The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that would be mad if he wasn’t a starter. But from a business perspective, as a replacement for Alfie, it would make a lot of sense. Speculate to accumulate and all that.

He's had 1 good season in Norway we aren't paying anyone £40k a week off the back of that.

Not sure which dictionary this is but from a google search:
  1. a worker or sports player who is reliable but not outstanding.
    "a solid journeyman professional"

Thank you Strider.

I've no idea if these guys are his agents but they just can't accept he's not some footballing great.

Why not though if we are happy to spend a transfer fee and wages on a top player and with Botheim we dont even need a transfer fee why not give him some beefed up wages. Long term we sell him for 10M+ anyway
That would just cause problems though.
Beef up his wages then the likes of or star performers like Tav, Goldson, Alfie etc could rightly then think they deserve beefed up wages.

He's had 1 good season in Norway we aren't paying anyone £40k a week off the back of that.

And a phenomenal season in europe.

You’re right that we probably won’t, but if we want to get the buy low/sell high model kickstarted, it’s signings like this where we need to speculate. £40k a week.

If we paid £1.2M for him and paid £15k a week, no one would bat an eyelid, but the finances are the same.

Why not though if we are happy to spend a transfer fee and wages on a top player and with Botheim we dont even need a transfer fee why not give him some beefed up wages. Long term we sell him for 10M+ anyway
Because if he's on 40k a week how many of our other top players grow unhappy and ask for the same? It's just not feesable. Shouldn't really need to explain to anyone why rangers don't pay 40k a week to anyone, we play in Scotland where the prize money is a packet of opal fruits and a glass bottle of bru

Or just an annoying fact.

27 goals in 39 games is surely a lot better indication of a player then 15 in 30.

No matter the age.
Annoying? You’re on a high horse tonight.

You’re comparing a player who’s linked with one no one’s heard of and arguing with everyone over it.

Relax.

Because if he's on 40k a week how many of our other top players grow unhappy and ask for the same? It's just not feesable. Shouldn't really need to explain to anyone why rangers don't pay 40k a week to anyone, we play in Scotland where the prize money is a packet of opal fruits and a glass bottle of bru
It’s not about the pish prize money in Scotland. Look at the mhanks they pay players 40k a week and then what happens? They get sold for 10m+ and the club makes money. We should be copying. Tbf i take everyones point about Tav, Morelos etc all then wanting more money and it’s true this would be a concern. But we need to get this player trading model started and Botheim was such a good player we appear to have missed out on (could technically still happen you know…)

I agree that would be mad if he wasn’t a starter. But from a business perspective, as a replacement for Alfie, it would make a lot of sense. Speculate to accumulate and all that.
Or how about if your gonna spend 40 grand a week on wages you offer it to Alfie to stay as we know Alfie is a good player rather than making someone we don’t know much about our top earner

Annoying? You’re on a high horse tonight.

You’re comparing a player who’s linked with one no one’s heard of and arguing with everyone over it.

Relax.

Exactly.

I'm pointing out a better player and you're going on about a guy far lesser to him that was shown by scoring far less than him in the same season in the same league.

How else can I make a point?

And a phenomenal season in europe.

You’re right that we probably won’t, but if we want to get the buy low/sell high model kickstarted, it’s signings like this where we need to speculate. £40k a week.

If we paid £1.2M for him and paid £15k a week, no one would bat an eyelid, but the finances are the same.

Yet when he was sold to Krasnodar there's people saying online on twitter/reddit that they were robbed and can't believe he moved for the money he did. I've not seen him play so can't judge him but if he's that good then you surely end up in a better league than Russia no?

Bring him in on 40k or a similar player then you will have plenty from the dressing room chapping on the door looking for the same money.

Journeyman in footballing terms is not an average player.

It's someone who bounces around lots of clubs doing nothing.

It never used to be. Players were just well travelled, and plenty of players who only ever played for one club were described as journeymen.

The phrase has been used in football for ages, well before it was common for players to play for numerous clubs.

People are using it wrong. Just because they all think it's right doesn't make it so! :-D

Exactly.

I'm pointing out a better player and you're going on about a guy far lesser to him that was shown by scoring far less than him in the same season in the same league.

How else can I make a point?
Where have I gone on about Botheim? I said he wasn’t a journeyman which he isn’t, I don’t even know who the other guy you’re talking about is and I haven’t mentioned him.

As has been mentioned before, you’re having a howler in here tonight pal.

Yet when he was sold to Krasnodar there's people saying online on twitter/reddit that they were robbed and can't believe he moved for the money he did. I've not seen him play so can't judge him but if he's that good then you surely end up in a better league than Russia no?

Bring him in on 40k or a similar player then you will have plenty from the dressing room chapping on the door looking for the same money.

Boy is only 22 though, and the Russian league will be seen as a step up, not to mention a hefty wage with it. Perfectly feasible that his next move from there would have been England / Italy / Germany if he’d performed.

I agree that it potentially invites issues with the dressing room, but then it’s also up to others to prove they’re worth it. I wouldn’t be shocked if Goldson is now on £40k a week, and I’d challenge anyone to argue he isn’t worth it.

It’s not about the pish prize money in Scotland. Look at the mhanks they pay players 40k a week and then what happens? They get sold for 10m+ and the club makes money. We should be copying. Tbf i take everyones point about Tav, Morelos etc all then wanting more money and it’s true this would be a concern. But we need to get this player trading model started and Botheim was such a good player we appear to have missed out on (could technically still happen you know…)
Who are sellik paying 40k a week to? You need to stop listening to the media. Your not going to convince any sane minded bear that we should pay players 40k a week. Your making a total kunt of it by putting up a fight and using sellik lies as your argument

Have we signed anyone?
Surprisingly, we haven’t been able to secure a single first team player to add to the squad.
I fully expect derision for my view.

By any stretch of the imagination , it doesn’t show the director of football in the best of light.

His whole job is to have a dossier of players at the ready, based on consistent feedback from the manager on what is required.
Like everybody else , I think the whole club needs a bounce ,from new effective arrivals.
Our season commences early,with pivotal champions league qualification in the near future.

What to goodness is going with the recruitment strategy? Great to see prospect signings, we need competition for first team jerseys.

Qk, we're 9th so Bruce Anderson of Livvy must be better as he scored more goals last season.

Sweden is 23rd.

Bruce Anderson has brilliant stats from last season, he was the leagues 2nd most clinical striker in goals per minute.

It will be interesting to see if he is a one season wonder, if he can keep these stats up a lot of clubs will be looking at him.

Surely with Botheim it's his age and potential?

What had Kamara, Kent, Aribo, Tav etc all done at 22?

He's in the fortunate position of being a free agent which means he'll probably get money we'll not pay.

1 in 2 in your early 20s is very different to 1 in 2 in your late 20s.

I’m miles behind in this thread. What are we arguing about, Botheim’s wages according to the Daily Record?

Čolak obviously got game time in Holland tonight, just seen images of him celebrating one of PAOK’s goals.

Who are sellik paying 40k a week to? You need to stop listening to the media. Your not going to convince any sane minded bear that we should pay players 40k a week. Your making a total kunt of it by putting up a fight and using sellik lies as your argument
I didnt realise it was lies i thought it was fact. Surely theres accounts somewhere that show it. But %^*& searching up shite about them lets just move on from Botheim if hes going elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back