The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. Plenty of other teams in our league fired players into their first teams regularly at 18/19. Gerrard referring to McCrorie as a baby in playing terms used to get right on my nerves. Pele world cup final at 17 anyone? If they’re better than what else you have to offer, play them. Just manage them well.
Gerrard talked a good game about the youth but never implemented it.

Thats the attitude in this country , “ we need to be careful with him “ why hes not a wee boy , hes a very good player , in countries all over the world They play talented lads if they are good enough yet in scotland we seem to have this attitude oh hes not ready yet , let him develop more , just play the lad ffs
Correct. We continually play good European teams who are not afraid to play young players in European games. He is ready for, at least, SPFL games.

Last season's slow start had much more to do with the managers heart not being fully on it, the training camp being cancelled last minute and players returning back in drips and drabs due to international duty than it did new signings not being in place.

Pre-season was terrible last summer.
Was noticeable with Gerrard. He's not someone good at hiding his feelings.

When does training start? We need new signings in before hand or we are going to be in the same position as last year. Slow start and out of Champions League early doors.
Monday, but a number have extra time off. Main training starts in Portugal really

Explain this to me? Currently we have the exact same team as the one that came within a penalty of winning a European trophy? How exactly does that equate to "out of Europe early" next year?

Folk need to calm the hysteria. This team is arguably more capable of qualifying for the Champions League as currently constructed, than it would be after a bit of surgery. We are proven to be an outstanding European team. One bad result over 2 legs last season, is the clear outlier.
I think everyone will agree last years team needs strengthened.The Champions League is a higher standard than Uefa League. Therefore it would be a benefit to get new signings in before pre-season training starts. So everyone is starting from the same point. Obviously if we sell a couple of players replacements will come in at a later date. Hopefully they will be of a caliber that they are already with a club and in pre-season training & therefore not to far behind our fitness levels.

One of the important things of this window is the Tav, Hagi, Roofe and Bassey song stays in tact and that is looking like it might happen IMO.
Tavernier, Hagi, Connor Goldson Bassey …
Last season's slow start had much more to do with the managers heart not being fully on it, the training camp being cancelled last minute and players returning back in drips and drabs due to international duty than it did new signings not being in place.

Pre-season was terrible last summer.
yeah, had absolutely nothing to do with not improving on the squad either …

Gerrards heart clearly wasn’t in it after failure to back him

We can all argue about the finances etc but that’s the reality.

We need players in the door sharpish this window. That’s the bottom line and failure to do so is on the board / Wilson.

I suspect if Aribo goes we’ll see some movement

Explain this to me? Currently we have the exact same team as the one that came within a penalty of winning a European trophy? How exactly does that equate to "out of Europe early" next year?

Folk need to calm the hysteria. This team is arguably more capable of qualifying for the Champions League as currently constructed, than it would be after a bit of surgery. We are proven to be an outstanding European team. One bad result over 2 legs last season, is the clear outlier.
Asking the same near enough 11 to go to the well year after year can only be done for so long.

Worth pointing out after Manchester we were papped out by diddies just months later.

We need some additions

Don't think any of us would mate.

It's just been blown way out of proportion because a poster had the audacity to suggest his physical development will probably be considered by the management team in deciding when & how often he plays.

It really isn't an 'out there' opinion to have to most sensible people.

See i dont get all this if i said to you jason holt v lowry i know who i would be picking and i could go thru the rest of the spl. Young boy at motherwell cornelius v lowry. Lowry could comfortably play v 9/10 teams in the league. I said it last year and ill say it again we could put a youth pkayer at any position on the park in any single game against majority and you wouldnt know

Rather than scrolling every page. Anyone signed or signing yet?
*beep boop*
I AM AN AUTOBOT PROGRAMMED TO REPLY BASED ON PREVIOUS POSTS TO THIS THREAD
*beep boop*

Eh no

What do you think I am? Your messenger boy?

You need to get a grip and start having better expectations

Ross out and we need an overhaul

Europa League gave us £100m and everyone wants to join us

We need to sign Ferguson from Aberdeen or we will regret it

No Loans

And here you post to ask for an update?

Are you a real Rangers fan?!

They managed to sell their players for loads so should we

I don't think gio and Ross get on

That ITK poster was ahead of everyone for the Ramsay scoop - file under p*sh

So enough with you asking for updates!!!

*beep boop*

Hopefully true, but this article is largely mince.

Referring to a guy like Colak as a “journeyman” is daft. He’s a quality striker that is clearly a later-bloomer and used loans to develop. Since 2018 he’s scored bags of goals consistently, aside from his spell at PAOK. He’s hardly some jobber that nobody wants to retain.
The way people use the term journeyman really annoys me. People will see 10 clubs and call them a journeyman but ignore the fact more than half of them were loan spells as a younger player, it makes no sense.

Correct. We continually play good European teams who are not afraid to play young players in European games. He is ready for, at least, SPFL games.
This he's not quite ready stuff also rips my knitting.
As I've said before, Scotland is a country where you're still a young boy needing bedded in, in your 20's. Look at Wayne Rooney, Pedri, ratface Tierney and others. Good enough, play them.
Before i'm jumped on, I'm not comparing wee Lowry to Pedri and Rooney. But the easing in patter isn't for me.

Davis, McGregor and Arfield are all a year older, Ramsay, Diallo, Balogun and Itten have left.

Morelos, Kent and Aribo are all in their last year of their contract and likely moving, so will either not be here by the time the qualifiers start or are unlikely to be busting a gut and risking an injury when they're expecting to move.

It's also unclear where Morelos stands in terms of his injury and when he will be back and Hagi is out until at least October.

Some people are panicking too much I agree, but we are clearly weaker now than we were a few months ago.

See i dont get all this if i said to you jason holt v lowry i know who i would be picking and i could go thru the rest of the spl. Young boy at motherwell cornelius v lowry. Lowry could comfortably play v 9/10 teams in the league. I said it last year and ill say it again we could put a youth pkayer at any position on the park in any single game against majority and you wouldnt know
I’m not saying he doesn’t have the ability mate. Of course he does.

All the poster was suggesting, which I don’t think is anywhere near as unreasonable as some seem to, is that it might not be wise to play him game after game after game, or to expect him to be able to do so, and that due to him still developing physically that keeping an eye on that would be sensible.

It’s not really as controversial as is being made out.

Protecting and managing a player's fitness and recovery is incredibly important to how well they can apply themselves. This applies to impact on games, as well as development.

Regardless of whether it's Lowry, Morelos or Bassey they all need carefully managed to get the best of of them, and they could all have very different needs on how they are managed. Not managing Morelos well, and giving him too many minutes after the winter break, probably led to his injury. Whereas Bassey was managed well to fast track his development, and was probably capable of playing 120 minutes three times a week.
Lowry is unknown, so I think the difference of opinion comes from those desperate to see him progress as quickly and as best possible. Whether this is play constantly like Bassey, or develop carefully like Foden, I don't think any of us know the answer.

I don't see the need to argue over the unknown of what's best for this individual, without any of us actually knowing.

I'll trust the management and medical team on this decision. No doubt they will have the best interests of the club's success with this decision, any they won't want to risk the development of a promising asset.

Harry Winks being linked on Twitter.

Obviously BS, obviously untrustworthy sources, but seems to fit in with the thread...

One of those very basic 'keep it simple' midfielders that loves a 5 yard sideways pass.

The numbers around him (£15-20m) purely for being English and in the Premier League are mental.

Thats the attitude in this country , “ we need to be careful with him “ why hes not a wee boy , hes a very good player , in countries all over the world They play talented lads if they are good enough yet in scotland we seem to have this attitude oh hes not ready yet , let him develop more , just play the lad ffs

There's a mindset in this country too, that if young players haven't "made it" by 20, they've flopped and aren't good enough.

Yet anywhere else in the world, you're still considered a youngster until the age of 23.

Most players are coming into their golden years at 26/27 and then playing at their peak until their early 30s

The lad will get games and will develop, but this whole taking time approach being overly careful, nah.

If you're good, play.
If not, few more years to develop and see where you're at.

If it's not worked out, bye.

What does that even mean? Youve lost me here, pal.

Have a can of juice, mate,
giphy.gif

*beep boop*
I AM AN AUTOBOT PROGRAMMED TO REPLY BASED ON PREVIOUS POSTS TO THIS THREAD
*beep boop*

Eh no

What do you think I am? Your messenger boy?

You need to get a grip and start having better expectations

Ross out and we need an overhaul

Europa League gave us £100m and everyone wants to join us

We need to sign Ferguson from Aberdeen or we will regret it

No Loans

And here you post to ask for an update?

Are you a real Rangers fan?!

They managed to sell their players for loads so should we

I don't think gio and Ross get on

That ITK poster was ahead of everyone for the Ramsay scoop - file under p*sh

So enough with you asking for updates!!!

*beep boop*
Beep boop

But didn't everyone jump on @5cotland and quick to say he was talking mince and had lifted the suggestion from this thread and passed it off as ITK?

I guess a French paper had done similar.... :)

FF at it's finest. It wants rumours but soon as someone gives a rumour or bit of Info there shot down.
The French paper have said the athletic are claiming it but I haven't seen the athletic mention it once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back