Mygers points being updated

Works both ways. Club can say Ts & Cs state 3 years so that’s what it will be OR they can state the survey showed the preference was for 5 years so we are keeping it at that (or going to 4 years) to acknowledge the wishes of the fans.:)

We will never see the results of the survey, of course.
We’re told the club value transparency though…? So why wouldn’t they share results of their surveys

1530pts for me now, throughout mygers I've always been very low gold & very high silver.

I'd presume I'll be starting the season high silver again.

To anyone looking to add anything to the programme process, the clowns that are doing it are lucky if they manage to send you one at all never mind close to the game. It's a bit like a lottery where you buy a programme then hope that you actually get one.

I got the subscription too and for the first 2 or 3 issues they arrived close to the match date but after that you could be waiting ages sometimes up to a fortnight or more. Those who bought individually could be far longer than that given some of the threads that appear.
Can you buy a programme subscription?

I still can’t believe how they dished out the points for away games.

By the look of it you could’ve applied for every game not bought any tickets and got yourself 15 points.

Same as someone spending £100s on tickets.

Would love to know the thought process behind it.

By the look of it you could’ve applied for every game not bought any tickets and got yourself 15 points.

- What appeases the most people
- How do they prevent people from moaning that people who were successful get further ahead points wise
- How’s it fair someone gets points ahead of others but also having got the tickets

Short answer is that it’s the easiest way for them to do it and they’ve absolutely shat the bed

I think you got 5 points for registration and 10 for attendance no?

Well, by attendance I mean buying…
They did a half season subscription last year. It worked out not bad at 14 programmes for £55 from the Stirling cup game.

I've not seen anything for this year yet though
Hopefully they keep it, some years it’ll work, some years it won’t

All it’s done is meant I had an extra pint, and didn’t buy a Union Jackpot ticket, that covered the postage

I am certain this will not happen.

There will be other rubbish to buy but buying points directly won’t be one of them.
We might see redeemable points (discounts and experiences) being awarded for Rangers shop, kiosk and restaurant purchases. Arsenal have this as part of their membership system.

There is no limit to the “experiences” that Rangers can offer based on how much money we are prepared to invest in MyGers.

If you were offered and didn’t buy you didn’t get the attendance points.

If you were offered and didn’t buy you didn’t get the attendance points.
I’ll rephrase it slightly. You could be offered half a dozen tickets and only bought the one you really wanted and left the rest. You will have got the same points as everyone else.

I deal with my old man’s tickets and missed a Fir Park 2nd ballot due to me not getting his emails directly.

He hasn’t been penalised for missing it and has the full points.

I went up to gold before the deadline for Blackpool tickets and I’ve now went back down to silver on 1417.

Surely they should be able to send a breakdown of every ones points for the now 3 seasons, help every one understand their points better.

The points are changing continually and mean nothing at the moment. The fact that working updates are visible on the website is a sign of how poor our systems are and just encourage unnecessary concern.

I’ll rephrase it slightly. You could be offered half a dozen tickets and only bought the one you really wanted and left the rest. You will have got the same points as everyone else.

I deal with my old man’s tickets and missed a Fir Park 2nd ballot due to me not getting his emails directly.

My mate didn’t buy Dundee United when offered and he wasn’t given any attendance points.

He was only offered Dundee United & St Johnstone though.

You didn't have to buy all those offered, it was a percentage only. They just didn't tell us what the percentage was :))

Lost about 200 odd points but still pretty high
Might just go double check incase my eye sight is playing on me

No you wouldnt.

All the best to those in hope today hope everyone gets sorted even if its not their ideal choice.

Do you still get a discount on RTV yearly sub if you've got My Gers ?
Slightly out of date but this is from the MyGers FAQ's. New RTV subscriptions only, not renewals:

How can I redeem my 30 days free trial and 10% off an annual RTV standard subscription discount?

The details of how to obtain your 30 days free trial and subsequent discount will be contained within the welcome email you will receive from the Club. MyGers Members will receive this email within 24 hours of receiving their payment confirmation email.

If you have not received a copy of the Welcome E-mail, please e-mail the team at mygers@rangers.co.uk who will be happy to provide you with the discounted link.

Please note that to use the offer, MyGers Members must create an account with RTV. During registration, you will be asked to enter your Rangers Number.

This benefit is available to new RTV subscriptions only and cannot be applied to current subscriptions.

There was a table of exactly what you get point for and how many eg 1 point for attending a home game, 50 points for RTV etc

Anyone got it?

I am in it through necessity but I hate mygers.

Already thinking this new season will be my last and I've been in it from the start

Managed to drop 400 off points somehow. Not too bothered as I’m only in it to be on the st waiting list to wait for 2 together and sit with my boy. I’ve still got over 1000 so just building his up while we wait. Can’t wait to bin it once we have the tickets to be honest.

Managed to drop 400 off points somehow. Not too bothered as I’m only in it to be on the st waiting list to wait for 2 together and sit with my boy. I’ve still got over 1000 so just building his up while we wait. Can’t wait to bin it once we have the tickets to be honest.
Started taking the second season off, will end up lower still once all seasons removed to being three historical and the current seasons points

That legit?

I’ve had nothing extra taken off beyond 16/17 season
If he has dropped 400 then its more than what could be achieved in season 16/17.

Others on other threads have dropped more than what was available in the 16/17 season.

Everyone iv seen mention it are on the waiting list so must be doing them first to ensure the waiting list gets prioritised on the updated points basis

If he has dropped 400 then its more than what could be achieved in season 16/17.

Others on other threads have dropped more than what was available in the 16/17 season.

Everyone iv seen mention it are on the waiting list so must be doing them first to ensure the waiting list gets prioritised on the updated points basis
The mistake people are making is calculating the drop off from between end of 21/22 as opposed to the start of it I think

The mistake people are making is calculating the drop off from between end of 21/22 as opposed to the start of it I think
I think they are talking about drop from April update which would be the right place to base it.

It has all of last seasons points bar a few games and the 16/17 season onwards.

The whole system isn't fit for purpose. It divides those who can afford it and those who cannot. I appreciate that it brings in cash, but it causes so many issues with supporter in fighting. These "fan focus" groups. Who all goes? Is it primarily Gold? Turkeys don't vote for Christmas. If you are top Gold you are safe.
Look at Blackpool. This will be point harvesting and whilst it's only 1 point, the principle is the same. Folk won't go but simply hand the ticket to their RSC. Those who aren't anywhere near 1300 odd points, who want to go, can't be afforded the opportunity.
For friendlies,like this it should have been a ballot.
FWIW, and for those of us that were in Seville, there were folk who don't regularly go away from home in the league, but because of the MyGers they got a ticket.

Just wait until all those add ons make the difference.

Fancy linking me up with your 17/18 and 18/19 breakdowns in terms of points?

I know I’ve missed less than 10 programmes since last season but just want to account for whatever else I missed. Paid for a tour so that’s covered too
I’m on my holidays the now. Remind me in a couple of weeks. On the sick from work as I’ve no holidays left for CL. But not everyone can do Europe cause they don’t have holidays…

Back