The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've googled it and the majority are reporting it as 12m with 4m add ons. Where did you read about 3m being paid in installments?
In all fairness, why does it matter if there is an agreement to receive some of the fee in installments?
That'll only effect the reporting year. It's £12M guaranteed income (unless Everton go bust), and that guaranteed figure can be budgeted for however the board see fit.

Were scouting Oscar Gloukh according to msm but tel aviv have meant to been asking for 8mil for a 18year "superkid" sorry if already been posted had too many paged to look through and alot of arguments n nonsense- also this scouting rumour could be nonsense but a rumour none the less

It’s absolutely like it, in the sense of transfers which is what I’m referencing. There’s little activity and what activity there is, is underwhelming at best. Slow and ponderous.

Signing Goldson up is a decent start yeah. Maeda is better than Sakala which is the like for like in their squad and ours. Issue is, they’re the team on top at the moment, so we’re the ones who really need to be strengthening. At the bare minimum, we need another good CB option, a quality 8 and a quality RW. We’ve needed the latter two for 4/5 windows now though and haven’t got them so I don’t hold out much hope.

We've got loads of centre back options we need to move some on before we even think of adding another. We do need a right winger and Gerrard didn't use wingers hence why he never really signed any.

Trying so hard not to bite in this thread, but of all the ludicrous statements on here this one really is right up there.

If what you are suggesting here is that our monthly management accounts are materially different from the figures in our published accounts then someone with your 'background & experience' would be well aware of the reason why it would not be possible for us to produce an unqualified set of annual accounts each year.

I've actually had you on ignore, however i'll take you off for the time being if you would like to respond..

Part of me hopes you don't. But another part of me really hopes that you do.
No mate I’m not suggesting the management accounts are different. The annual accounts are historical to see the real or true picture you need to review the post balance sheet accounts these will be given to the companies bankers and the board. If you look at only annual accounts you are looking at data that’s months old and has less validity.

If you don’t believe what I did for a living that’s up to you. What do you do mate?

We've got loads of centre back options we need to move some on before we even think of adding another. We do need a right winger and Gerrard didn't use wingers hence why he never really signed any.
We’ve very little CB options that you’d trust though.

Realistically we have Goldson, Souttar and Bassey.

Bassey should be used at LB moving forward ideally, and Souttar is injury prone and yet to deliver in a Rangers jersey (albeit I’m confident he will when fit).

Helander is good enough but can’t see him being fit enough to play consistently and the rest either aren’t CB’s, or aren’t good enough.

I’m discounting Leon King from all the above on the basis I don’t think we can be relying on an 18 year old for 25/30 games at this stage.

Thats how it was reported pretty much everywhere.

£9m upfront, £3m in installments and £4m in add ons.

Where you made up the £8m from? Same place as the illegal board statement?
Who said illegal? It was reported as £8m but it’s mute point it’s not been spent

Anyway is anything happening today. Are we watching the Airport & Flight Radar. Are there any private flights due from Holland or any where else there may be a C/F or R/W looking for a club at the moment.

This Oscar Gloukh guy we’ve been linked with seems very highly rated. The type of first team signing we should be making. Looking online he’s an attacking midfielder, could possibly be an aribo replacement? Only 18 year old but if they’re looking for £8 million then that won’t happen but depending on how highly rated he is we might push the boat out.

You did.

You said they broke the law by making false statements.

Breaking the law by default is illegal.
This is pointless I said that directors cannot issue statements that aren’t accurate I don’t know if saying player sales money will be used solely for player reinvestment and then not doing so is illegal. There are many things a director can say which is illegal

It’s absolutely like it, in the sense of transfers which is what I’m referencing. There’s little activity and what activity there is, is underwhelming at best. Slow and ponderous.

Signing Goldson up is a decent start yeah. Maeda is better than Sakala which is the like for like in their squad and ours. Issue is, they’re the team on top at the moment, so we’re the ones who really need to be strengthening. At the bare minimum, we need another good CB option, a quality 8 and a quality RW. We’ve needed the latter two for 4/5 windows now though and haven’t got them so I don’t hold out much hope.
Maeda is a fast runner that’s it.

No way I’d swap Sakala for him.

Were scouting Oscar Gloukh according to msm but tel aviv have meant to been asking for 8mil for a 18year "superkid" sorry if already been posted had too many paged to look through and alot of arguments n nonsense- also this scouting rumour could be nonsense but a rumour none the less
This was brought up a couple of days ago, absolutely no chance.

There’s no much between the sqauds but their strengthening and will continue to spend

They’ve now spent around £45m since the fat Aussie came, Lennon spent about £40m before him

Yet the 2 sides have never been so evenly matched for years

We were the ones who were supposedly needing to spend “around £100m to catch them” not so long ago

We need a few bodies in, I believe we will do that

No need to panic just yet imo

This is pointless I said that directors cannot issue statements that aren’t accurate I don’t know if saying player sales money will be used solely for player reinvestment and then not doing so is illegal. There are many things a director can say which is illegal
You accused them of issuing false statements.

At least own it

Worrying that the extent of our targets is someone who scored against us last August, where’s the targets our scouts have been watching all season? Fans need a lift
How do you know they didn’t watch him the rest of the season after that performance? He scored 14 goals in 26 games to fire Malmo to the title.

I tend to agree with your final para but, for me, however much, or little, we do will be driven by Aribo, Kent and Morelos.
The decisions we make on these three players are the most important things for the remainder of this transfer window.
That follows the decision to extend Goldson's contract, and remove a focus of having to replace him.

The next decision will be driven by Bassey. With two years remaining on his contract, it would be desirable to have his future determined soon. Either sell now at a premium, or extend his deal with a view to delaying that sale.

Beyond that there will be a plan for incomings, based on current budget, and also based on potential budget depending on the decisions above.

Then, there will be a an ongoing plan to trim the squad of players, both from a perspective of them being surplus to requirements, or poor value for money (wages not representing true value on the pitch).

I've deliberately ordered these in what I would stack as priority.
That's why I'm rather calm on lack of incoming activity. I'd rather hear of news regarding extensions or offers for Morelos, Kent, Aribo and Bassey. This will shape the next actions in the window.

I think he was linked with us during Gerrards time. I'm probably wrong but sure we were linked with Croatian striker Gerrard 1st or 2nd season. Sure it was him.
That was the other lad from Osijek, we do have history of signing players that do well against us.

Barisic and the other boy from Osijek both played well against us in Europe, and we tried to sign them.

Barisic we got obviously.

Reactions: DJT
That was the other lad from Osijek, we do have history of signing players that do well against us.

Barisic and the other boy from Osijek both played well against us in Europe, and we tried to sign them.

Barisic we got obviously.
Grezda?

Not so much the players but the lift it gives the squad. Like last season we started well enough but there was a malaise feeling to our play and it cost us the champions league imo. I know the staggered return of players didn’t help either but we cannot let this pass again.

Thats my point, there is a concern if we don’t get the players in before the qualifiers we are in trouble, there is actually no real consistent evidence to suggest thats the case.

No, if we lose/sell Kent, Aribo and Alfredo and not replace then we probably have a problem, as it stands, they are all here.

Was is Laudrup and Boli we signed the year we were knocked out by AEK?

People saying they would be happy going into qualifiers with squad as it is, we’ve been needing a refresh for a good few years but still largely the same 11 each week bar lundstrum, even at amateur fitba level new players coming in lifts the mood training etc the place has become stale it needs new blood

They’ve now spent around £45m since the fat Aussie came, Lennon spent about £40m before him
Whilst I agree with the point of your post and in no way want to talk them up, the key thing to look at is net spend. They can spend more because they’re selling players, their net spend isn’t £45m.

RANGERS are scouting Israeli superkid Oscar Gloukh but Maccabi Tel Aviv have immediately stuck a £8 million price tag on the 18-year-old playmaker.

Gloukh helped his country to a surprise run in the European Under 19s Championships where they reached tonight's final against England.

And scouts from Rangers were watching him in Israel's 2-1 semi-final win against France at Dunajska Streda in Slovakia this week with local reports claiming Giovanni van Bronckhorst'sside are leading the way to sign Gloukh, who only made his debut last season.

However, the Tel Aviv club have made it clear they are in no rush to sell their highly-rated young talent, who only signed a two-year contract earlier this year and they are already trying to persuade him to extend it.

Maccabi Tel Aviv manager Vladimir Ivic stated: "We do not want to sell him and we are currently trying to get him to sign a new contract for another four years.

"He wouldn't be sold unless a team offered £8 million for him.

Shameless as ever from the sun. They’ve taken that from Heart and Hands transfer pod. One of the podders lives in Tel Aviv and he reported this last Friday :))

People saying they would be happy going into qualifiers with squad as it is, we’ve been needing a refresh for a good few years but still largely the same 11 each week bar lundstrum, even at amateur fitba level new players coming in lifts the mood training etc the place has become stale it needs new blood
We do need freshened up and the league last season showed that imo but this squad has been one of our most successful in Europe ever. It’s not mental to suggest we’ll get through the qualifiers with this squad and i believe we will.

Whilst I agree with the point of your post and in no way want to talk them up, the key thing to look at is net spend. They can spend more because they’re selling players, their net spend isn’t £45m.
In fact, thus far, this is the only season they have had a net spend since Gerrard became Rangers manager. We, on the other hand, had a net spend of approximately 30 million until this year.

The decisions we make on these three players are the most important things for the remainder of this transfer window.
That follows the decision to extend Goldson's contract, and remove a focus of having to replace him.

The next decision will be driven by Bassey. With two years remaining on his contract, it would be desirable to have his future determined soon. Either sell now at a premium, or extend his deal with a view to delaying that sale.

Beyond that there will be a plan for incomings, based on current budget, and also based on potential budget depending on the decisions above.

Then, there will be a an ongoing plan to trim the squad of players, both from a perspective of them being surplus to requirements, or poor value for money (wages not representing true value on the pitch).

I've deliberately ordered these in what I would stack as priority.
That's why I'm rather calm on lack of incoming activity. I'd rather hear of news regarding extensions or offers for Morelos, Kent, Aribo and Bassey. This will shape the next actions in the window.
Generally in agreement with most of what you've put there mate. However, regards your opening line I don't think its 'the decisions WE make' but, rather, 'the decisions the PLAYERS make'. Its in their hands. If they choose to run down their contracts there is nothing we can do to force them out. Throwing out deadlines to sign new contracts carries the potential to simply alienate them and point them in the direction of leaving for free.

I'm not suggesting that's what any of them want to do by the way, simply illustrating that it is, largely, in their hands. All we can do is offer the contract we think they are worth/we can afford.

Last edited:
In fact, thus far, this is the only season they have had a net spend since Gerrard became Rangers manager. We, on the other hand, had a net spend of approximately 30 million until this year.
They’ve had a big head start on us with having no competition and a free run for CL football. As well as more sellable assets but it’s time we started selling players too and become self sufficient. Obviously hate them but they have got the right ideas with this kind of thing.

It’s true but the board don’t have the finances to keep up with them unless we sell players

“The board” don’t have the finances? Are you meaning a rich benefactor or do you mean the club?

They had and have had cash in the bank as a result of decent trading and a free run for most of the last 10years. The CL income means they don’t have to sell and can still build. They have now committed to spending £20m, £16m of which was on players already at the club.

The board have had to literally rebuild the business and that takes a considerable amount of time.

In respect of “keeping up” with them - I would fancy our chances if both squads started as is next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back