The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly the manager doesn't see Lowry as ready to replace Aribo and why would he?

A 25 year old with plenty of international, European and big domestic game experience, compared to a 18 year old who can't yet get in to Scottish under 21 side and hasn't been trusted in any meaningful game for Rangers yet.

Btw, I'm a big Lowry fan, but it's pretty obvious he's not ready to play week in week out at the level Aribo did.

In time though I think he may well.
He needs developed carefully though and that's what Gio seems to be doing with him.

I think he will be awesome, but right now then absolutely no.

Gently does it.

Depends how good the replacements are, I guess bud.
If Kamara and Aribo leave, then they must be replaced with real quality.

Arfield and Davis proved at the end of the season they can still make big contributions in big games.

They turned the SC Semi for us and we'd our best spell in the Europa final when they both came on.

Neither should be regular 1st picks though.
How long we relying on them for now? They should’ve be phased out last season but yet here we are.

Look at it the other way. Lazy and uninterested which we have seen before. We don’t win the league and he leaves for free. Disaster.

Sell now and move on.

Never been a Morelos basher but it makes perfect sense for him to go now, will be missed.
Just so hard to replace, alongside Tav he is the only irreplaceable member of the XI when fit.

Either change our entire ethos or gamble on a like for like replacement (or two)

I personally can see us completely changing style this year anyway tbh.

The person I replied to said we wouldn't buy to replace them.
I don’t believe that will be the case mate. Although Gio might think Lowry is ready to step up and make a real impact this season. I guess that could be seen as a gamble, it could also end up being a masterstroke!

Just so hard to replace, alongside Tav he is the only irreplaceable member of the XI when fit.

Either change our entire ethos or gamble on a like for like replacement (or two)

I personally can see us completely changing style this year anyway tbh.
Just the way football works.

We haven’t been through a period of losing our best players as a fan base in a very very long time and it shows.

Aribo (25) > Hagi (23) > Lowry (19)

This should be the progression for every area of the squad.

Gio seems to like both Hagi and Lowry, so if Aribo goes I can see him playing Hagi as a 10 and maybe giving Lowry substitute appearances for him until Hagi goes and needs replaced.

Then rinse and repeat with someone else progressing.

This is how our model is supposed to work.

We need to start understanding, it's unlikely we sell an asset and replace with the same quality or better. That is extremely difficult, when you bring in X amount of money and use 1/2X to replace.

Then when we do bring in 1/2X player, he then takes minutes away from Lowry.

Lowry to me looks like one of the better youngsters, we have had for some time, he has qualities that you can't coach but we need to find out what he has, taking minutes away from him imo, is a big error.

Grigo's, point on losing Aribo, a lot of positional flexibility and attributes, is a brilliant point. However, Aribo was such a unique player that is very hard to find and we can't stress out on it, he's in the last year of his contract, if we get a bid that outweighs keeping him for a year, then he goes.

It isn't always about how much you spend though.
Kamara was cheaper than Dorrans, Alfredo cheaper than Hererra, for example.

It really depends on how successful our recruitment is and if we can unearth another couple of diamonds.

I agree that Lowry looks a great prospect, but we need to remember he's been a late developer and he's still got plenty development to come.
He'll be eased into our 1st team over the next couple of seasons.

Agreed on Aribo.

Gio seems to like both Hagi and Lowry, so if Aribo goes I can see him playing Hagi as a 10 and maybe giving Lowry substitute appearances for him until Hagi goes and needs replaced.

What do we do for the first half of the season when Hagi isn't available?

We haven’t been through a period of losing our best players as a fan base in a very very long time and it shows.
We havent had best players for a very very long time lol

Who was the last prize asset to be taken away? Lewis Macleod?

The wish to sell Kamara is absolute madness, it really is.

Aribo was always going this summer, his sale should allow us to upgrade the right-side of our attack.
This.

If Aribo goes, we still have Hagi, Lowry (we need to see what we have), Arfield, even Kent and Wright have been used in the 10 role.
Yes, Aribo will be a miss and we will be weaker, unless we are going to spend significant money on a direct replacement, it may not be much better, than what we have (no way of knowing).

Right side attacker is a must.

We tend to play two formations more than others 4-2-3-1, most coaches will tell you that the three behind the striker should all be interchangeable with good movement, so we need to identify and buy the correct player, that can play as Joe does wide and centrally.

Remember, we also utilise the 4-3-3, where their is no high central 10.

What do we do for the first half of the season when Hagi isn't available?
If aribo goes he must be replaced IMO, obviously easier said than done and will come down to where Gio sees as the areas that need strengthened the most.

Will be disappointed if Aribo leaves for £10 million, as I still think there was much more to come. Also surely questions need to be asked of Ross Wilson and the board as to the comment about being "relaxed" regarding the remainder of certain players contracts.
I know, should be sending out a message that we're shitting it and any offer for Morelos, Kent or Aribo will be accepted immediately!

Really? Look across the city last season. Pains me to say it but they replaced there full team and won the league.

We are still stuck in the Gerrard mentality of we can’t lose anyone, or at least the fan base is.

Move on. The squads in dire need of a big refreshment.

It’s not really, though. Evolution rather than revolution, little to do with a “Gerrard mentality”.

They were in a different situation and the difficulties showed in the beginning.

If we had actually found our form, they would have been talking about replacing their manager before Christmas.

Great post archimedes, explained better and more simply than my post.

Hagi moving from the right to the centre and us signing a right winger doesn’t seem to work for some people. Hagis best position is at no10 which is Aribos current spot.

People genuinely believe we would need a like for like replacement for Aribo.
We havent had best players for a very very long time lol

Who was the last prize asset to be taken away? Lewis Macleod?
Exactly and like I said, it shows massively.

I don’t believe that will be the case mate. Although Gio might think Lowry is ready to step up and make a real impact this season. I guess that could be seen as a gamble, it could also end up being a masterstroke!

He'll still contribute plenty this coming season, but it might often be as impact sub.

I don't see him as a regular starter yet.

Time will tell though.

It’s not really, though. Evolution rather than revolution, little to do with a “Gerrard mentality”.

They were in a different situation and the difficulties showed in the beginning.

If we had actually found our form, they would have been talking about replacing their manager before Christmas.
The moving of winter break was pivotal. Play those games when they were meant to and we win the league and they implode.

Yep.

Said it many times, we all seem to agree that good player trading is our only viable option going forward but you can just tell this place will absolutely lose its shit when we sell our first key player.

Not true. Given we’ve reportedly bid €1.8m already for Colak

Balogun & Itten are off the wage bill. We got a reasonable fee for Itten.

I think everyone would agree if we want to progress we need a few more players in certain positions that would go into the starting 11 immediately, or at least be on the cusp every week. No more squad players are required, we have plenty. Our starting 11 is fairly strong so it's not easy to find players who can do that without spending a reasonable fee.

We are not going to go out and spend 4-5m on a player without selling one of our main assets. I thought with our efforts in Europe last season we could do that if we wanted but it's becoming very obvious that we can't.

What would your questions be?

"Hi the board, why aren't you panicking like the hysterical lunatics on FF?"
"Hi Board, anyc hance we can sort these things out a wee bit in advance ?"

We seem to have an issue with getting our prized assets under contract in good time. The Connor Goldson situation a prime example.

Surely higher wage offer short term will be off set with the potential of an increased transfer fee due to players being under contract ? Hence why we are looking at £20m for Bassey rather than £10m.

I would be happy with Diallo coming back.

Need to remember he is only 19 and still learning the game.

There is improvement to come during which we would see inconsistency but undoubted talent.

I reckon he could get 12-15 goals from the right hand side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back