The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
All will be forgiven when rangers announce new deals for Alfie, Kent and Bassey to take the steam away the pile of dung we having to endure surrounding George Michael finally signing.

Am I the only one who'd be delighted going into the CL qualifiers with the squad we have right now?
Surely Europa League finalists, boosted by the return of some injured players, will have a more than decent chance of getting us to the promised land of the CL groups as opposed to selling some our better players right now?
Once we get there, then we can sell them - if they still want to leave that is.
And, IF we get there, then the cash that brings with it can improve what we already have.
Win win!

I wouldn't say delighted as such, but comfortable enough. The draw could be a howler, say Monaco then the winner of the PSV tie, or end up Sturm Graz and an unseeded team knocking out a strong one and putting us in a favourable position. Either way, we can have some confidence in the squad we have right now to at least be competitive.

I don't believe any signing we can realistically make would raise our overall level dramatically, so that might explain why I feel that way as compared to others. We can improve, but I don't think it will be by loads if we do.

Who are we blaming then?
If a good % was spent on what he got in, in January it's complete waste of money.If we got that January window right we win the league. We didn't if we also wasted millions of Patterson fee well that's another feck up on top. No amount of laughing likes from board fluffers will change that.
Says it all about you really doesn't it.

Just let your mind rest and know we didn’t spend the majority of that money on loan fees
I never thought we did. But you knock yourself out thinking I did. We will have spent some of it on that. Possibly a few million and it was a waste of cash as the contribution from those players was practically zero

We’re really trying to twist the narrative to suit now.

They’ve nailed down a player who did well for them last year.

I don’t remember the same reaction when we did the same with Hagi a couple of years back.

We need to strengthen ourselves and not try and hang on to comfort blankets that we twist to suit us.
It’s pointless arguing it mate. We have a section of our support who simply can’t accept when they do something positive, yet would be creaming themselves into oblivion if the shoe was on the other foot.

At the end of the day, Jota and CCV are two very good signings for them, who both contributed heavily to them winning the league last year.

The best outcome for us with both of them was they’d played themselves out of a permanent move back there but they’ve paid decent money for both of them and got them back regardless.

We really need to get our arse in gear and ensure this summer doesn’t equal last summer with regards to sleeping at the wheel in the transfer market.

We’ve certainly not started well in that regard, and time is ticking.

I wouldn't say delighted as such, but comfortable enough. The draw could be a howler, say Monaco then the winner of the PSV tie, or end up Sturm Graz and an unseeded team knocking out a strong one and putting us in a favourable position. Either way, we can have some confidence in the squad we have right now to at least be competitive.

I don't believe any signing we can realistically make would raise our overall level dramatically, so that might explain why I feel that way as compared to others. We can improve, but I don't think it will be by loads if we do.

We could potentially be starting Arfield, Sakala and Wright in CL qualifiers.

If there aren't better players out there than those three then we've got problems.

Did it ever occur to anyone before blaming the board, Wilson etc etc and throwing a hissy fit that perhaps the club are working on deals in the background, but we need to be financially prudent and spend what is a sensible amount of money for us, on the right player? And that / those players clubs are in no rush to sell?

The market has changed massively and the new fair play rules have to be considered as well, so shelling out more than a players worth could be detrimental to us in more ways than one as far as maximising return.

I know half of you would prefer we just spunk it all on a name right now so you're happy, but the club should be run prudently and we should maximise the players we do get in with the money we have?

I've never seen as much mental in one thread before.

Last edited:
We really should have had a few key signings bedding in by now. Some new contracts dished out too. I don't want another repeat of last summer or January with Ramsey and Diallo coming in at the death and contributing feck all.

Get the finger oot Rangers!

It’s pointless arguing it mate. We have a section of our support who simply can’t accept when they do something positive, yet would be creaming themselves into oblivion if the shoe was on the other foot.

At the end of the day, Jota and CCV are two very good signings for them, who both contributed heavily to them winning the league last year.

The best outcome for us with both of them was they’d played themselves out of a permanent move back there but they’ve paid decent money for both of them and got them back regardless.

We really need to get our arse in gear and ensure this summer doesn’t equal last summer with regards to sleeping at the wheel in the transfer market.

It’s now July and the season starts in four weeks. We should have had at least a couple of signings in now in time for the pre-season training camp in Portugal.

We absolutely are sleeping at the wheel as things stand.

I'd be quite happy with two further signings this window. We don't need a total overhaul.
We definitely require a right sided attacker who can chip in with the goals that Kent doesn't. We need a back up striker who can fill in for Alfie as required.
We have signed Souttar, we have Lowry ready to break through, so another couple of bodies will be sufficient IMHO.

We really should have had a few key signings bedding in by now. Some new contracts dished out too. I don't want another repeat of last summer or January with Ramsey and Diallo coming in at the death and contributing feck all.

Get the finger oot Rangers!
How can we force players to sign new contracts?

Haven’t commented on this thread so far. Now that it’s finally July I must say we should have had a couple of key signings in by now. Very surprised we haven’t. I would have thought we would have had a couple of first team starters identified beforehand.

Doesn’t help we have so many key players nearing the end of their contracts.

Can’t have a repeat of last preseason.

Really need to get the finger out.

It’s now July and the season starts in four weeks. We should have had at least a couple of signings in now in time for the pre-season training camp in Portugal.

We absolutely are sleeping at the wheel as things stand.
Absolutely. It’s like last summer all over again.

Thats how it was reported pretty much everywhere.

£9m upfront, £3m in installments and £4m in add ons.

Where you made up the £8m from? Same place as the illegal board statement?
I've googled it and the majority are reporting it as 12m with 4m add ons. Where did you read about 3m being paid in installments?

So us getting Goldson signed up again for example isn't a good start? Us signing Goldson back up is pretty much the same as them paying to keep Carter-Vickers. They've paid to keep 2 key players for them but they've also paid to keep Maeda is he really better than anything we have? Siegrist is a back up goalie and I don't know anything about the left back

Reality is though there isn't much between the sides at all as it stands and we've clearly still got business to do.

Did it ever occur to anyone before blaming the board, Wilson etc etc and throwing a hissy fit that perhaps the club are working on deals in the background, but we need to be financially prudent and spend what is a sensible amount of money for us, on the right player? And that / those players clubs are in no rush to sell?

The market has changed massively and the new fair play rules have to be considered as well, so shelling out more than a players worth could be detrimental to us in more ways than one as far as maximising return.

I know half of you would prefer we just spunk it all on a name right now so you're happy, but the club should be run prudently and we should maximise the players we do get in with the money we have?

I've never seen as much mental in one thread before.
And this Is the sensible version of the thread.

It's nothing like it.

The preparation for Malmo was hampered due to Covid, injuries, the Euros, suspensions and a frustrated and distracted manager. None of these are factors this summer.

We will be much better prepared for the qualifiers under Gio.
Our starting eleven needs to be freshened up and improved. Souttar and Colak (if he signs) do not do that. People can bang on that the window ends in two months. The league season starts in four weeks and every single point counts. We cannot go into that opening game underprepared or be caught short (again) in the CL qualifiers. Season after season we rely on the exact same group of players to go to the well 50 or 60 games a season and there comes a point where that needs to be significantly freshened up.

We should have had at least one or two quality additions in for the pre-season camp coming up this week.

We could potentially be starting Arfield, Sakala and Wright in CL qualifiers.

If there aren't better players out there than those three then we've got problems.

Alternatively we could be lining up with Aribo or his replacement, Colak and a new RW. The CL qualifiers are over 4 weeks away.

Jeez, I've only just logged in and read the last couple of pages. We have an accusation of the Board breaking the law and another questioning if the Board Members are Rangers fans - because they haven't put enough money in.:eek:

There was a time when the 'madness' of FollowFollow was mildly amusing - even if it did mean laughing at the bampottery of fellow Bears - but we've gone way beyond that now. Its become quite sad.
We are truly through the looking glass. It doesn’t help when we have people pretending to be bears posting to rabble rouse and cause discourse. There has to be some way we can charge a tenner a year , give the money to erskine, to keep these mendicants off the board. The yahoo might be willing to pay the tenner but they won’t pay it if they know the money is going to erskine.

Back on track I’m confident in Wilson and GVB I see no panic, 5 or 6 will leave, 2 or 3 will come in. Quality over quantity and no need to spend a fortune. Colack, an excellent left sided CH, and a speedy RW with excellent end product and we are set.

We are obviously going to spend a bit, Colak offer isnt made up of beat wishes.

Turnover is irrelevant unless we have the ability to generate free cash flow/profit.
Come on mate 2m quid. We got 1.5m from itten departure alone.

Board have consistently said they don't budget for Europe and any sales go back into the team. Do you seriously not think there should be cash there to improve the 1st team?

I've googled it and the majority are reporting it as 12m with 4m add ons. Where did you read about 3m being paid in installments?
It was £9m upfront with another £3m in guaranteed instalments. The remaining £4m in add one was dependent on various other factors and so isn’t guaranteed.

Board have consistently said they don't budget for Europe and any sales go back into the team. Do you seriously not think there should be cash there to improve the 1st team?
Who says there isnt?

A group of greeting faced folk moaning because we havent spent £10m in the first few weeks?

Our starting eleven needs to be freshened up and improved. Souttar and Colak (if he signs) do not do that. People can bang on that the window ends in two months. The league season starts in four weeks and every single point counts. We cannot go into that opening game underprepared or be caught short (again) in the CL qualifiers. Season after season we rely on the exact same group of players to go to the well 50 or 60 games a season and there comes a point where that needs to be significantly freshened up.

We should have had at least one or two quality additions in for the pre-season camp coming up this week.
I agree the side needs freshened up. I disagreed this summer is "exactly like last summer". It isn't for the reasons stated.

We are truly through the looking glass. It doesn’t help when we have people pretending to be bears posting to rabble rouse and cause discourse. There has to be some way we can charge a tenner a year , give the money to erskine, to keep these mendicants off the board. The yahoo might be willing to pay the tenner but they won’t pay it if they know the money is going to erskine.

Back on track I’m confident in Wilson and GVB I see no panic, 5 or 6 will leave, 2 or 3 will come in. Quality over quantity and no need to spend a fortune. Colack, an excellent left sided CH, and a speedy RW, and we are set.
We might have a few interlopers but most of the madness I'm reading is from posters who are, genuinely, Bears. The two points I mentioned made my jaw drop.

I tend to agree with your final para but, for me, however much, or little, we do will be driven by Aribo, Kent and Morelos. There's money there without any of them going, I believe, but little point spending money on backups if it subsequently turns out 1 or more of them want to leave and we need every penny we can get for replacements. 1 or more of them goes and our whole transfer strategy changes. I agree Colak will be a good signing, whichever route we go down.

We've spent over £11m since King left on transfer fee's, that's excluding the substantial loan fee's and signing on fee's we'll have paid for the likes of Lundstram.

Barely a penny.
That lots spent that on two players if we want to keep up with them we must spend money

What can we do about PAOK accepting our offer but insisting on waiting until they have a replacement? Send someone round to knock %^*& out of them? Just pay over the odds and hope they change their mind, meaning less money for other transfers by way of funds as well as the new fair play regulations which really hit us?

Last edited:
It's nothing like it.

The preparation for Malmo was hampered due to Covid, injuries, the Euros, suspensions and a frustrated and distracted manager. None of these are factors this summer.

We will be much better prepared for the qualifiers under Gio.
It’s absolutely like it, in the sense of transfers which is what I’m referencing. There’s little activity and what activity there is, is underwhelming at best. Slow and ponderous.
So us getting Goldson signed up again for example isn't a good start? Us signing Goldson back up is pretty much the same as them paying to keep Carter-Vickers. They've paid to keep 2 key players for them but they've also paid to keep Maeda is he really better than anything we have? Siegrist is a back up goalie and I don't know anything about the left back

Reality is though there isn't much between the sides at all as it stands and we've clearly still got business to do.
Signing Goldson up is a decent start yeah. Maeda is better than Sakala which is the like for like in their squad and ours. Issue is, they’re the team on top at the moment, so we’re the ones who really need to be strengthening. At the bare minimum, we need another good CB option, a quality 8 and a quality RW. We’ve needed the latter two for 4/5 windows now though and haven’t got them so I don’t hold out much hope.

We do budget for Europe though reaching the Group stage of the Europa is minimum requirement to allow the club to run at a break even model.

Worrying that the extent of our targets is someone who scored against us last August, where’s the targets our scouts have been watching all season? Fans need a lift
We've been scouting him since 2019 the fact he played against us is coincidence

That should be a banning offence tbh.
I really don't envy admin having to deal with this thread. There are clearly a good few accounts on here though who's sole purpose is to antagonise anyone & everyone that they can.

The thread has been consistently derailed by it. Page after page, day after day.

I've been telling myself ever since the last thread was chopped don't rise to it.. stay calm, put them on ignore.. But when you see it so blatantly it really is so fckn difficult to do.

I actually seen someone post that people defending the board was getting so tiresome.. The one's instigating it saying it's tiresome!!! The one's creating it, pushing it, complaining that it's tiresome!!!

The ironic thing is that is one thing we could all agree on on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back