Mygers points being updated

Mine isn't there either. When will they make this process smooth and transparent, with a decent, functioning website? At least we all have a lovely wee metal card in our packs ;)
The 'angst' comes, primarily, from folk accessing their points/details whilst the update - which generally takes several days for some reason - is ongoing. In truth, the simple solution is to make that part of the website inaccessible whilst the update is ongoing.

3 seasons puts me closer to the top so I’m pretty well placed to give an objective response

People buying their first ST last season would be the real winners if it moves to 3 seasons, whilst the rest of us paid £500 odd for a TV link and didn’t take refunds we were entitled to off the club. That’s a bigger issue than 15000+ all getting points for ticking some boxes

Also, the people ticking those boxes committed to buying all home games regardless of the price or opposition, which in turn gave access to hampden games/away games. The club benefitted financially having around 25000/30000 on the home cccs
Not to me which is my point.

There was the same issue with the travel club that people joining had the same chance as everyone else to get to the top after 3 years if they went to more games than those initially above.

The club didn't benefit any more from CCCS compared to non CCCS that went to the same number of games. The club probably made more off those who went not on CCCS due to the extra pound each ticket. Those that didn't go didn't get mygers points for the game. If CCCS was such a great benefit to the club to deserve that many points then why didn't they keep it?

People who didn't take refunds got points for it so will still be better off than those who either did or didn't have a season ticket. There will always be winners and losers whatever system is picked but you can guarantee that it will always be what rakes in the money

I got my first season ticket in 1984 in the enclosure so it's not as if I'd benefit because I've only had a season ticket for 3 years.

Do you still get the 10% my gers discount and how do you get that? Also, do you get a point if you subscribe to the digital version of the match day programme through the match day programme app?
This is from the FAQ. Its out of date insofar as the RTV page no longer has a bit for you to add your Rangers Number in (perhaps that is now covered by the 'single login' process?) but it will give you an idea:

How can I redeem my 30 days free trial and 10% off an annual RTV standard subscription discount?

The details of how to obtain your 30 days free trial and subsequent discount will be contained within the welcome email you will receive from the Club. MyGers Members will receive this email within 24 hours of receiving their payment confirmation email.
If you have not received a copy of the Welcome E-mail, please e-mail the team at mygers@rangers.co.uk who will be happy to provide you with the discounted link.
Please note that to use the offer, MyGers Members must create an account with RTV. During registration, you will be asked to enter your Rangers Number.
This benefit is available to new RTV subscriptions only and cannot be applied to current subscriptions.

There was the same issue with the travel club that people joining had the same chance as everyone else to get to the top after 3 years if they went to more games than those initially above.

The club didn't benefit any more from CCCS compared to non CCCS that went to the same number of games. The club probably made more off those who went not on CCCS due to the extra pound each ticket. Those that didn't go didn't get mygers points for the game. If CCCS was such a great benefit to the club to deserve that many points then why didn't they keep it?

People who didn't take refunds got points for it so will still be better off than those who either did or didn't have a season ticket. There will always be winners and losers whatever system is picked but you can guarantee that it will always be what rakes in the money

I got my first season ticket in 1984 in the enclosure so it's not as if I'd benefit because I've only had a season ticket for 3 years.
There’s nothing in your post I disagree with on the face of it as I can understand the counter argument. For me though, 3 year period was initially muted before people knew the full impact that covid would have as no one expected a full season locked out of stadiums

I don’t think it’s fair that people would get points taken off them for 19/20 season considering we missed out on how many home matches we’d paid for? If it goes to 3 seasons, the points from not taking a refund would drop off and not everyone benefitted from them if they weren’t mid-high golf as realistically might not have met points thresholds for the euro aways

I think the simplest solution is make it 4 season rolling period until covid season drops off, that way everyone’s had a fair crack at it (obvious caveat, those in high gold that have access to European aways creates an anomaly but very one has same chance to buy add ons)

Sorry, missed this when I initially read it:

The club have kept cccs and it’s a pre-requisite to get into higher priority groups for hampden? Am I missing something here?

The club have kept CCCS but have no added a £40 a year fee to have access to away tickets/hampden tickets that used to be free through cccs but the club still makes their money through the home cccs

So they have kept it?

The club did benefit from CCCS as there are some who pick and choose what games they go to. Even later Euro games this season I had people round about me who weren’t the usual people.

The club did benefit from CCCS as there are some who pick and choose what games they go to. Even later Euro games this season I had people round about me who weren’t the usual people.
But not by any more than they did by those who bought the tickets separately since they would all have spent the same amount of money on tickets.

Yes they did get a guaranteed amount and tickets sold in advance but the same tickets would more or less have been sold regardless to get mygers points.

In your example the later European games pretty much sold out so the tickets would be sold anyway.

Sorry, missed this when I initially read it:

The club have kept cccs and it’s a pre-requisite to get into higher priority groups for hampden? Am I missing something here?

The club have kept CCCS but have no added a £40 a year fee to have access to away tickets/hampden tickets that used to be free through cccs but the club still makes their money through the home cccs

So they have kept it?
This goes against the mygers principle up to a point as CCCS get priority over mygers where you only have one or the other.

I think we both know that the whole set up is to squeeze every last penny which is why they are so keen for 3 years

Also, the people ticking those boxes committed to buying all home games regardless of the price or opposition, which in turn gave access to hampden games/away games. The club benefitted financially having around 25000/30000 on the home cccs
The 12k fans on home CCCS during Warburton 1st season were royalty shafted. There must’ve been about 8 home games that season, remember we were in the group stages of the League Cup that season too. The Semi Final of the Challange Cup against St Mirren, you’d be lucky if there were 20k there that day, a Saturday afternoon.

But that season was wiped out after a full season of not being able to apply and go to games. And that’s when the CCCS got popular as people were raging about not getting SC Semi and Final tickets. So those who pledges their money regardless in the one season in the lower leagues that Mygers covered, never seen any of that back in reflection

Just another bugbear of mines in this ‘loyalty scheme’

This goes against the mygers principle up to a point as CCCS get priority over mygers where you only have one or the other.

I think we both know that the whole set up is to squeeze every last penny which is why they are so keen for 3 years
I agree with that for sure

Going by points on here without add ons and if my memory is correct if points before hand, I’ll be on 1949 but it’s away now and means zero when it goes to 3 years really

Am I right in saying that those with euro away points will suffer the most if it drops to 3 years?
19/20 would be the first season if it drops to a rolling 3 year period, therefore people will lose Macedonia, Osijek, Maribor, Ufa, Moscow, Villarreal and Vienna. They’d also lose Luxembourg from 17/18 season

Therefore, old TC members could potentially lose 40 points from their totals. So if these people haven’t been buying add ons it’ll cut the gap. On the flip side, people who’d have done at least 50% of those games will be regulars at euro aways so will still do ok

19/20 would be the first season if it drops to a rolling 3 year period, therefore people will lose Macedonia, Osijek, Maribor, Ufa, Moscow, Villarreal and Vienna. They’d also lose Luxembourg from 17/18 season

Therefore, old TC members could potentially lose 40 points from their totals. So if these people haven’t been buying add ons it’ll cut the gap. On the flip side, people who’d have done at least 50% of those games will be regulars at euro aways so will still do ok
Wouldn't it also be 20 points each year for membership too?

Buzzing. Lose Denmark as well actually no?

Buzzing. Lose Denmark as well actually no?
No, that was 19/20 so that would be first season included in rolling 3 year period

Gibraltar, Luxembourg, Denmark, Warsaw, Porto, Feyenoord, Braga

Then it’s covid season 20/21

Then europa final season last season which starts at Brondby which was when it changed to 15 points

No, that was 19/20 so that would be first season included in rolling 3 year period

Gibraltar, Luxembourg, Denmark, Warsaw, Porto, Feyenoord, Braga

Then it’s covid season 20/21

Then europa final season last season which starts at Brondby which was when it changed to 15 points
Wooo I think haha. Don’t think it’s going to affect me too much also couldn’t care anymore as the club hardly care with replies if you email

But not by any more than they did by those who bought the tickets separately since they would all have spent the same amount of money on tickets.

Yes they did get a guaranteed amount and tickets sold in advance but the same tickets would more or less have been sold regardless to get mygers points.

In your example the later European games pretty much sold out so the tickets would be sold anyway.
I’m not disputing the fact the seats were sold but the guys who are actually buying tickets blindly regardless of the opposition are being rewarded. If someone was going anyway why not tick the box?

Read the start of the thread and thought will check points.
Went to rangers site on phone. Logged in successfully. Tickets tv etc. no sign of my gers. Gave up.
Googled my gers rangers. Seemed to find correct part of the site. Picked out every bus on pic. Went to log in again with same rangers number and password successfully used from one minute ago. Incorrect password. Gave up after a few minutes. Thought we were getting one log in for tickets tv mygers shop ?

I’m not disputing the fact the seats were sold but the guys who are actually buying tickets blindly regardless of the opposition are being rewarded. If someone was going anyway why not tick the box?
We usually take our young grandson to cup games where we could. There were no spare seats near my season ticket seat. That's why I didn't sign up to it.

We needed 3 seats together and it is easier to get them in the public sale as was or mygers sale now

We usually take our young grandson to cup games where we could. There were no spare seats near my season ticket seat. That's why I didn't sign up to it.

We needed 3 seats together and it is easier to get them in the public sale as was or mygers sale now
Fair doos. I done similar with friendlies to take my girls. To be honest I end up not going to most of them as I’m usually on holiday. Cost me gold at the beginning of last season. Was around 40 points shy which over the course of 5 years added up.

Being quite new to myGers and going to games in general, I’m not quite up to speed on the reasons for the controversy surrounding points. Would someone mind summing it up for me?

From what I can gather, it seems that the higher your points the more chance of you receiving hampden tickets and/or away game tickets. Is that the gist of it? Are there any other aspects that having a high points total has influence over?

Fair doos. I done similar with friendlies to take my girls. To be honest I end up not going to most of them as I’m usually on holiday. Cost me gold at the beginning of last season. Was around 40 points shy which over the course of 5 years added up.
There never seems to be a decent atmosphere at friendlies but we've done cup games and did the brondby game as it was in the school holidays and he definitely preferred them.

To save me reading through whole thread , had anyone else had both order history and my gets points disappear ? Thanks

5 points for home attendance and 5 points for sticking your seat on seat sub isn’t right IMO

If it’s loyalty, surely you should get more for attending a game rather than firing your ticket up for sale
At first I thought this too but the club can actually make more money out you not going so I think it’s fair to award the points, on balance.

Even if folk will say that further emphasises it’s a money making scheme. Yep, it does btw, I agree.

But think about it this way - if you sell your ST on to someone Rangers get nothing and you still get the 5 points but you didn’t actually go - is that fair? You didn’t go…

Separate debate but I do think seatsub is improving the atmosphere for league games with less empty seats.

5 points for home attendance and 5 points for sticking your seat on seat sub isn’t right IMO

If it’s loyalty, surely you should get more for attending a game rather than firing your ticket up for sale
I think it’s okay for those that use it occasionally, but those that use it every week bar the big games it’s wrong

I think it’s okay for those that use it occasionally, but those that use it every week bar the big games it’s wrong

Half season limit on getting the points at least isn’t the worst idea.

But the TO would have to have the admin system to cope with that.

And it discourages use of seatsub (back to the cash cow thing…)

I would love to see the distribution of attendance for ST holders. There must be some attend zero games and I bet the number who get to all 19 league games is not that many.

I’ve been a ST holder for close to 20 years I’m not sure I’ve ever made all league games always miss 2/3 for various reasons.

I would love to see the distribution of attendance for ST holders. There must be some attend zero games and I bet the number who get to all 19 league games is not that many.

I’ve been a ST holder for close to 20 years I’m not sure I’ve ever made all league games always miss 2/3 for various reasons.
I missed 2 last season, 1 for work and 1 with COVID. And that was with me working about 50%

I normally miss 3/4 a season, and annual leave is booked round the fixture list at times, particularly bigger games

IMO its right that seatsub is equivalent to attending, my old man doesn't get as much these days, so he doesn't use my ticket when I can't. It's easy enough to fire it back to the club and at least we both see some cash out it

Although, I also agree that a limit of maybe 7/8 games wouldn't be the worst idea in the world either

I'm new to MyGers this year, when buying the new top in the shop will you get points on your account for it, and if so how do you do that? Sorry if its a stupid question but cba looking through every bit of info.

Club make more money through seat sub if they re-sell the ticket, than they do if a ST holder attends

I'm new to MyGers this year, when buying the new top in the shop will you get points on your account for it, and if so how do you do that? Sorry if its a stupid question but cba looking through every bit of info.
You don’t get MyGers points for buying merchandise.

There will be many thousands of ST who go to every league game,each season.

There will be many thousands of ST who go to every league game,each season.
My season ticket has been used for every home game - either by me (or my mate when we had Covid and weren't allowed to go (Old firm game last year - Aug 2021!) vast majority around me are there every week so assuming those with mygers are the same i dont see the points distribution changing much.

Ps has it ever been confirmed its going to 3 years ?

My season ticket has been used for every home game - either by me (or my mate when we had Covid and weren't allowed to go (Old firm game last year - Aug 2021!) vast majority around me are there every week so assuming those with mygers are the same i dont see the points distribution changing much.

Ps has it ever been confirmed its going to 3 years ?
It was in the mygers terms and conditions for 22/23 season

There was then some debate around it and they seem to be partially backtracking to where we are now that they’re asking members for their opinion. I think decision will stand though

There was then some debate around it and they seem to be partially backtracking to where we are now that they’re asking members for their opinion. I think decision will stand though

Perfect, that was what i thought in my head - just wasn't sure if it was ever confirmed after the survey etc

They were asking for feedback on the change, not a hope are they moving it.

Was always intended to be three years.

Back