The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the EL run not make more than we would've got for CL qualifiers anyway?
I get your point though. But if we don't improve this team that everyone was only too happy to admit has stagnated then we won't be regularly qualifying for the CL. We lost the league to a team who made their worst start to a season in 20+ years, our Europa run seems to have blinded a lot of people to that.

Wouldn't say its blinded anyone they won the league cause they won 27 out of 31 games since September. Simple really we only had ourselves to blame for not winning the league due to stupid points being dropped in games that should have been won due to not being clinical enough, questionable approaches in games by our manager and some poor refereeing decisions in games.

If the team had stagnated then surely you don't reach a European final with the same group of players?

Another convenient excuse imo. We have 4 seasons of this squad excelling in European football, culminating in us reaching a Euro Final last season. Our players have proven they aren't a flash in the pan and are very good footballers.

Van Djik is a one off but a good few of our players are at least on a par if not better than the other players you mention.

Perhaps the board are over valuing our players but that's another argument.
This thread has finally ended me. I find myself agreeing with a trumpet ffs. B-)

Start of a new accounting year today for the club, the annual report will be based on figures up to 30th June

Maybe things will start to speed up now also with full pre season starting next week.

Get the feeling other than Colak things are at a stalemate while we find out whether the players with 1 year left will move on.

I’m less concerned about the apparent lack of transfer activity than most of those panicking on this thread seem to be. There have been some positives since the season ended.
  • Goldson signing a new contract was every bit as good as a new signing.
  • Souttar signed, quality defender and a Scot which presumably helps for the Euro rules.
  • Colak- if we get him - looks to me to be pretty astute acquisition, a definite upgrade on Itten.
  • We are making very positive progress in bringing in highly rated young players for the development and B teams, this is crucial for our future sustainability and it’s good to see the club focusing on this.
Player trading is obviously the key for other moves and in simple terms if any of the players with 1 year left on their contract don’t sign an extension - Morelos, Kent, Aribo - they should be sold this summer. Looks like Aribo will certainly go. Bassey, if anyone offers £25m, should also go. I’d rather keep him obviously, he’s fabulous, but sustainability means we need to sell when player values are high and then reinvest. We need to get used to this reality.
No panicking yet but lack of goalscoring options throughout the squad let us down last season.

Most games we didn’t win were down to the lack of creating and sticking away chances as we had plenty of possession, and utter domination in most of the draws. So signing Souttar is nice, albeit he’s been very injury prone, and resigning Goldson is great, but the lack of progress on a right winger, a scoring midfielder and at least one back up striker is what will panic me if they’re not resolved in the next couple of weeks.

Getting through to that CL group stage is clearly massive for spending if we are a month into a transfer window and still not signed an attacking player at all, never mind one of note. With only a calendar month to our first competitive match and not much more until the first CL qualifier.

And yes, I do read accounts (and have read many many accounts over the years as part of a day job), yes I know money doesn’t grow on trees, but last season’s revenue from all angles should allow us to spend before selling this window. And more than just haggling over £2-2.5m over a back up striker.

They stated that the model is player sales reinvesting in the player squad. I’m asking where the Patterson cash is? That’s £8m to spend? Directors have a fiduciary duty to not mislead the share holders. Is what’s been said breaking the law that’s a question for a lawyer mate

Brain damage

1st of July

8 weeks of absolute nonsense

Been looking at the thread alot recently and see some crazy views and stupid arguments. I haven't been to worried about our transfer business, or lack of I should say, now I'm starting to wonder but. Our objective this year, as every year is win the league, anything else is a bonus, our only rival for that trophy are strengthening there squad. We can say all we want the players are pish etc etc, but they are spending money. I think we need 3 players, starting 11 quality players. Striker, RW, goal scoring midfielder. Golak hopefully only a matter of time, the other 2, I'm starting to get worried we won't have them in and ready for the new season. Not hitting the panic button yet, but each day goes by I get a little bit more anxious. Do you think sticking with the same group of players almost and fixing the silly mistakes from last year, takes us to the title?
Appart from the LB they signed yesterday they spent about 12 million on players already in squad from last year so although spending alot of money only got 1 new player and a back up gk from the window

Another convenient excuse imo. We have 4 seasons of this squad excelling in European football, culminating in us reaching a Euro Final last season. Our players have proven they aren't a flash in the pan and are very good footballers.

Van Djik is a one off but a good few of our players are at least on a par if not better than the other players you mention.

Perhaps the board are over valuing our players but that's another argument.

Its not an "excuse". Its factual.

Even if we go back to big sales before admin, Cuellar, Hutton, Boumsong. All were terrible in England.

We need to sell somebody who goes onto be a success and then can start to build up on transfer fee's

the window hasn't finished yet, January has never been the best time to buy. However we did ok since January only reached a european final.
With not 1 player that was brought in making a tangible contribution to. Our January window and theirs played a large part in them winning league. They got players in that contributed. We got a crock (I would've went for it too tbf)academy player and 2 boys for future in Sands and the RB.

Weren't most of the loans debt for equity so they would not need to be paid back as such?

Things may have changed over the last 12-18 months but taking out money now at the expense of strengthening the team is short term thinking as it makes it less likely the club will be successful in Europe in the coming years which is where the club needs to be in order to have financial sustainability.

Buying a quality RW and Striker for say £3m each to make £30m in the UCL seems like less of a risk then doing nothing and failing to get that money.

It may be short term thinking, but that may be what they require to do. You do need to consider that covid may have bitten deep into the shareholders other businesses and now they find themselves having to create income to cover other aspects. Parks for instance have higher than expected labour, fuel and replacement viehicle costs. Those costs cant be covered by the value of equity.

I think we have to ask ourselves two questions. Are the shareholders Rangers fans? If so, what would be the reason why they don’t want to see as strong a Rangers team as possible on the pitch?

That hasn’t been said has it? Seriously?

A guy who was on the bench for their most important games by the end of the season? No players sitting in the bench for them or us is worth £8m never mind £18m.
I've not heard that one but it is silly season so maybe. If no bench players are worth even £8m, how much did we get for Patterson?

Even if we go back to big sales before admin, Cuellar, Hutton, Boumsong. All were terrible in England.

We need to sell somebody who goes onto be a success and then can start to build up on transfer fee's

I just don't buy it.

If Lionel Messi was playing with Rangers do you think an EPL scout would say ''Nah, not buying him. Hutton was sh*te for Spurs, so that means we can't trust what our eyes are telling us with this guy.''

It's mentalism.

There's zero doubt our players have attracted interest and bids over the last few seasons. We went 2 years unbeaten in Old Firm games and had 4 excellent seasons in Europe (that's the games scouts care about when assessing our players).

Wouldn't say its blinded anyone they won the league cause they won 27 out of 31 games since September. Simple really we only had ourselves to blame for not winning the league due to stupid points being dropped in games that should have been won due to not being clinical enough, questionable approaches in games by our manager and some poor refereeing decisions in games.

If the team had stagnated then surely you don't reach a European final with the same group of players?
It was the widely accepted criticism on here the majority of last season.
Europe is a different argument. Domestically we were poor all season really.

Do we?
My reading of the accounts is there is no cash. However the board made the statement that player sales cash would be reinvested in the playing squad. That’s a fact not an opinion.
If these guys don’t or won’t ‘invest‘ in the team then maybe they’ve done their bit and it’s time to move on. To whom or how isn’t up to a mere fan.
The teams that spend the most win trophies again fact not opinion (Leicester type wins are generational in leagues).
My point they’ve stated one thing and are now feeding the media with a very different narrative.
This is what's annoying me.

The first couple of seasons under Gerrard the club did all they could to find money and back the manager.

However, now we've got the official media partner continually tempering expectations and saying we should expect nothing.

Andy McGowan is saying we need to keep wages under 70 percent of turnover. Then seems to be saying we will keep cash in the bank to offset any issues in future years. Which is it?

This years accounts will likely see us post a record high turnover on account of Europe, commerical and transfer fees. brought in, so if we can't spend a bit now when can we.

Hopefully Patterson starts season well. Kenny left so only him n Coleman left for rb role and b4 injury Patterson was due 2 start nxt game anyway according 2 his interview b4 Scotland games

Not saying we spent £9m but some of the Patterson money would have funded what we done in January.
400k for the Polish boy , not even attempting to spell kids name. Ramsey we have been assured cost next to nothing apart from small in scheme of his massive wages contributions to wages. Sands loans fee. Couldn't tell you what that would be and loan fee for Diallo. If we've spent multi millions on loan fees then again questions need asked. They won't of course because mind that time we had to play Peterhead in league or other such memories from years ago.

I can see the logic of one thread for all transfer talk as it keeps the nonsense all in one place.
Although it seems to jump 10 pages every few hours so impossible to keep track just in case something has really happened.
Agreed, this thread has lost all value to most members. We need a thread that is transfer window rumours and deals only.

This is what's annoying me.

The first couple of seasons under Gerrard the club did all they could to find money and back the manager.

However, now we've got the official media partner continually tempering expectations and saying we should expect nothing.

Andy McGowan is saying we need to keep wages under 70 percent of turnover. Then seems to be saying we will keep cash in the bank to offset any issues in future years. Which is it?

This years accounts will likely see us post a record high turnover on account of Europe, commerical and transfer fees. brought in, so if we can't spend a bit now when can we.
We are obviously going to spend a bit, Colak offer isnt made up of beat wishes.

Turnover is irrelevant unless we have the ability to generate free cash flow/profit.

It was the widely accepted criticism on here the majority of last season.
Europe is a different argument. Domestically we were poor all season really.

It's not if this team has stagnated as everyone says it has then you don't go 3 rounds further in Europe or win a domestic cup something this group had failed to achieve.

Last season was more of a proper title race than we've saw for years. Some performances were horrific at times and if you go through the games we dropped points you could easily pick out the reasons why. We need a couple of fresh faces but this squad we have is a very good one that's capable of going and winning the league again next season.

400k for the Polish boy , not even attempting to spell kids name. Ramsey we have been assured cost next to nothing apart from small in scheme of his massive wages contributions to wages. Sands loans fee. Couldn't tell you what that would be and loan fee for Diallo. If we've spent multi millions on loan fees then again questions need asked. They won't of course because mind that time we had to play Peterhead in league or other such memories from years ago.
So all the players we added were free of charge to us. Good to know.

So all the players we added were free of charge to us. Good to know.
Where did I say that? Only player that came in on loan that we've been assured by ITK people cost us nothing but some wages was Ramsey. I literally say if the loan fees for players that contributed next to nothing cost us millions questions need asked.

It's not if this team has stagnated as everyone says it has then you don't go 3 rounds further in Europe or win a domestic cup something this group had failed to achieve.

Last season was more of a proper title race than we've saw for years. Some performances were horrific at times and if you go through the games we dropped points you could easily pick out the reasons why. We need a couple of fresh faces but this squad we have is a very good one that's capable of going and winning the league again next season.
Can you remember any spell domestically last season where we looked good? It was a game here or there if memory serves.

Where did I say that? Only player that came in on loan that we've been assured by ITK people cost us nothing but some wages was Ramsey. I literally say if the loan fees for players that contributed next to nothing cost us millions questions need asked.
So when we dont sign players it is terrible, when we do its bad, when we dont spend money its bad, when do its bad.

Its fair to say, you are f**king all over the place.

So when we dont sign players it is terrible, when we do its bad, when we dont spend money its bad, when do its bad.

Its fair to say, you are f**king all over the place.
What the feck are you talking about ?If we spent millions on 3 loan players 2 for just 6 months loans that done feck all we all meant to be fine with that? That's all I'm saying. I don't even think that's remotely controversial or mental thought.
I genuinely don't know if we did why I said if as another poster said that's where Patterson money or some of it went.

no matter what folk say it isn’t a great look that that lot have spent 20 million by the first of July . Can say that they had all the players at the club already except that new left back but I very much doubt if we had jota, maeda and Carter vickers at us last season we would not have had 20 mil to make them permanent no matter how good/bad the board thought they were

Maybe it was better way of spending our budget than overpaying for players?

Hoping if Aribo has a clause it kicks in today and he can be on the move quickly since he is expected to leave.

Being dictated to by PAOK is frustrating but we can't really let this drag when we're off to Portugal next week. He should be here by then, if we're going to be fucked about for weeks tell them to bolt and move on.

Maybe it was better way of spending our budget than overpaying for players?
Well considering they all contributed minimally to be kind , maybe not. I don't know if we spent millions on loan fees but if we did imo it would've been better spent on 1 decent quality permanent signing. Like Olsen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back