The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we want Colak, but are not getting Solbakken, Dallinga or Botheim. What a transfer window, only 4 players available to buy in all of Europe. Here was me thinking there would be about 20 players in Europe who would be within our price range.
Reminds me when we missed out on Scott Allen. According to some on FF, we failed to get the best Scottish midfielder in 20 years, an irreplaceable talent and FF was in despair.

"Scots insist a deal has been agreed, PAOK denies"

If PAOK agreed the fee and then stall pull the plug and walk they will come back to the table imo.

Strange unless they are trying to get another buyer or replacement in before they sell?

Because it doesn’t mean what you were trying to say it means.

It does mean it though. Look up definitions of it online. "Flat track bully" literally means to dominate inferior opposition. Just because a word or phrase originated with a different meaning doesn't mean it can only retain that meaning and nothing else.

If you were him and were asked your age, would you say "nearly 29, mate"?

No, you wouldn't, you'd say you were 28, which would be the correct answer to a very simple question.
What am I surprised that fractions are beyond you?

The day after his birthday, he is no longer 28.

So we want Colak, but are not getting Solbakken, Dallinga or Botheim. What a transfer window, only 4 players available to buy in all of Europe. Here was me thinking there would be about 20 players in Europe who would be within our price range.
Reminds me when we missed out on Scott Allen. According to some on FF, we failed to get the best Scottish midfielder in 20 years, an irreplaceable talent and FF was in despair.
We must be one of the only fan bases in football that lose their shit when a player that's spoken about on here & social media signs for another club.

H&H update: Rangers agreed a fee with PAOK over Colak, PAOK unwilling to finalise on it yet.

So basically, yeah nothing has been agreed and it looks more likely PAOK will reject and rangers may walk away
So we have agreed a few with PAOK but they will most likely reject it?

You’ve posted multiple times in both threads about Colak with nothing but negativity.

Are you hoping it doesn’t go through ?

So we have agreed a few with PAOK but they will most likely reject it?

You’ve posted multiple times in both threads about Colak with nothing but negativity.

Are you hoping it doesn’t go through ?

Actually the latest from PAOK denies they ever agreed a fee in the first place.

I'm hoping it goes through, doesn't seem as likely as others think though, and I'm being realistic.

Also I never said anything negative about Colak at any point? Just that the deal doesn't seem as imminent as some expect.

We missed out on Scott Allan and therefore we missed out on THAT pass. Gutted.

"Scots insist a deal has been agreed, PAOK denies"

I have a funny feeling the whole thing is Alison Conroy stirring it up.
Is she trying to throw a spanner in the works by spreading lies!

Because it’s her who started this shit on Sky and no one else has mentioned it yet, as far as I’ve seen.

The "agreed a fee but PAOK not finalising" part is just club spin put out to media partners incase we don't get him - it's meaningless nonsense. Clearly nothing has been agreed yet and both clubs are playing hardball over the fee. Don't see the need for the club to try and muddy the waters by dressing it up as anything else.

I have a funny feeling the whole thing is Alison Conroy stirring it up.
Is she trying to throw a spanner in the works by spreading lies!

Because it’s her who started this shit on Sky and no one else has mentioned it yet, as far as I’ve seen.
A few of the club's media partners have said essentially the same so it looks like the club feeding this line rather than a Sky journalist flying a kite.

The "agreed a fee but PAOK not finalising" part is just club spin put out to media partners incase we don't get him, it's just meaningless nonsense. Clearly nothing has been agreed yet and both clubs are playing hardball over the fee. Don't see the need for the club to try and muddy the waters by dressing it up as anything else.

Another example of the club being blamed for the sake of it. It's the default position of many on this site.

Another example of the club being blamed for the sake of it. It's the default position of many on this site.

Well how else do you describe that line of wording that club media partners are putting out? "Agreed a fee but PAOK indecisive about agreement". Just looks daft to me when all that needs to be said is that no agreement has been reached.

It does mean it though. Look up definitions of it online. "Flat track bully" literally means to dominate inferior opposition. Just because a word or phrase originated with a different meaning doesn't mean it can only retain that meaning and nothing else.

Ok mate. I’ve played cricket for years but I’ll go with your knowledge on this.

Tried to get my head round this thread as i pop in occasionally (in hope rather than expectation)

We appear to be after one guy, who isn't getting most excited as he has moved around a bit and may or may not be to old like er, Mark Hateley, or because he didn't score a lot at his last club like maybe Ally McCoist!

Love this thread every year

So today we've had people struggling with the fact that representing your nation makes you an international player, and we've had people unclear on how we determine someones age.

Nuthouse.
You missed people being confused as to what a "flat track bully" is.

Ok mate. I’ve played cricket for years but I’ll go with your knowledge on this.

Mate it's a phrase that is used in almost every sport across the world. I'm not disagreeing with you about it's meaning in cricket, you're the one who's trying to deny that it has clearly developed a new meaning outside of cricket.

Looks like we’ve agreed an acceptable fee but they’re not willing to sell yet for whatever reason, maybe waiting for a replacement or waiting or any higher bids from elsewhere, and we might get fed up with it and move on. What I’m taking from it.
Stupid if they have agreed with us a fee then think someone will bid more.
Another team will see what we have agreed and match it, it will then be up to the player.
By agreeing a fee with us they have just told everyone the asking price.

Well how else do you describe that line of wording that club media partners are putting out? "Agreed a fee but PAOK indecisive about agreement". Just looks daft to me when all that needs to be said is that no agreement has been reached.

H&H explanation was that a fee has been agreed but PAOK have back-tracked and are questioning whether they actually want to sell the player. This may be due to them looking for replacement, an internal disagreement or something else.

But Rangers and fan media are to blame. Apparently.

I suspect that you are right and that £10 million is the starting price.
Say, for example, Palace were only willing to bid 10 but Fulham went 11 and a German team went 12, then palace might come back in at 12.5 and so on.
No, they all bid £10m and if they really want him they will offer higher wages than the others. Once they bid £10m we are basically irrelevant in the deal.

Happy with Colak.

Haven't seen too much of him to be honest but he has decent pedigree and we've seen first hand he is dangerous.

He'll be a good option to have in the forward areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back