The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not what i asked you though.

If he offered us alot more next season would you go with him or Lowry?
I should answer your made up scenario that even you can't answer? I did give my opinion on it.

The data suggests we won't get much from a 'wunderkind' signing, we never do.

So I would go with Lowry, give this kid a miss.

I know there is loads of chat about Aribo but unfortunately I would not be surprised if he stays and leaves for free next summer. I would rather he was sold sooner rather than later.
What if he stays and is instrumental in us winning a treble and having another good showing in Europe?

It’s seems a bit crazy that we’ve agreed a fee and personal terms with Colak yet PAOK keep playing him, call me old fashioned.

I get that, but from the other side of things, it'll be easier to sell him if he's fit, and they've said they only have 2 strikers.

We had no intention of keeping Jones or Middleton around last season yet used them in friendlies. Just having the player available to throw on and not have to overwork someone is often what clubs will do.

What if he stays and is instrumental in us winning a treble and having another good showing in Europe?
That would be excellent yeah. I would prefer 10mil now and get someone else in who hopefully also contributes lots to a successful season though. We dont want to let top talent leave for free.

I get that, but from the other side of things, it'll be easier to sell him if he's fit, and they've said they only have 2 strikers.

We had no intention of keeping Jones or Middleton around last season yet used them in friendlies. Just having the player available to throw on and not have to overwork someone is often what clubs will do.
FWIW I've always found the remarks that they'd have no strikers left a bit weird.

They have 7 strikers in their squad.

FWIW I've always found the remarks that they'd have no strikers left a bit weird.

They have 7 strikers in their squad.

I don't know how they rate any of them.

If we were offered big cash for Kent just before the qualifiers, would any of our fans be happy if the club said "yeah, don't worry, we've got Middleton, McPake, Sakala, Wright, Kai Kennedy and Kyle McCausland, we're well stocked"?

It seems Čolak is ahead of most of the strikers they have.

I dont think a fee has been agreed based on the fact he's still playing for them.
Think there has been a fee agreed but boils down to them being down to 1 senior ST if he goes, PAOK need to get there finger out and sign someone cause this waiting is getting ridiculous.

I think Aribo is definitely off. Other 2 I think at least 1 will sign. Much like Goldson last season you need to weigh up if they're worth more to us than what we would get. No Goldson no Seville imo.
The player that would be a loss if he left for nothing is actually Ryan Kent, because he was a major outlay, and in my opinion, it would be nice to recoup it at the very least.

However, Morelos and Aribo came to us for very modest sums and if they were to leave having run their contracts down, whilst it might be a bit disappointing as both are worth decent money, nonetheless they would still have been good business for the club.

The only problem is if they didn't perform to safeguard themselves in their final season.
However, if the players are happy members of a squad and they like the club and they feel loyalty to their teammates, I don't believe this becomes a problem.
Goldson was fiercely determined to play for the fans, the club, and his mates.
The Filth players like Dembele etc (can't remember all their names) were not.

We have Morelos, Kent, Bassey, Kamara and Aribo who are all better than anything they have. Our player trading model is just about to begin.

They are but we need to kick start this model and soon.

Right now, we have absolutely nothing to convince players they can come here and get a move to a bigger league. It's no surprise someone like Doekhi chose the Bundesliga.

We'll improve them. We'll give them a platform to play big matches but until we start flipping these guys for serious money we'll struggle to persuade players to trust us with their careers.

I don't know how they rate any of them.

If we were offered big cash for Kent just before the qualifiers, would any of our fans be happy if the club said "yeah, don't worry, we've got Middleton, McPake, Sakala, Wright, Kai Kennedy and Kyle McCausland, we're well stocked"?

It seems Čolak is ahead of most of the strikers they have.

Kyle McCausland left in 2014 or 15 and was last playing for cummock juniors?

I know Ross Wilson is having a nightmare but we’re surely not picking up players from the juniors looking for the next Ian wright ?!

FVM4hbtWQAENteD.jpg

They are but we need to kick start this model and soon.

Right now, we have absolutely nothing to convince players they can come here and get a move to a bigger league. It's no surprise someone like Doekhi chose the Bundesliga.

We'll improve them. We'll give them a platform to play big matches but until we start flipping these guys for serious money we'll struggle to persuade players to trust us with their careers.

I do agree SDF, but there is a big part of that which is out with our control.

We might be sitting here in two weeks & it’s up & running.

It’s seems a bit crazy that we’ve agreed a fee and personal terms with Colak yet PAOK keep playing him, call me old fashioned.

I would fully expect the player to ask the manager not to select him, especially if a bid has been accepted and he wants to join us.

Common sense really with the risk of an injury then impacting the deal.

Doesn't seem right to me...

That would be excellent yeah. I would prefer 10mil now and get someone else in who hopefully also contributes lots to a successful season though. We dont want to let top talent leave for free.
I agree, ideally, you bring players in for modest sums and sell them for good money, having given the players a platform to establish themselves and an environment where they have flourished as men and enjoyed their experience.
Let's hope this occurs, but at the moment I like the squad and I would also be happy if key players like Morelos and Aribo signed extensions.
One more season please then the big money moves.

Other way to look at it is he’s getting match fit with PAOK and will be somewhat ready when he joins us.

He won’t be far behind the rest of the squad in terms of preseason.
Doesn't makes sense to keep him to play friendlies....
Maybe they are keeping him to play in their Europa Conference tie?

I agree, ideally, you bring players in for modest sums and sell them for good money, having given the players a platform to establish themselves and an environment where they have flourished as men and enjoyed their experience.
Let's hope this occurs, but at the moment I like the squad and I would also be happy if key players like Morelos and Aribo signed extensions.
One more season please then the big money moves.
I would not be overly shocked if Morelos signed a new deal but for whatever reason cant see that happening with Aribo.

After potential opponents in a playoff round PSV signed De Jong and Simons: Monaco, another potential 3rd Qualifer who are unseeded have signed Minamino and set to sign Belotti from Torino

I should answer your made up scenario that even you can't answer? I did give my opinion on it.

The data suggests we won't get much from a 'wunderkind' signing, we never do.

So I would go with Lowry, give this kid a miss.
Again that's not what i asked you. You are clearly struggling with a simple question and should have been a politician.

I can answer it very easily so that's also garbage.

I do agree SDF, but there is a big part of that which is out with our control.

We might be sitting here in two weeks & it’s up & running.

Absolutely mate. The worry for me is that Bassey apart, none of these guys are in their early 20's. I'm not doubting Alfie, Aribo, Kamara and Kent's ability but three of them are 26 this year and the other is 27. Can we seriously expect teams to fork out big money for guys at an age where they might not flip them for profit themselves ?

It might just take one domino to fall but until it does...

After potential opponents in a playoff round PSV signed De Jong and Simons: Monaco, another potential 3rd Qualifer who are unseeded have signed Minamino and set to sign Belotti from Torino
I assume the club is realistic about knowing our place / level based on the finances we have. We can't compete with these teams in terms of adding real quality. We are a Europa League team who may get lucky and fall into the CL with a good draw and a wee bit of luck.

Absolutely mate. The worry for me is that Bassey apart, none of these guys are in their early 20's. I'm not doubting Alfie, Aribo, Kamara and Kent's ability but three of them are 26 this year and the other is 27. Can we seriously expect teams to fork out big money for guys at an age where they might not flip them for profit themselves ?

It might just take one domino to fall but until it does...

Yes, very fair point.

It’s noticeable how many youngsters are now being bought ( eg Ramsay to Liverpool ).

That’s why I’d love if we get to the stage where we can afford another set of youngsters.

Lowry & King coming into the squad may help
that, and Sands is young, but has a lot of progression needed before he too could be included with the group you mention.

Reactions: SDF
Well there’s factual posts and some fiction. Pure conjecture stated as fact as your post appears to be just perpetuates false information and doubt.
I didn't state anything as pure fact. I was discussing the Colak situation with another poster and we disagreed over certain things.

You are free to disagree as well but you are wrong in your assertions.

I assume the club is realistic about knowing our place / level based on the finances we have. We can't compete with these teams in terms of adding real quality. We are a Europa League team who may get lucky and fall into the CL with a good draw and a wee bit of luck.

If we are a Europa League team then what are Celtic. Fucking dross in Europe.

Winning the league title was so important.

Let’s hope we avoid both Monaco and PSV.

Had Cousin not all but agreed to sign for Hull before he scored against Celtic, or was it in the following days it was agreed?

The deal was as good as done, yeah.

Blackburn were willing to wait on Barry Ferguson as we wanted him to play in the Copenhagen games.

Pretty sure other examples could be given that I'm forgetting, and that's only at Rangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back