The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of fans sleeping on Souttar, the boys stats are superb, I know they don't mean everything but you don't hit these numbers being shit, and that's for hearts. Would like to see him compared to Balogun and Helander
NSBqGS2.jpg

Helander takes some flak, up until recently the man had never lost a league game with Rangers.

During our invincible league win, he was the keyman, even much more so than Goldson at times.

Don't know if people forget that or just focus on his injuries?

Souttar won't easily displace him if fit though. Tell you that for free.
Lol!

So we can agree they are trying to improve their squad?
Yes we can.

However, we're both trying to improve our squads.
As things stand, neither squad has changed much from last season.

However, most of their spend will go on loanees from last season on to permanent contracts.

I think we'll have more new players than them in our squad, come the start of the season.

I honestly think he'll prove to be better than Helander and take his place, I may be wrong, I often am B-)

I do think people are underestimating Souttar though, he's going to add a lot to the side of he stays healthy.
The question people have to ask jow many games did souttar play for hearts last season he was amazing in cup final 3 at the ba k be perfect

Maybe being more solid at the back this season will give the current midfield a bit more to play with. Think Lundstram could do some real numbers if he's afforded the time in the right areas.
Where is his right area?
A different one from where he was “the best on earth” last season?
Why would we change that?

If as expected Aribo is for the off this summer does anyone think we will spend the money on a RW rather than direct replacement?

I think we will have the budget for a RW already, personally. I think if we sell Aribo, Gio should be given freedom to bring in any player for any position he thinks, as opposed to a straight, like for like. I say this, simply because i want Gio to put his own stamp on us tactically. Hes shown he likes to be flexible so id like him to pick a player or 2 that maximise our flexibility - if thats what he wants.

I think we will have the budget for a RW already, personally. I think if we sell Aribo, Gio should be given freedom to bring in any player for any position he thinks, as opposed to a straight, like for like. I say this, simply because i want Gio to put his own stamp on us tactically. Hes shown he likes to be flexible so id like him to pick a player or 2 that maximise our flexibility - if thats what he wants.
Good post.

Is your 2nd paragraph actually serious?

We're watching the same core because continuity is preferable and ultimately they have been reasonably successful.

We've added each Summer to complement the squad - the reason we won the league is because the squad quality got better with the additions of Balogun, McLaughlin + Roofe, for example.

Not to disparage the players but this is the same core of players who have completely collapsed after Christmas in all but one season now.

Europe was fantastic last season but the reality is they've won one title out of the last five that points to needing better players if we want continuing success.

Failure to strengthen properly in January cost the club £30m if we do the same again that's £60m going across the city. I dread to think what will happen if they get get CL money two seasons in a row while we look skint even after a European final.

I honestly think he'll prove to be better than Helander and take his place, I may be wrong, I often am B-)

I do think people are underestimating Souttar though, he's going to add a lot to the side of he stays healthy.
I fully agree here.
I had the same argument with Hearts fans when he went there.

Kind of agree HR.

I’d like him to look at the balance of the whole midfield group & choose a player that improves that mix.

For me, I hope we spend maybe 5m or so of his money & get a guy who is an athlete & can get us 10+ goals.

What makes them big favourites?

We have a strengthened defence, they have the same and about to be weakened by Juranovic being punted.

They are about to either stand still in midfield/attack with signing Maeda on a perm and Jota. If Jota doesnt sign they are weakened.

Where exactly is the big favourites element coming from?
His arse.

He played games after the injury against Motherwell. The Dundee United game in March was the one that saw him get the knock that kept him out of the rest of the league games.
Time will tell. But to me it seems a wee bit mental that 2 of your 4 realistic top pick CHs are injury prone as 2 of ours. Hopefully Bassey if he stays and Goldson continue to be exact opposite.

This place is utterly mental. You’ve got the complete happy clappers, and the complete lunatics who are angry about everything in life.

In reality, we’re probably somewhere in the middle. Is everything perfect? Not even close. Is it a disaster? Not even close. We need to start doing some work, but we’ve plenty of time.

Not to disparage the players but this is the same core of players who have completely collapsed after Christmas in all but one season now.

Europe was fantastic last season but the reality is they've won one title out of the last five that points to needing better players if we want continuing success.

Failure to strengthen properly in January cost the club £30m if we do the same again that's £60m going across the city. I dread to think what will happen if they get get CL money two seasons in a row while we look skint even after a European final.

Have you forgotten the level of squad Gerrard had to him when he first arrived and the mess we were in? The squad here now is certainly not the one we had in year one either. Last season isn't even close to those 2 years you mention either year one under Gerrard especially when we simply didn't have the squad for example. Year 2 was a genuine collapse but not let's forget how that season actually ended.

Absolutely note, our budget will be based on what will come in, at present that’s guaranteed Europa league money

We have no budget. The board has said this time and time again, players are looked at on a case by case basis and if the right player is there, and the club can afford - we make an offer.

When we'll actually be in a position to have a transfer budget again, who knows.

You'd like to think we'd be working toward that again.

Re the Rice signing. Seeing Daily Record calling him a "Wonderkid" when discussing a transfer tug of war between us & the coverups. The Sun call him a teenage starlet.

Now that weve signed him, they will resort to calling him "Ex- Motherwell youth"

This place is utterly mental. You’ve got the complete happy clappers, and the complete lunatics who are angry about everything in life.

In reality, we’re probably somewhere in the middle. Is everything perfect? Not even close. Is it a disaster? Not even close. We need to start doing some work, but we’ve plenty of time.

Spot on everyone wants signings but this squad we have in place is a very good one and if we can recruit to the right areas whilst moving some out then there's no reason why we can't regain the title.

Utter denial about what?

Is it your preference to name call rather than debate?
Denial from some that we don’t need significantly freshened up and that we need at least two or three signings good enough to go straight into the starting XI. We also should have been far more active than what we have been. It’s July tomorrow and with the exception of a back up striker we’ve not been seriously linked with anyone.

You don’t belong here.

Go back to the world of sanity.

Hopefully we still qualify via play offs

We must surely be due that slice of luck regarding fitness of key players and a decent pre season
While hopefully the draw is kind

And that CL cash still comes our way

A lot of fans sleeping on Souttar, the boys stats are superb, I know they don't mean everything but you don't hit these numbers being shit, and that's for hearts. Would like to see him compared to Balogun and Helander
NSBqGS2.jpg
With the usual caveat of "if we can keep him fit" which applies to too many out our squad.

Same people who were in utter denial last year

Happy clapping clowns

I'm getting a bit fed up with this 'Happy clapper' nonsense. It's one of those soundbites that is just aimed at anyone who disagrees with a point of view. Just an easy out for people who can't accept other opinions.

It's like the mentally challengeds when they say we are "point scoring" with the subject of child abuse at their club. Or RC and their "whatabouttery" pish.

It's usually a minority who shout the loudest to stop a discussion.

Anyways, have we signed big Colak yet?

As I said in an earlier post, perhaps we see greater value, at this stage in having them available on the pitch? How, for instance, do we replace Morelos this summer? The same goes for Kent. Would the likely fees received be sufficient to replace them with adequate quality? We are Rangers and we have to win trophies, that is the bottom line. There's a balance to be struck, for sure, but performance and success on the playing field will always be paramount at Ibrox. For what it's worth I think we'll sell Aribo and possibly one other this summer.
Great point, and on paper we could sign a "ready-made replacement" who doesn't do it, so it ends up adding to the cost eventually; perhaps even costing more.

As I said in an earlier post, perhaps we see greater value, at this stage in having them available on the pitch? How, for instance, do we replace Morelos this summer? The same goes for Kent. Would the likely fees received be sufficient to replace them with adequate quality? We are Rangers and we have to win trophies, that is the bottom line. There's a balance to be struck, for sure, but performance and success on the playing field will always be paramount at Ibrox. For what it's worth I think we'll sell Aribo and possibly one other this summer.

How do we intend replacing all 3 of them next summer when they can walk away for nothing? Plus potentially a few others out of contract like Jack, Helander. Plus McGregor and Davis can't continue forever... some amount of potential problems we're storing up here.

We have no budget. The board has said this time and time again, players are looked at on a case by case basis and if the right player is there, and the club can afford - we make an offer.

When we'll actually be in a position to have a transfer budget again, who knows.

You'd like to think we'd be working toward that again.

I’m not sure thats the case any longer mate. We now have a good business model, i’ll be amazed
if there is not a budget to begin with and if an exceptional opportunity arises - it gets reviewed.

In the Gerrard days, your point was certainly the case

Denial from some that we don’t need significantly freshened up and that we need at least two or three signings good enough to go straight into the starting XI. We also should have been far more active than what we have been. It’s July tomorrow and with the exception of a back up striker we’ve not been seriously linked with anyone.
Not being “linked” doesn’t mean there’s nothing going on.

It just means you and others are pissed off as it’s not being plastered all over the place.

Relax man.

It can’t be classed as denial just because people have different views.

Probably the most sensible post I’ve seen in ages mate. Would be nice to have more business done but the reality is, we have no idea what is going on, all leaks have dried up and the people that do get info just aren’t sharing it.
Because there is a lack of info and rumours people are assuming the worst, let’s judge in 2 weeks at most.
I’d also expect the other markets, relating to potential outgoings, to start picking in the next week or so due to the earlier start down south

I’m not sure thats the case any longer mate. We now have a good business model, i’ll be amazed
if there is not a budget to begin with and if an exceptional opportunity arises - it gets reviewed.

In the Gerrard days, your point was certainly the case

We were still operating with no set transfer budget right up until Gerrard left, I believe it's still the case.

Have you forgotten the level of squad Gerrard had to him when he first arrived and the mess we were in? The squad here now is certainly not the one we had in year one either. Last season isn't even close to those 2 years you mention either year one under Gerrard especially when we simply didn't have the squad for example. Year 2 was a genuine collapse but not let's forget how that season actually ended.

From Gerrard's first game in charge against Aberdeen eight first team players remain I'd say that's still the core of the squad intact from back then.

Thank you. I was typing something similar but deleted it.

It's the way of the internet though to pick a side and double down. There's no room for any kind of nuance.

Just leads to extreme takes as we are seeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back