The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m hopeful of another CB to partner Goldson. Souttar and Helander injury history is terrible. Okay, we’ve got Bassey but Barišić isn’t exactly mr indestructible ala, Connor Goldson.
We should sign a CB or a LB based on where we see Bassey playing the majority of his games, imo.

If we see him as primarily a CB, a younger LB to take over from Barisic would be good. If we see Bassey as a LB, then we definitely need another CB given the unreliability of Helander and Souttar fitness-wise.

The key is getting them to renew that’s what will define this window

You don’t tinker too much with a squad that reaches an elite European final.

You supplement it with 2 perhaps 3 signings.
100% although to get the transfer model kicking in we probably do need to sell one of Morelos, Kent, Aribo.

Who could complain if the scenario of a 22 man squad was this for the coming season ( two for every position scenario)

McLaughlin/Mcgregor

Tavernier/Zukowski

Bassey/Tymon

Goldson/ Ahmedozic / Souttar/King

Lundstram/Jack/Kamara/Davis

Aribo/Lowrie/Hagi/Kent

Morelos/Dallinga/Colack/Sakala

Total outlay £14m- 4m Dallinga 4m Ahmedozic 4m Tymon 2m Colak

Total income £12m -Barisic £5m Helander £1.5m Roofe £1.5m Katic £1.5m Itten £1.5m Simpson 500k wee Middleton 500k

Kent, Aribo and Alfie all sign on until 2026.

Totally achievable and realistic and excellent and only 2 million net spent.
You play too much fifa mate

Who could complain if the scenario of a 22 man squad was this for the coming season ( two for every position scenario)

McLaughlin/Mcgregor

Tavernier/Zukowski

Bassey/Tymon

Aribo/Lowrie/Hagi/Kent

Total income £12m -Barisic £5m Helander £1.5m Roofe £1.5m Katic £1.5m Itten £1.5m Simpson 500k wee Middleton 500k

Although I like that. Quite a lot, to be honest, because it suggests Morelos, Aribo and Kent extend contracts.

I think it's light one or two players of significant improvement to our first 11. It's still in need of a natural RW.

I'm maybe too greedy, but I want to see us taking steps forward with the quality on the pitch.
I think the club is still on an upwards trajectory and one or two additions to that probably gets us close to the standard we should be looking to maintain. But then maybe that has to come over the next couple of seasons.

McLaughlin/Mcgregor

Tavernier/Zukowski

Bassey/Tymon

Aribo/Lowrie/Hagi/Kent

Ah Bluebeard I’ve missed you

McLaughlin/Mcgregor

Tavernier/Zukowski

Bassey/Tymon

Aribo/Lowrie/Hagi/Kent

Its not football manager bro.

We cant just sell our poor players, its our good ones teams want:))

Re Zukowski. He’s supposedly rated highly by his teammates & coaching staff as a player. Was unlucky with injuries since he signed.

Hope he gets a good and full pre season.
What was/is his injury and will he be ready/available for preseason?

As much as I don't want to use them as a comparison, the fact they got the top goalscorer from the division above the one Dallinga plays in for a million quid cheaper tells me that he's overpriced at €4 million. Its obviously a better level than our second tier, but it's not an elite league. Would a team for example, pay £1.5-2 million quid for a player from ICT or Dunfermline?

True 55.

There’s loads of value about that would improve on this of course.

I was originally thinking about half of this when he was suggested.

You actually can. Hastie was found a club. Others will follow. There’s nothing on my post that is unrealistic at all.

We're not getting 1m for Simpson and Middleton

12 million for Barisic after the year he's had, his injury record, and that he's fast approaching 30 and fell out of the Croatia starting line up ? Absolutely zero chance of that.

I'm all for talking up our players but as said above, its not football manager mate.

McLaughlin/Mcgregor

Tavernier/Zukowski

Bassey/Tymon

Aribo/Lowrie/Hagi/Kent

Those fees hahaha!

Who's paying £12M for Barisic?

Who's paying £5M for Helander? Literally never fit.

You're either at it or off your head.

We're not getting 1m for Simpson and Middleton

12 million for Barisic after the year he's had, his injury record, and that he's fast approaching 30 and fell out of the Croatia starting line up ? Absolutely zero chance of that.

I'm all for talking up our players but as said above, its not football manager mate.
I said £5mill for Barasic I’ve no idea where you are seeing 12m?

McLaughlin/Mcgregor

Tavernier/Zukowski

Bassey/Tymon

Aribo/Lowrie/Hagi/Kent

If we had 4 million to spend on one player then i wouldnt spend it on a left back if bassey is still here

That's funny I seem to recall some doing just that the other day. Were you one of them by any chance? Seen as the "according to some on here" "patter" seems to have got your wee drawers in a twist.
That’s because that rumour wasn’t lifted off here and we could confirm that as fact, which is the point of my post if you had read it, but aye everything is lifted off here, even by French journalists :rolleyes:

That’s because that rumour wasn’t lifted off here and we could confirm that as fact, which is the point of my post if you had read it, but aye everything is lifted off here, even by French journalists :rolleyes:
Oh cheers for the confirmation that you were one of the ones greetin about it. That explains a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back