The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always felt it was inevitable Joe would go this window but it’ll be a tough one to take.

We really, really struggled to break teams down prior to his arrival and I don’t see us with the current options to fill the massive gap he’ll leave.

We better be reinvesting a fair whack into his replacement.

Love aribo, always have. But, im not convinced that for 10m (considering he is in his last year and wish lease for free) that we couldn’t get 2 £5m players, or 3 £3m players that would have a bigger impact on the team in terms of numbers. And, numbers win leagues.

Id be happier if he renewed but since he wont, I actually think we will win out this transaction

My view is that if a player is in the final year of his contract and won't sign an extension then they need to go, end of. We lost out badly all those years ago when it was Laudrup. The lesson for me at that time was that if they won't commit then their heart's not in it. Aribo has been a very good player for us but it is naybe time gor him to move in. Same thing goes fir Alfie, Kent and Kamara.

He's a very, very talented player.

Players need time to settle, let alone young players arriving mid-season. He's had that time to adapt and there was a very noticeable improvement in his workrate and adjustment to the speed of the game. I've no doubt he'd be excellent with a full season now.
That's probably spot on.

I'm in a minority here I guess as I think Ramsey would benefit from the same kind of deal.

Not even fishing. Just my opinion.

Struggling to understand the clamour for Diallo to return on loan again - a few nice touches here and there, but over the season contributed very little. It wasn't a success, why repeat it?
Very rarely does a player come in and settle immediately. How many times are we quick to judge?

Barisic - has the heart of a mouse was a favourite on here.

Lundstram - how many folk offering to drive him back to Sheffield.

Diallos confidence was shot to pieces because the manager made the wrong call.

He’s now had 6 months under his belt and I may be one of few, but I think he’d flourish if he came back for the season.

Chris Jack - we’ll get ‘around’ £20m for Aribo & Morelos. Good fucking god.
A lot of guess work in his article it has to be said.

Getting a bit tedious if it's not the Rangers Review charlatans then you have others taking goes at being the best ITK from a Rangers media perspective.

I'm convinced Aribo is off though think that's a certainty now probably find any deal is at an advanced stage.

Chris Jacks latest piece tonight

If Morelos leaves I'm expecting us to sign more than Colak. Selling Morelos & Aribo for £20m+ in the last year of their contracts to fund our rebuild is very similar to what they did with Edouard and Ajer last season.

Also no idea why so many people would be happy to take Diallo back for another season. Didn't do enough while he was here, and we've been needing to sign a permanent 1st choice RW for years. Get that Diallo talk in the bin.

Will be gutted if already Morelos and Aribo are away.

Think we all wanted to believe the small rumours that we would try to renew if we sold other players.

Plus side is we will not be shopping in B&M anymore, exciting times ahead once we start selling regularly.

My view is that if a player is in the final year of his contract and won't sign an extension then they need to go, end of. We lost out badly all those years ago when it was Laudrup. The lesson for me at that time was that if they won't commit then their heart's not in it. Aribo has been a very good player for us but it is naybe time gor him to move in. Same thing goes fir Alfie, Kent and Kamara.
Difference is, we had an offer from Chelsea for God. Do we have any yet for our players?

Kamara has 3 years left, I think.

That's probably spot on.

I'm in a minority here I guess as I think Ramsey would benefit from the same kind of deal.

Not even fishing. Just my opinion.
Our problem with Ramsey is that to keep him fit, you basically need to let his own doctors and fitness staff control his workload, and that may not correlate with the interests of the football team he's playing for.

He'll struggle wherever he goes now, whatever level he plays at, because he just doesn't have the body for the modern game.

It’s becoming a bit of a parody. And when I say that I do not blame any club partner. I blame the club.
But Rangers dont talk to the MSM. Instead they talk to their media partners like Chris Jack, H&H etc.

This is no different to Celtic dropping stories into the Sun or the Record - we just dont do it that way anymore

Isn't that about right though? 10 for Aribo (if the clause exists) and maybe 12 for Fredo in his last year.

I'd love a bit more but is that realistic?
The point is it shouldn’t have got to this point where they have a year left.

Say Gio gets 50% so £10m total - it’s not a lot.

If morelos and aribo left for the reported 20+ million, i wonder how much gio would get from that to strengthen the squad.

But Rangers dont talk to the MSM. Instead they talk to their media partners like Chris Jack, H&H etc.

This is no different to Celtic dropping stories into the Sun or the Record - we just dont do it that way anymore
The club put out updates every 20 minutes the now about rumours. It’s information overload and half of it is fluff. By all means drop them lines - but reduce it and just keep it to article.

Totally agree. Misunderstood your first post I thought you meant Jack was downplaying their values in his article.

It’s not a lot but it’s the realistic figure that has to be reinvested. There might be say £5m without a sale, £15m with sales. The profit needs to be used on infrastructure and pushing the club forward in many areas out with the playing squad.

Do we let Aribo and others go before CL Qualification?? Do they stay if we qualify?
Not sure anything is cut and dried yet.

He's a very, very talented player.

Players need time to settle, let alone young players arriving mid-season. He's had that time to adapt and there was a very noticeable improvement in his workrate and adjustment to the speed of the game. I've no doubt he'd be excellent with a full season now.

This. He’s had his settling in period. He seemed to fit in with the group well and grew into his place at the club without taking the huff at not being involved. Give him 12 months and I reckon he would be somewhere between excellent addition to the squad and potential superstar.

I’d be very happy if we got 12 more months from him.

Do we let Aribo and others go before CL Qualification?? Do they stay if we qualify?
Not sure anything is cut and dried yet.

If a player will only stay (or sign) if we qualify for CL then I'm not sure they're the player for us.

Unless what you mean is can we find the extra finance to offer improved terms with CL money.

Our problem with Ramsey is that to keep him fit, you basically need to let his own doctors and fitness staff control his workload, and that may not correlate with the interests of the football team he's playing for.

He'll struggle wherever he goes now, whatever level he plays at, because he just doesn't have the body for the modern game.
Not disagreeing with much other than he seems fit now. I don't know if he can sustain that but if he can, someone is going to get a very, very good player.

I just hope that Kent signs an extension, especially if we are going to lose a few other key players . There's no chance there won't be interest in him, especially after some of the performances in Europe last season. Not only that but what he offers overall would be very difficult to replace. Could maybe get someone that would compete with him numbers wise but not for overall quality.

Reactions: Jeb
Im more content with aribo leaving than morelos. Will still be gutted but the big man is the prime example of how our model should work.

It's funny how i have more faith in us finding the next joe aribo or similar than i do the next Morelos.

Struggling to understand the clamour for Diallo to return on loan again - a few nice touches here and there, but over the season contributed very little. It wasn't a success, why repeat it?
Precisely, struggled to make an impact in a SC Final we dominated. The difference when Right came on was marked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back