreshing every three or four years. I don't think it really stacks up with the evidence of football.

I know they're operating on a different sphere from us, but consider the Champions League finalists this season. Both those teams will start that game with players who have been with the club a long time. The Real Madrid team in particular will have numerous players who have been there for a decade or more.

Man City are consistently winning leagues and doing well in cups, and they've kept a good core of that team together now for a while.

The Chelsea team that eventually won the CL under Di Matteo, the one that Mourinho had helped build - they were together a good while and success followed. Man Utd under Ferguson, the continued strength of the Bayern Munich team which actually suffered more when they tried to make big changes - when you go further back and look at the top teams, they generally had the same core of players for a long time.

Now, I get that the game has changed big time since the 90s, and I also understand that it's much more difficult for us to keep good players around for a long time - the nature of our league, big money being available just down the road etc - but I don't agree that we need to see a refresh. Maybe some of our players will feel there's nothing left to achieve, but I doubt it given their attitude in the time with us. If all of Goldson, Aribo, Morelos and Kent turned round tomorrow and asked to be dealt in for another 4 years, I think that would be a good thing, personally.

I am aware it's beyond unlikely though!

Itten will go back to Switzerland to young boys of berne probably
Ferguson is worth 2 million to 3 million

He might yeah but in a recent interview with him where he said Gio told him he would have kept him around this season that to me suggests he will get another chance. Throw in his illness issues as well I suspect he will get another chance next season.

Here’s the Dutch kid Dallinga mentioned above

21 years old, playing in Dutch 2nd division

Looks a pretty calm finisher and a wee bit of a nack for being in the right place when the ball comes away on the rebound. Of course its Dutch 2nd division football and it wouldn't be like here where everyone is flying in to block shots and kick them off the ball but I'd be very surprised if he hasn't been mentioned by management to look out for. Makaay could be working wonders with someone like that who does have natural attributes with loads of potential to improve other parts of his game

Katic has been told he will be given a chance. McGregor has a new contract if he decides he wants it. We may need to pay off Simpson and no one will take a risk on Hellander. I think Sakala will be given a chance and I wouldn’t be shocked if Itten was given till Christmas too. If we let Kamara and Aribo go I don’t think there is any chance we are selling Barisic, especially if Davis also leaves. I think Gio will want at least 8 or 9 of the first team squad this year to be starters next.
I think and i hope we only lose Aribo, and i hope kent, Alfie and Calvin will extend

Assuming we'll look at the Dutch market, I wouldn't be surprised if we signed Thijs Dallinga.

21 year old Dutch striker with 35 goals and 9 assists in 41 appearances for Excelsior this season and going into the final year of his contract.

Excelsior have a play-off match against ADO Den Haag tonight. If they don't get promoted, I wouldn't imagine he'd cost much more than £1-2m.

An interesting read on him..

This is something I feel is worth discussing, the idea that teams go stale or need refreshing every three or four years. I don't think it really stacks up with the evidence of football.

I know they're operating on a different sphere from us, but consider the Champions League finalists this season. Both those teams will start that game with players who have been with the club a long time. The Real Madrid team in particular will have numerous players who have been there for a decade or more.

Man City are consistently winning leagues and doing well in cups, and they've kept a good core of that team together now for a while.

The Chelsea team that eventually won the CL under Di Matteo, the one that Mourinho had helped build - they were together a good while and success followed. Man Utd under Ferguson, the continued strength of the Bayern Munich team which actually suffered more when they tried to make big changes - when you go further back and look at the top teams, they generally had the same core of players for a long time.

Now, I get that the game has changed big time since the 90s, and I also understand that it's much more difficult for us to keep good players around for a long time - the nature of our league, big money being available just down the road etc - but I don't agree that we need to see a refresh. Maybe some of our players will feel there's nothing left to achieve, but I doubt it given their attitude in the time with us. If all of Goldson, Aribo, Morelos and Kent turned round tomorrow and asked to be dealt in for another 4 years, I think that would be a good thing, personally.

The difference is the monotony of Scottish football, where playing the same team 5 times per season is not uncommon. Added to this is the nature of the game, where we generally find ourselves against a packed defence week after week and it's about breaking them down.

It's clear our players enjoy Europe more than domestic football.

You're highlighting elite clubs with players at the height of their professions. The challenges and nature of their football is very different.

Some fans probably said the same about Jack Wright and Kamara

Ryan Jack for sure but anyone paying attention to Scottish football could see the potential in both Kamara and Wright. Wright has been on the radar since he turned pro, his career stalled slightly and then he turned it back around in his early 20s and showed he might just fulfil the promise he'd shown. That's where we came in for him.

Kamara is similar, came up the road to restart his career if you like after falling away in his late teens and began to fulfil early promise by the time we signed him and he actually exceeded those expectations. Particularly last season.

We did it to keep him for longer and raise his value, he did it for more money.

At no point did we sit down with him, arrange a new contract while he had twelve months remaining and then agree that we'd sell him within three months of it. No player would ever sign off on such a deal. There's nothing in it for them.

You can have arrangements and agreements with players and their agents, that if they extended then the club will agree to a release clause or that if a club or club(s) from a certain league come in for them then they need to negotiate and not simply just dismiss every incoming offer. It happens all the time. Requires a lot of trust among the club, the player and his entourage though.

The difference is the monotony of Scottish football, where playing the same team 5 times per season is not uncommon. Added to this is the nature of the game, where we generally find ourselves against a packed defence week after week and it's about breaking them down.

It's clear our players enjoy Europe more than domestic football.

You're highlighting elite clubs with players at the height of their professions. The challenges and nature of their football is very different.

Absolutely. I can see where Strider is coming from but it's an apples and oranges comparison.

You're spot on. Teams need refreshed with fresh hunger not major surgery every few years.

Baningime seems to be a little unlucky with injuries since signing for Hearts. His style of play means that the cruciate injury could have an effect on his agility and speed - need to see how he reacts that way.

I suspect many who like the look of him are lucky to have seen him play once or twice. He didn't impress in the games he played against us, which isn't necessarily an indication of anything but he wasn't the standout Kamara was at Dundee consistently.

I think hes one of those players who looks a good spl player but maybe is not quite good enough for us.

Personally always thought Kamara was different. His technical ability was there for everyone to see so it was certainly plausible to think he'd step up.

The midfield needs serious investment & tbh has been needing it for a couple of years. Still get a bit sad everytime I see Veerman's name popping up when checking the weekend scores. He's been excellent since his move & would have been ideal for our system.

Reactions: WBD
Only player in our team I genuinely believe we’d struggle to replace would be Tav.

Any other player leaves and I won’t be overly fussed tbh
That's an incredible comment about a side who came so near to winning a European trophy, and which has had good European form on a consistent basis. Presumably you wouldn't be as apathetic about who we replaced those players with.

Kent is irreplaceable right now. People will point to all sorts of statistics and so on, but in big games Kent time and again delivers. That one move from Kent can change a game, and replacing him would take some doing.

I agree, but I'm also increasingly of the view that he should never be allowed to take another shot on goal - his record is woeful (cancelled out by the fact that he can and does often make shit happen).

I know if he did have a better strike rate he'd not be at Rangers, but every time now he goes for goal you just know it's going to have been wasted. For me, that's should be top of Makaay's 'to do' list this pre-season...along with Sakala.

Kent is irreplaceable right now. People will point to all sorts of statistics and so on, but in big games Kent time and again delivers. That one move from Kent can change a game, and replacing him would take some doing.
What about the next Kent?

Nonsense.
How is it nonsense? Mbappe for PSG is irreplaceable. Kent for us we could replace, although within an unknown timescale. We have to get over this irreplaceable patter as we need to kick off the trading model. There will be a 10 goal a year winger out there, he might be as talented as Kent or as good on the ball, however those players are out there. They are available at prices only accessible to us if we sell Kent.

Nonsense.
The immature fear of losing players for the right money and not being able to replace them is the only nonsense thing here.

It ties into how some supporters will never mentally cope with the club modernising into a ‘buy low, sell high regularly’ organisation.

If we get say £18m-£20m for Kent and can’t replace him, then what the %^*& are we doing?

where do all the Lewis Ferguson fans see him play ?

He’s distinctly average v us and then which are their main televised games
Don't want us to sign him but so often people say he never plays well against us or them which is a flat out lie from people who don't know anything outside of Rangers.

Can think of more than 5 games against us and them in recent years he's scored in or played very well in, his problem is he's shite outside of that.

I agree and we cant afford to lose all our influential players in the same window

The immature fear of losing players for the right money and not being able to replace them is the only nonsense thing here.

It ties into how some supporters will never mentally cope with the club modernising into a ‘buy low, sell high regularly’ organisation.

If we get say £18m-£20m for Kent and can’t replace him, then what the %^*& are we doing?
Money/income is not only consideration when it comes to keeping or selling players. Are there teams in football with "irreplacable" players you imagine?

How is it nonsense? Mbappe for PSG is irreplaceable. Kent for us we could replace, although within an unknown timescale. We have to get over this irreplaceable patter as we need to kick off the trading model. There will be a 10 goal a year winger out there, he might be as talented as Kent or as good on the ball, however those players are out there. They are available at prices only accessible to us if we sell Kent.
This is not a convincing argument for persuading anyone that Kent, right now, is not irreplacable to this side. Noone easily replaces Kent on what he produced against Liepzig at Ibrox, nor away to Dortmund.

This is not a convincing argument for persuading anyone that Kent, right now, is not irreplacable to this side. Noone easily replaces Kent on what he produced against Liepzig at Ibrox, nor away to Dortmund.
Being difficult to replace isn't the same as being irreplaceable though.

Money/income is not only consideration when it comes to keeping or selling players. Are there teams in football with "irreplacable" players you imagine?
There are players you ideally wouldn’t want to lose, and Kent is one.

However, if the choice is sell him for £15m-£20m now and replace him with a chunk of that, or hang about and swoon over his mythical ‘irreplaceable’ status and lose him for free next year, then it’s a no brainer.

Being hard to replace and being ‘irreplaceable’ are wholly different.

If we cannot replace him adequately after getting in over £15m then - and I’ll repeat it - what the %^*& are we doing behind the scenes?

There are players you wouldn’t ideally want to lose, and Kent is one.

However, if the choice is sell him for £15m-£20m now and replace him with a chunk of that, or hang about and swoon over his mythical ‘irreplaceable’ status and lose him for free next year, then it’s a no brainer.

If we cannot replace him adequately after getting in over £15m then - and I’ll repeat it - what the %^*& are we doing behind the scenes?
Two different arguments there. I wouldn't suggest that Kent leaves for nothing in a couple of years, and in that case it would be a good idea for him to be sold. That doesn't mean that he has a readily made replacement 'out there' though.

I say it every single year. If his surname wasn’t Ferguson, the minority of our fans that already do want to sign him, wouldn’t. He’s absolutely nowhere near good enough to take us to the next level.

Two different arguments there. I wouldn't suggest that Kent leaves for nothing in a couple of years, and in that case it would be a good idea for him to be sold. That doesn't mean that he has a readily made replacement 'out there' though.
There may well be, but we won’t necessarily know about him.

There are so many variables to come into play when making such a sweeping statement.

There are players you ideally wouldn’t want to lose, and Kent is one.

For £15m replacing Kent should be very do-able, a new player in his position could achieve higher numbers than him, which would help a lot. I doubt we will find someone who can disrupt a defense like Kent does though, but more goals would certainly help. Would take a couple years of settling in and honing before his replacement has a similar presence of Kent though I think

That's an incredible comment about a side who came so near to winning a European trophy, and which has had good European form on a consistent basis. Presumably you wouldn't be as apathetic about who we replaced those players with.
It may seem an incredible comment.

But whilst reaching the final was an unbelievable and monumental achievement, I’m simply stating my opinion.

I think it’s fair to say that over the years this team has been together, it’s been largely inconsistent and has fell short too many times (I’m not including the final last week in this btw)

For me, all of our players have had large spells of inconsistency and IMO all are replaceable with the exception of Tav purely as it would cost an absolute fortune to replace the stats he brings to our team

Btw I love Kent and think he’s superb when he’s on his A game

But too often he hasn’t been domestically and his goal / assist return is very poor in that regard especially when you compare it to what Abada and Jota has provided for them domestically.

It may seem an incredible comment.

But whilst reaching the final was an unbelievable and monumental achievement, I’m simply stating my opinion.

I think it’s fair to say that over the years this team has been together, it’s been largely inconsistent and has fell short too many times (I’m not including the final last week in this btw)

For me, all of our players have had large spells of inconsistency and IMO all are replaceable with the exception of Tav purely as it would cost an absolute fortune to replace the stats he brings to our team
It's a fair point, put that way, even if I disagree with it. I agree about Tavernier, especially when he has been so creative on a consistent basis, but also think there are a few others who provide a platform for this side to be even better with one or two good additions.

Btw I love Kent and think he’s superb when he’s on his A game

But too often he hasn’t been domestically and his goal / assist return is very poor in that regard especially when you compare it to what Abada and Jota has provided for them domestically.
Kent has to add that aspect to his game, which is probably a broad consensus among the support; but as you suggest, the things he does well are superb.

Okay, more whispers than rumours from someone NOT ITK but who does get the occasional info. Just read it and we will see what happens ...

Alfredo close to signing a 3 year extension.

Kent and Aribo have been offered new 4 year deals. Kent and his partner have just purchased a new house in Milingavie area.

Discussions to commence with Bassey on extending his current contract.

We are interested in bringing Billy Gilmour on loan and discussions have commenced as Gio wants business done early.
That would make my week if that is true!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back