Mygers points being updated

How can it not go up?

There were more points available in 21/22 than there was in 16/17. Therefore, some people will have lost less points than they gained last season

For reference, before this points update I had 50 from the period points were accrued. Now 16/17 has dropped off, my starting point is 50 points higher than what it was after Hearts game
Remember though that the tier levels in April would be for 5 years and 3/4 worth of last season.

Surely looking at last years starting position (I can’t remember what it was) then adding say those 50 points would be a decent estimate of what gold would be?

What you thinking it be ? And let’s see how close you get to it.

I think a lot of high silver will have caught up or got closer due to all the extras. So do expect it to be higher

Ah, you might have a point. Can’t remember what I had in July 21. I still don’t think I should have dropped 195 points based on season 16/17 being no longer accountable though. The world of MyGers is daily roller coaster.
120 season ticket
50 CCS
50 Domestic away
20 Travel club

If you had those ticked then you would be dropping 240 before anything else

Your new points total and the new points tier requirements will be issued in July.
I started last season on 1495 points in July
I am now on 1567 points after latest update.

Over the season I have actually gained 72 points after season 2016/17 dropped off.

What many including myself were doing is counting between updates rather than looking over the season as a whole
I dropped 75 points between April update of 1642 points and this latest update 1567 points
But over the season actually went up by 72 points.

How can it not go up?

There were more points available in 21/22 than there was in 16/17. Therefore, some people will have lost less points than they gained last season

For reference, before this points update I had 50 from the period points were accrued. Now 16/17 has dropped off, my starting point is 50 points higher than what it was after Hearts game
I think it will go down because these thresholds are based on points in April.

But in April 2023 the thresholds will be higher than they were in April 2022.

My guess would be gold at about 1500 and above for now, and come April next year that will increase to about 1720 and above.

Remember though that the tier levels in April would be for 5 years and 3/4 worth of last season.

Surely looking at last years starting position (I can’t remember what it was) then adding say those 50 points would be a decent estimate of what gold would be?

What you thinking it be ? And let’s see how close you get to it.

I think a lot of high silver will have caught up or got closer due to all the extras. So do expect it to be higher
In July last year entry level to gold was set at 1501 points - I was 5 points short of this but Brighton and Real Madrid friendlies got added in before they closed the tier which got me into gold.

My guess would be gold at about 1500 and above for now, and come April next year that will increase to about 1720 and above.
I agree that the thresholds will be lower in July than they were in April, but definitely higher than they were in July 2021.

But Gold will be considerably higher than 1500 IMO.

I’m thinking about 1550 onwards for good, perhaps even 1600 starting position
In July last year entry level to gold was set at 1501 points - I was 5 points short of this but Brighton and Real Madrid friendlies got added in before they closed the tier which got me into gold.

Keeping myself right here - so the 'measurement period' for this season will now be the following correct?

3 seasons - 2019/20 to present
5 seasons (on the assumption they might backtrack on shortening it) - 2017/18 to present

So the points dropping off for folk now should be 2016/17 as it doesn't look like they've done the 3 year switch yet?

I've dropped 85 points to 1553 :(

In theory gold to silver, but, I wonder what the new tiers will be like?

Keeping myself right here - so the 'measurement period' for this season will now be the following correct?

3 seasons - 2019/20 to present
5 seasons (on the assumption they might backtrack on shortening it) - 2017/18 to present

So the points dropping off for folk now should be 2016/17 as it doesn't look like they've done the 3 year switch yet?
Tally your points based on 2019/20 as it is moving to thee years, they are just working through the reductions

I agree that the thresholds will be lower in July than they were in April, but definitely higher than they were in July 2021.

But Gold will be considerably higher than 1500 IMO.
Entry point set for gold July 2021was 1501 points

Current entry point set for gold in April 2022 is 1616 points

Entry point for July 2022 still to be set.

I can see the next entry point being dropped to around 1550 points if everything remains as it is at the moment.

Got you, thanks mate.

Think I'll set up a spreadsheet as I am that tragic.

:D
If you look up the poster RFC Eurobus and look at the threads he has started he did a post for it.
Here's the relevant thread. A very good piece of work:

I've dropped 85 points to 1553 :(

In theory gold to silver, but, I wonder what the new tiers will be like?
Is your points drop off over the full season or just from April’s update?
I dropped points from April but gained points from start of last season

Here's the relevant thread. A very good piece of work:

Thats the one, too of Gold will be around 1370 based on that.

If you travelled a lot to europe in 19/20 season but not much last season then you will likely need to travel a fair amount in the season coming up to stay in gold for 23/24.

Is your points drop off over the full season or just from April’s update?
I dropped points from April but gained points from start of last season
Its just from the April one. I've not got the email from the start of the season but I was 1567 in the January update.

He never said take the full website down did he?

Think he meant remove the MyGers section until the club update us.
Is that not exactly what they did? Take the points part of the site down, until they'd finished the updates, now it's appeared again today.

Problem, as there always is, is that these points updates always occur right in the middle of away ticket ballots or match ticket sales i.e. Blackpool away, so people are left not knowing where they stand.

If the points update was due mid-July, I've no idea why they have updated the points almost a month early, right in the middle of when the Blackpool ticket went on sale. In this instance though, the tiers not being adjusted yet hasn't caused any major issues, with Blackpool just being points top-down.

Communication / collaboration between departments in the club doesn't seem the best though. Ticket office putting tickets on sale, mygers moving points around at the same time. Little bit of joined up thinking would go a long way.

Is that not exactly what they did? Take the points part of the site down, until they'd finished the updates, now it's appeared again today.

They did. However, my suggestion was that access to part of the website be removed until the whole shebang is finished, ie. points update for last season, removal of any previous season(s), new tier bandings and then make it available again once its all done. Not piecemeal as it appears to be. Its up and down like a whore's drawers.

As you say, communication poor. Timing poor. Plus the fact the whole thing seems to take just too many days to implement.

Last edited:

With a season removed, I’m on 1880+. Maximum will be 1925ish

Its just from the April one. I've not got the email from the start of the season but I was 1567 in the January update.
Looks like you were in silver at start of season as 1501 points last July was gold tier entry point - in January update I was on 1597 points and gold points entry was set at 1571,

This gold threshold in January still had you in silver as you were 4 points off threshold of 1571

Last edited:
still not confirmed if it’s 3 or 5 seasons so more points could go down further

Gut feeling, if it stays at 5 seasons with current totals showing, the threshold might go up ever so slightly but needs noted that the 50 points difference includes euro aways so a small % of members will have went to them

I’d say gold would probs be around 1630 to ensure the number in gold is capped as per the rules
1630? Last season gold started at 1501.

I had points every eligible home game last season. Two Euro aways + a £700 day trip that you are getting no points from. 8 aways games and RTV still to be added and you want me to start this season further from gold than I started last year?

The April update showed that less than 3000 were in Gold out of 40 odd thousand members is that not a fair reflection?

1812 + 15 pointless aways that everyone seems to be getting.

Now on 1562.

Anyone able to give an educated guess as to what the tier points thresholds will be?

Or we at the mercy of the ticket office making it up as we change to 3 years?

Back