The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aribo was always likely to head to Palace this summer and Kamara to Brighton.
They are both London boys and there’s big money to be made for them now.
If the EPL had not been starting so early, I suspect we would’ve tried to hold onto both of them until when we knew whether we’re going to be in the UCL or not.
But as EPL squads will need to be shaped much earlier because of the World Cup in November, the big teams are now starting to do their deals.
I think that Kent will wait to see if we qualify for the UCL before making any decisions on his future.
The interest from Leeds might be too much for Rangers to turn down if the number is big enough. Given we paid £7m for Ryan, that is a contract we cannot afford to run down
I suspect we will want to hold on to Kent and Alfie until we know the outcomes of the UCL qualifiers.
If we managed to get through, we could offer them hefty contracts to stay and they maybe be tempted to do so.
Don't think the interest in Kent is a strong from Leeds since they changed Manager.

He might not be right now but if he doesn’t get games he will never develop to that level. We moan about not producing enough of our own players, but to do that we need to give them a chance. I would be happy for him to take Aribos place in the squad and use the money to strengthen other positions. As much as Aribo is a great player, when all our players were fit he wasn’t a starter in every game, so Lowry should be able to take his place.

Clearly the manager doesn't see Lowry as ready to replace Aribo and why would he?

A 25 year old with plenty of international, European and big domestic game experience, compared to a 18 year old who can't yet get in to Scottish under 21 side and hasn't been trusted in any meaningful game for Rangers yet.

Btw, I'm a big Lowry fan, but it's pretty obvious he's not ready to play week in week out at the level Aribo did.

In time though I think he may well.
He needs developed carefully though and that's what Gio seems to be doing with him.

For me, Morelos Kent and Aribo could and probably should go this summer. If unwilling to sign a new deal. Kamara could go next year but not overly against it if we could get a decent fee.

It’s time to let go and let the cycle start again.

The cycle generally starts at a lower level than the players we sell. People might have to consider expectations if we’re selling 4 of our main players, especially attacking ones.

Clearly the manager doesn't see Lowry as ready to replace Aribo and why would he?

A 25 year old with plenty of international, European and big domestic game experience, compared to a 18 year old who can't yet get in to Scottish under 21 side and hasn't been trusted in any meaningful game for Rangers yet.

Btw, I'm a big Lowry fan, but it's pretty obvious he's not ready to play week in week out at the level Aribo did.

He needs developed carefully though and that's what Gio seems to be doing with him.

Next season is not Lowry's year. He'll be in and out the team. If he makes 20/25 appearences then it'll do him and us good.

Get him ready for 2023/24.

The cycle generally starts at a lower level than the players we sell. People might have to consider expectations if we’re selling 4 of our main players, especially attacking ones.
That’s a good point we will not be replacing these players with players of a similar level we can only hope the sum of the team is better what is clear we will have a massive battle to win our title back

These guys have all came from smaller teams and had to learn the hard way and overcome what they were told was an unstoppable juggernaut. They did.

Not as if we were buying wall to wall winners either. Small trophy haul or not, this group of players have earned their moves.

These players have given us some of finest Rangers memories I can recall - indeed, arguably among the very best.

Nothing but good thoughts and best wishes for them.

Will be disappointed if Aribo leaves for £10 million, as I still think there was much more to come. Also surely questions need to be asked of Ross Wilson and the board as to the comment about being "relaxed" regarding the remainder of certain players contracts.

What would your questions be?

"Hi the board, why aren't you panicking like the hysterical lunatics on FF?"

I’m not totally against Kamara and Aribo going, as long as Lowry, McCann are used with Davis and Arfield and the money is used to bring extra players in and tie Alfie and Kent on better deals.

Come on mate!!!

Lowry isn't on the same planet yet as Aribo and Kamara.

Maybe in a couple of years, but certainly not just now.
These 2 guys have dominated some top European opposition, while Lowry hasn't even started a meaningful game yet for us.

He's still got a lot of developing to do before he's mentioned in the same breath as Kamara and Aribo.

Hagi is also recovering from major knee surgery and needs time.
Ohhh yeah I’m definitely not saying it’s a like for like, but I think with lundstram and Jack in there and Davis to fall back on we could bring Lowry on and Hagi as you said will need time but hopefully when he’s back up to speed he’ll be as good if not better (as sometimes happens)

Well that's a serious downgrade and a massive gamble.

A player who won't be fit enough to start pre season training, after a serious knee injury and an 18 year old, who the manager hasn't trusted with a single minute against any top opposition.

Gio trusts Arfield, but I don't see him starting in our strongest 11.
More likely an impact sub, or covering injuries and suspensions.
100% agree, not a chance we’re not replacing aribo. Go with hagi, Lowry and arfield and it’ll be a long season for us. Aribo needs replaced with a new cam given we don’t know when hagi will be fit and arfield should only be playing 15 or less games.

Really? Look across the city last season. Pains me to say it but they replaced there full team and won the league.

We are still stuck in the Gerrard mentality of we can’t lose anyone, or at least the fan base is.

Move on. The squads in dire need of a big refreshment.

See when Wilson said he was relaxed he was talking about Goldson
who had asked for all contract talks be left till the season was over he then got his offer and took less than a week to commit
we have no idea what talks what contract offers or what we have promised our players
we will never know until they sign or are sold
it is frustrating but it’s where we are

Will be disappointed if Aribo leaves for £10 million, as I still think there was much more to come. Also surely questions need to be asked of Ross Wilson and the board as to the comment about being "relaxed" regarding the remainder of certain players contracts.

In the last year of his contract he has a release clause for a set amount. If a club meets that, long rumoured to be around 10m, there are no questions to ask, it’s accepted. And can’t blame Wilson as the deal predates him

I love Aribo, one of those players on his game who are unplayable at times, flip side is he doesn’t impose himself enough at times

Always used to be of the opinion he didn’t believe himself how good he could be

If he does go then good luck to him

Will be a big miss for us
Gerrard was constantly saying the same.

but to me it is far more noticeable when Kent, Morelos and Aribo are out the side than Kamara.
You can't really compare that way though as it depends a lot on the quality of the backups and we have long had far better backups in centre mid than in the forward positions.

Next season is not Lowry's year. He'll be in and out the team. If he makes 20/25 appearences then it'll do him and us good.

Get him ready for 2023/24.
Nobody anticipated that Barry Ferguson would impact Advocaat's first season in quite the way he did, although, just like with Lowry, his potential was fully appreciated at the time. Lowry may well play a big part this season for all any of us know; just like Bassey as well proved last season.

That’s a good point we will not be replacing these players with players of a similar level we can only hope the sum of the team is better what is clear we will have a massive battle to win out title back
People always seem to gnaw their nails about how on earth we can afford to replace the likes of Morelos, Aribo, Kamara, etc, but these players have developed into £10m+ talents and that’s what we’ll look to do with their replacements.

We could buy a player for £3m to replace Morelos who then goes on to score 20+ goals for us next season quadrupling his value in the space of a year.

That’s certainly the idea and it’s one that, comparatively speaking at least, most clubs across the planet try to adhere to.

You can't really compare that way though as it depends a lot on the quality of the backups and we have long had far better backups in centre mid than in the forward positions.
I agree, but then that is even more reason to sell Kamara to fund the transfers rather than the others (as long as they sign a contract).

And win %^*& all. They’re both done we must improve the starting 11

Depends how good the replacements are, I guess bud.
If Kamara and Aribo leave, then they must be replaced with real quality.

Arfield and Davis proved at the end of the season they can still make big contributions in big games.

They turned the SC Semi for us and we'd our best spell in the Europa final when they both came on.

Neither should be regular 1st picks though.

Replacing 2 top internationalists with an untried 18 year old and a player who won't have fully recovered from major knee surgery is more than a massive gamble mate.

It's reckless and negligent.

I'm pretty sure our manager will see it the same way.
Who’s saying we won’t buy anyone to replace Aribo?
Let’s calm down until A. Aribo actually goes and b. we see what our squad incomings are.

We need to start understanding, it's unlikely we sell an asset and replace with the same quality or better. That is extremely difficult, when you bring in X amount of money and use 1/2X to replace.

Then when we do bring in 1/2X player, he then takes minutes away from Lowry.

Lowry to me looks like one of the better youngsters, we have had for some time, he has qualities that you can't coach but we need to find out what he has, taking minutes away from him imo, is a big error.

Grigo's, point on losing Aribo, a lot of positional flexibility and attributes, is a brilliant point. However, Aribo was such a unique player that is very hard to find and we can't stress out on it, he's in the last year of his contract, if we get a bid that outweighs keeping him for a year, then he goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back