The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time will tell what we spent in January on all those players we took a gamble and bar Sands it didn't work out. If anyone thinks that Patterson money is in the account untouched then fair enough.
I don’t think is untouched. I highly doubt we’ve made much inroads to it on signings though. I think it’s likely gone back to director’s re loans. We will soon see when the accounts appear.

Hopefully now the turn of a new financial year we might be able to do a bit more, aribo needs to move on if he is soon as will give us time to move forward. A solid RW, Colak and a quality midfielder and were good to go if hes the only one to go

So because they have signed 2 players that were there last season, a back up goalie and a LB nobody knows we should be panicking? No thanks

Would rather wait a few weeks and see what we do if being honest

You seriously have no idea if we “have a few Bob” or not but you would rather act like a drama queen as per usual though

Novel idea, let’s wait until window closes to see if you should be wetting your breeks or not

They are literally one unknown LB up from last season, that’s it
I keep seeing this back up goalie chat - is Hart with them another year or is that Dun Utd keeper going to be their No.1?

Naturally dont follow their transfer activity apart from in this thread...

I was castigated on here, for saying my bit, basically we won't sign many to improve our 1st eleven.we get the board fanny's on here who give it but we were playing Stranraer a few yr ago. The board saved us.. wilson will come good I hope he does but tbh it doesn't look good atm, we have put one bid in for player, is he a starter or a squad player
It's not about celtic signing there loan players on a permanent basis but we need players in ASAP to let thrm bed in and get used to our style of play..
I'm sticking by my comment saying we will have 5 maybee 6m to spend including the wages and that money made by selling players won't go to improving the 1st eleven but to the running of the club
Let's get real here..posters think we will spend big when we had to do a fund raiser to help get money in to build the edminston house.. .. but I await the abuse from the staunch brigade
Its the 1st of july. There are still 4 weeks until the first game. Neither you, nor anyone else, knows definitively what will will spend. Chill and see what happens

Nobody is saying that but after the season we’ve had I refuse to believe or accept we don’t have a few Bob to spend

Our rivals are signing players which only adds to the frustration many are feeling with our lack of activity
You do realise they have a £15/20m advantage by winning the league ? They have resigned 3 players who were there last season, a back up goalie and a 21yo left back. Spent about £17m.
We resigned Goldson and Souttar arrived. Do you think they came for nothing?

I keep seeing this back up goalie chat - is Hart with them another year or is that Dun Utd keeper going to be their No.1?

Think he signed a reasonably long term deal when he signed for them. United keeper will be backup.

Say we sell Aribo for 10m and don’t spend this place would go mental after all we were told it would go back into the squad Zero of the Patterson money was used in January.

There is money there maybe just not the right player available?

This seems the most logical and realistic take. We’re simply not rushing into business.

There are probably first options that aren’t happening for whatever reason (wages, attraction of Scotland).

I understand the CL qualifiers. But one of our biggest mistakes for decades, has been giving out long-term contracts to non-contributors. I’d rather a little more diligence and prudence.

I see Celtic have consolidated a loan signing, that will have the tena lady's needing wrung out and reused on here today.
We’re really trying to twist the narrative to suit now.

They’ve nailed down a player who did well for them last year.

I don’t remember the same reaction when we did the same with Hagi a couple of years back.

We need to strengthen ourselves and not try and hang on to comfort blankets that we twist to suit us.

Well if a good part of it was spent on loan fees for what we brought in , in January. Like poster I was replying to says that. A complete waste with jury out on Sands.
No chance we spent the best part of £15 million or whatever it was on loan fees :D

Ross Wilson has not wasted that money already so that’s a ridiculous argument really.

Aye its all Ross Wilsons fault
Who are we blaming then?
If a good % was spent on what he got in, in January it's complete waste of money.If we got that January window right we win the league. We didn't if we also wasted millions of Patterson fee well that's another feck up on top. No amount of laughing likes from board fluffers will change that.

For quite some time as it seems some are willing to completely forgot about it.

Just to note, the catering deal that just ended was a Green deal that give us very little - an example that we are still dealing with those years directly.

Our directors/investors front-loaded their investment. It wasn’t going to continue.
Correct.

Some people just don’t seem to have the brians to comprehend how huge 55 was for us and how we had to front load to get it and stop their “the 10”. It was laid out what we would need to do and it happened exactly as we planned.

However the fact is that can’t go on forever. After years on the spin of being £20 million or so down each season, we will finally break even on the next accounts. As much as that may “bore” some, that’s the most important thing at our club. No ifs or buts or maybes.

This doesn’t mean we won’t buy and sign players. We are correctly showing prudence.

If we get some cash in for Katic, Simpson, Helander, and find clubs for Middleton, Ofoborth etc it frees up slots. From the grapevine it sounds like Aribo may also go for £10.

GVB will use the cash smartly and bring in 3/4 players, Colack being the first.

Even the most negative, moany bear on here couldn’t complain if we look something like this for the coming season (2 for each position)

Mclaughlin
Mcgregor

Tavernier/Zurawski

Bassey/Barasic

Goldson/Souttar/New towering CH/King

Jack/Lundstram

Davis/Lowery/Kamara/Arfield/New exciting ACM

Kent/Hagi/Sakala/Wright/New excellent Rapid RW

Morelos/Colack/Roofe

Who wouldn’t be happy with that? And it would be three new quality players with the income we get from player sales.

We’re really trying to twist the narrative to suit now.

They’ve nailed down a player who did well for them last year.

I don’t remember the same reaction when we did the same with Hagi a couple of years back.

We need to strengthen ourselves and not try and hang on to comfort blankets that we twist to suit us.

Indeed. When we signed Hagi it was ''great deal, young player who's only going to get better''. Same with Kent.

But it doesn't work the other way, because the happy clappers like to bury their heads in the sand.

Am I the only one who'd be delighted going into the CL qualifiers with the squad we have right now?
Surely Europa League finalists, boosted by the return of some injured players, will have a more than decent chance of getting us to the promised land of the CL groups as opposed to selling some our better players right now?
Once we get there, then we can sell them - if they still want to leave that is.
And, IF we get there, then the cash that brings with it can improve what we already have.
Win win!

Who are we blaming then?
If a good % was spent on what he got in, in January it's complete waste of time.If we got that January window right we win the league. We didn't if we also wasted millions of Patterson fee Well that's another feck up on top. No amount of laughing likes from board fluffers will change that.
Do you think Ross Wilson makes his own budget up? If so you’re absolutely mental and don’t understand how football clubs work. You’re also mental if you seriously think we spent the Gerrard money and the Patterson money on loan fees in January.

Am I the only one who'd be delighted going into the CL qualifiers with the squad we have right now?
Surely Europa League finalists, boosted by the return of some injured players, will have a more than decent chance of getting us to the promised land of the CL groups as opposed to selling some our better players right now?
Once we get there, then we can sell them - if they still want to leave that is.
And, IF we get there, then the cash that brings with it can improve what we already have.
Win win!
I think similar tbh especially if Alfredo is fit but we do need to strengthen the team. I don’t think we’re desperate to get signings in prior to the qualifiers as we’re already in a better position than we were last season. We do need to freshen up though and bring some players in whilst some will leave.

No chance we spent the best part of £15 million or whatever it was on loan fees :D

Ross Wilson has not wasted that money already so that’s a ridiculous argument really.
I never said he did was replying to poster that said Patterson money has partly went to that. I have no clue what loan fees we paid.

Do you think Ross Wilson makes his own budget up? If so you’re absolutely mental and don’t understand how football clubs work. You’re also mental if you seriously think we spent the Gerrard money and the Patterson money on loan fees in January.
Again I was replying to poster that said Patterson cash had went to that. Obviously not all of it. Wilson sourced those players and not new management team imo. But again like so many at a senior level people want to absolve him of all blame.

Mate if you don’t like it, dont open the thread.

These type of posts are far worse than the debates regarding our current situation.
Mate for me there are to many of the other mob getting the chance to comment and then when it is just us there is too much arguments for my liking. Far to many people forget where this club has been and forget the days of signing Ian Black. Yes the squad needs refreshed but we need to work to our finances and if people are going to slate the board for that then take it else where.

They stated that the model is player sales reinvesting in the player squad. I’m asking where the Patterson cash is? That’s £8m to spend? Directors have a fiduciary duty to not mislead the share holders. Is what’s been said breaking the law that’s a question for a lawyer mate
What's misleading about that? Have we spent it all yet? Would you rather it was spent for the sake of it being spent?

Investing in the squad will include new player contracts as well as new signings. Let's wait and see what investment there is in the squad in the comings days.

Indeed. When we signed Hagi it was ''great deal, young player who's only going to get better''. Same with Kent.

But it doesn't work the other way, because the happy clappers like to bury their heads in the sand.

We've developed Kent into a better player yet very little bids. He's now out of contract next summer.

Hagi hasn't really had the opportunity due to injuries - talented player on his day, fairly inconsistent.

Bassey's rise over a 6 month period was outstanding.

Kamara has improved, he's now on a long term contract.

Aribo and Morelos falls under the Kent category (Morelos bar the bid part). Again, out of contract next summer.

We need a sale or two.

A good amount of it. So not all then , yes?
Your first sentence suggests it was all wasted and then you suggest a good amount of it has been wasted. Both are just mental as eachother tbh there’s no way we spent “a good amount” of £15 million or whatever it was on the January loans.

Is there a list of players that we’re looking at or looking to sell?

Would be handy to have that pinned and updated each day, instead of scrolling through pages of waffle.

Hart was a permanent signing last summer on a 3 year deal, so Siegrist will be backup/cup goalkeeper.

At least it stops him playing like he’s prime Dino Zoff against us and chucking the ball in the net when he plays Them.

Who are we blaming then?
If a good % was spent on what he got in, in January it's complete waste of money.If we got that January window right we win the league. We didn't if we also wasted millions of Patterson fee well that's another feck up on top. No amount of laughing likes from board fluffers will change that.

Wilson is working with the budget he's given by the board his hands are tied and some of the Patterson money would have been given to him to get the loan deals done. The reason we didn't win the league was down to our managers approach to games, individual mistakes or not being clinical enough in the games we dropped points in. Also they won 27 of their 31 games that's what won them the league so we could have spent all the money we took in and still not have won the league hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back