The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except half of this team is out of contract in a years time, selling one or two of them will put us in a much better position
The key is getting them to renew that’s what will define this window

You don’t tinker too much with a squad that reaches an elite European final.

You supplement it with 2 perhaps 3 signings.

Would take Ahmedhozic but doubt we will spend 4m on a CB right now

Hagi is not a right winger its been tested and simply not worked. Hope that Gio has no plans to play him out there next season

Need better than Diallo too. A proper RW that can give us numbers and balance

I believe Ahmedhodzic had a €4.5 million buy option at bordeaux. But due to their financial issues, they couldn't complete it. So that was around £3.8 million.

Helander is an ex malmo player and has already stated he wants to return to Malmo before the end of his career.

I'm not say this would work but offering them Helander as part of the deal and getting the fee down, would solve a few problems. Stops us having so many injury prone Cbs, gets us a highly rated CB at a decent price, gives Malmo a big CB signing and allows Helander to see out his career in a less physical league.

I mean that's all pipedream stuff.

In saying that I don't see us signing a CB unless Helander leaves. We have Goldson, Souttar, Helander, King. We then have Sands, Lundstrom and Bassey who can fill in at CB. Then there's Simpson and Katic to be moved on aswell.

No we aren't we've not even started pre-season yet. We aren't going into this one with key players involved in internationals all coming back at different times due to Euros/Copa America. We've got a camp organised this time as well something that was cancelled last season and we won't be going into qualifiers with 3 key players suspended (from the previous season) or in a quarantine hotel as well as Roofe being suspended.

Malmo we had no excuses at home played 10 men for 50 minutes and lost the game that was on Gerrard. Alashkert was garbage but given we had a COVID outbreak before the 2nd leg then it could have been a whole load worse.

Dread to think what this place is going to be like next weekend after we play Thistle.
We had one.
Which very rarely gets talked about.

They were 10 games into their season.
We hadn't or barely... kicked off ours.

This is a massive advantage to any side.

Another guy I like, and I think we were rumoured to be after him last season, is Joseph Okumu mate.

He’s at Gent now, 25yo, but might cost 4-5m ?
Great shout. Bringing in someone like Okumu or Ahmedhozic for a little more than what we will bring in by selling Simpson, Katic and Helander would be a total no brainer.

Starting the season with Goldson, Ahmedhozic/okumu, Souttar and King as your 4 would be fantastic.

Imagine a defence with McLaughlin, Tavernier, Goldson, Okumu and Bassey? Wow. Talk about impenetrable.

He would be a bit of a gamble. But at same time you do have to take them now and again.
It's probably a higher level even though it is open than Morelos was doing it at in Finland.
As I’ve said elsewhere, this is a sort of signing I was expecting from Vos’s knowledge.
I have a little doubt he knows the player from some sort of past experience and the player will know him.

I agree but I think the key additions are more quality at right wing, more drive and energy from midfield and a good back up striker (or two, if Roofe is moved on).
Spot on. Those are the key three additions needed. Then replacing any key player who may leave.

In terms of the midfielder I want someone who doesn't let the magnitude of a game get to them. Someone who is brave and always looks for a pass, and making runs into goalscoring positions. I've seen some of our current team become too safe and play within themselves when the stakes are high. We need a midfield leader who gives everyone confidence and sets the standard (dare I say a Souness/Ferguson type).

If he stays fit I'm pretty confident he'll be quality.

That "if" is something we've said a lot with players before though and quite often it doesn't end well.
If we can get 40/45 starts a season out of Souttar, I'd be pretty happy.

We play 60-70 games a season. The only problem is Helander as the main back up. As great as Helander is, you just know like Roofe last season. That as soon as our main CB gets injured 3-5 games later Helander will go down.

I believe Ahmedhodzic had a €4.5 million buy option at bordeaux. But due to their financial issues, they couldn't complete it. So that was around £3.8 million.

Helander is an ex malmo player and has already stated he wants to return to Malmo before the end of his career.

I'm not say this would work but offering them Helander as part of the deal and getting the fee down, would solve a few problems. Stops us having so many injury prone Cbs, gets us a highly rated CB at a decent price, gives Malmo a big CB signing and allows Helander to see out his career in a less physical league.

I mean that's all pipedream stuff.

In saying that I don't see us signing a CB unless Helander leaves. We have Goldson, Souttar, Helander, King. We then have Sands, Lundstrom and Bassey who can fill in at CB. Then there's Simpson and Katic to be moved on aswell.
Malmö couldn't afford his wages, and he ain't heading there at 29.

Great shout. Bringing in someone like Okumu or Ahmedhozic for a little more than what we will bring in by selling Simpson, Katic and Helander would be a total no brainer.

Starting the season with Goldson, Ahmedhozic/okumu, Souttar and King as your 4 would be fantastic.

Imagine a defence with McLaughlin, Tavernier, Goldson, Okumu and Bassey? Wow. Talk about impenetrable.

Have to say, that’s an impressive defence mate !!!

Nobody is buying Helander if he's still in a 'moon boot' and probably not until he has double-digit games under his belt. I wonder if he's even fit to start training soon. Nobody is buying Simpson because he's not very good. There's probably a deal to be done on Katic but we will have to reduce our asking price. We won't be getting £4m for those three, not this window.

I agree with you PMB, I’m just not confident on the midfielder without someone going out.
With Davis, Arfield and Jack with one year remaining on their contract, and Sands loan coming to an end, I think we could justify that for one season if the right player becomes available.

I think a leader in the middle of the park could make a massive difference to us.

If Ahmedhodzic didn't play against us for Malmo, no one would be interested in maybe £4M on a CB who's just been relegated in Ligue 1.

If Dallinga is at this price I’d hope we’d consider guys like Botheim & Amin Sarr, as they’ve proven themselves at a higher level & would have a similar cost.
As much as I don't want to use them as a comparison, the fact they got the top goalscorer from the division above the one Dallinga plays in for a million quid cheaper tells me that he's overpriced at €4 million. Its obviously a better level than our second tier, but it's not an elite league. Would a team for example, pay £1.5-2 million quid for a player from ICT or Dunfermline?

Nobody is buying Helander if he's still in a 'moon boot' and probably not until he has double-digit games under his belt. I wonder if he's even fit to start training soon. Nobody is buying Simpson because he's not very good. There's probably a deal to be done on Katic but we will have to reduce our asking price. We won't be getting £4m for those three, not this window.
We keep hearing “ nobody will buy” and “ nobody will take” but clubs will be found for players. Hastie was the first of many , we got a small fee of 200k but again we were told nobody would take him. Teams will pay a moderate fee for guys like Helander even with his injury history in the hope he’s due some luck.

I think we will get £1.5 mill for Helander, same for Katic, maybe 500k for Simpson. We may need to take 400k for wee Middleton and ofoborth we will come to an agreement over his health.

We will sell Bjorna for around £5 million as well and we may also sell Roofe for £2.5 million although I’d say that’s less likely.

So all in somewhere between £8 and £10million Income, and hopefully we keep our main boys with Aribo kent and Alfie all renewing.

Either way it will be 6/7 players out and 2/3 players of good quality in to supplement what is already a highly talented squad with a great mixture of youth and experience.

If it’s not broken you don’t fix it. We also have the prospect of Lowrie and King making an impact. A squad of 22 is optimum and we aren’t far off it once we jettison the players I’ve mentioned

With Davis, Arfield and Jack with one year remaining on their contract, and Sands loan coming to an end, I think we could justify that for one season if the right player becomes available.

I think a leader in the middle of the park could make a massive difference to us.

I agree Mark, I just don’t think we’ll get that player without Joe or Glen going.

We keep hearing “ nobody will buy” and “ nobody will take” but clubs will be found for players. Hastie was the first of many , we got a small fee of 200k but again we were told nobody would take him. Teams will pay a moderate fee for guys like Helander even with his injury history in the hope he’s due some luck.

I think we will get £1.5 mill for Helander, same for Katic, maybe 500k for Simpson. We may need to take 400k for wee Middleton and ofoborth we will come to an agreement over his health.

We will sell Bjorna for around £5 million as well and we may also sell Roofe for £2.5 million although I’d say that’s less likely.

So all in somewhere between £8 and £10million Income, and hopefully we keep our main boys with Aribo kent and Alfie all renewing.

Either way it will be 6/7 players out and 2/3 players of good quality in to supplement what is already a highly talented squad with a great mixture of youth and experience.

If it’s not broken you don’t fix it.
My point on Helander is that nobody will buy him - right now - if they cannot play him. Last seen in a 'moon boot'. Will he even be ready to start training on Monday? Will he kick a ball, even in a friendly, before the window closes? Right now I'd say its debatable so, on that basis, nobody will buy him this window.

£1.5m for Katic quite possibly. We seem to be looking for more but I think we will drop.

Simpson we will be lucky to get £500k.

That's the three players we were talking about and I don't think, particularly given Helender's injury, we raise anywhere near the circa £4m figure that it was suggested we could achieve this window to buy one of the CBs mooted. Circa £2m for the other two is possible.

I agree Mark, I just don’t think we’ll get that player without Joe or Glen going.
I think that's a fair point.

If Aribo stays, I don't see him playing any deeper than the three behind the striker. Unless injury dictates it, or tactical change to 3 centre backs.

So 2023 we may only have Lundstram and Kamara. With the likes of Aribo (if staying) and McCann deputising.
Then you consider if you are renewing contracts for Jack, Davis or Arfield - or taking up the option on Sands. I think it's fair to assume that all 4 could easily move on. Jack will be determined by his fitness. Then the others by performance in the upcoming season.

In my opinion, I think it'd be ok to jump the gun by one season. Especially if the signing becomes your first choice midfielder.

Who could complain if the scenario of a 22 man squad was this for the coming season ( two for every position scenario)

McLaughlin/Mcgregor

Tavernier/Zukowski

Bassey/Tymon

Goldson/ Ahmedozic / Souttar/King

Lundstram/Jack/Kamara/Davis

Aribo/Lowrie/Hagi/Kent

Morelos/Dallinga/Colack/Sakala

Total outlay £14m- 4m Dallinga 4m Ahmedozic 4m Tymon 2m Colak

Total income £12m -Barisic £5m Helander £1.5m Roofe £1.5m Katic £1.5m Itten £1.5m Simpson 500k wee Middleton 500k

Kent, Aribo and Alfie all sign on until 2026.

Totally achievable and realistic and excellent and only 2 million net spent.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back