The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we can finally finalize this deal for Colak if it's suitable then you could speculate that it'd have to be him, a RW, a goalscoring midfielder and a left back now that we're not panicking for CBs anymore after Goldson signed the new contract.

Maybe even see a lot more of the options and targets crop up halfway through this month.
Too many by my reading of the situation. We are not interested in McAfee and my speculation is that is because Gio is sticking with his current midfield, perhaps minus Aribo who will not be replaced by an incomer rather Lowry and rightfully so. Otherwise what is the point in nurturing talent and not feeding it into the first team?

My opinion is:

Colak - Funded by Itten
RW - Partially funded by Aribo
Kent and Alfie - Contracts partially funded by Aribo

If we went into the window with some funding already set aside then:

GK - however I am beginning to think shagger will get first team football next season.
ST/CF

If we sell either Kent, Aflie or Bassey then who knows direct replacements for any or all and for Bassey I would see us needing new LB and CB frankly. Which begs the question is any offer worthwhile at this stage if you have to shell out for two replacements

What should we do about Bassey with two years left on his contract, if we could get big money for him £20M plus I feel we should sell. I don’t want another summer where our most valuable asset has one year left and we get offered loose change for him.

Where do we reckon he'll end up if it's a choice between Palace and Southampton ?

Does Vieira swing it for him ?

Palace look a decent side under him but Southampton seem to have stagnated for a few years now.
Whoever offers him & his agent the most money IMO. The boys got 1 possibly 2 big deals left and it’ll set him up for life!

Ah ok, I thought the £10m release clause was just speculation, hadn’t realised it had been confirmed.

How does it work if theres more than 1 club in for him though? Release clause is the minimum, but does a release clause stop a bidding war from happening, which could push the price well over £10m? I don’t know the answer, just curious. Also struggle to really see the benefit of these release clauses unless they are stupidly high figures, that the club basically expect never to be met.

Every club who bids 10m is allowed to talk terms with him.

It gives the player & agent more leverage in negotiations with all clubs who meet the 10m payment to us.

Ah ok, I thought the £10m release clause was just speculation, hadn’t realised it had been confirmed.

How does it work if theres more than 1 club in for him though? Release clause is the minimum, but does a release clause stop a bidding war from happening, which could push the price well over £10m? I don’t know the answer, just curious. Also struggle to really see the benefit of these release clauses unless they are stupidly high figures, that the club basically expect never to be met.
Yeah was mentioned on H&H the other day.

The player/agent will want it in to protect the player, to stop us pricing him out of a move or making the player more attractive to other buying clubs.

Which is fine, if that was a deal breaker then I’m glad we agreed to it, seeing as Aribo was pretty well courted by other clubs. It’s been a mutually beneficial relationship, and we will still make a tidy profit.

Anyone who bids £10m gets to talk to Aribo, I actually imagine that’s why he’s still here.

What should we do about Bassey with two years left on his contract, if we could get big money for him £20M plus I feel we should sell. I don’t want another summer where our most valuable asset has one year left and we get offered loose change for him.

25m deal & we really need to accept imo, even though I’d hate to lose that young man.

Otherwise we’re on here talking about him this time next year, for a much lower fee.

How has it improved them from last year?

The floor is yours...
I think your right. Anges 'rebuild' was more a reshuffle. Two of the four Japanese players he brought in were shite, the best of the lot was injured for most of his season in Scotland. And the only other one that played consistently started well and ended very poor.

I think that much is obvious by the speed he is working at in this window, he's not an unintelligent man, he is working at speed for a reason. They have spent considerably to retain two of their better players. But I don't think it weakens them financially per se.

It's now beginning to seem as if any transfers we may do will happen if we sell Aribo; I may be wrong, but it could be that it allows to gauge where we are better.

I think we’ll have a modest budget pre any players sales.

If we sell an Aribo or such for £10m, Gio may then have a budget of £15m-ish which would mean he’s shopping in a different market to that with his more modest pre player sales budget.

Maybe that’s a reason there’s not been much activity on inbound transfers.

Too many by my reading of the situation. We are not interested in McAfee and my speculation is that is because Gio is sticking with his current midfield, perhaps minus Aribo who will not be replaced by an incomer rather Lowry and rightfully so. Otherwise what is the point in nurturing talent and not feeding it into the first team?

My opinion is:

Colak - Funded by Itten
RW - Partially funded by Aribo
Kent and Alfie - Contracts partially funded by Aribo

If we went into the window with some funding already set aside then:

GK - however I am beginning to think shagger will get first team football next season.
ST/CF

If we sell either Kent, Aflie or Bassey then who knows direct replacements for any or all and for Bassey I would see us needing new LB and CB frankly. Which begs the question is any offer worthwhile at this stage if you have to shell out for two replacements

McGregor will be number 1 next season imo.

Do internationals return to training on Monday? Maybe see some movement with Aribo then.

I'm concerned as anyone else that we haven't done any business yet but I dont believe GVB would've took the job if we didn't have a pot to piss in.

If we sell an Aribo or such for £10m, Gio may then have a budget of £15m-ish which would mean he’s shopping in a different market to that with his more modest pre player sales budget.

It's possible, and I don't think any of us should get too high about that either way, because the people at the club are doing their best for the club now and in the future.

Last edited:
Aribo is currently (today) cutting about London playing football with Bassey and Kamara.

Hopefully we can get him moved on ASAP.

Palace under Vieira and being back in South London is surely the deal that needs to get done.

There really shouldn't be a hold up on this. That helps no-one.

Get the money in.

Next summer is going to be interesting if the likes of Aribo, Morelos and Kent don’t sign new deals.

We risk losing £30m+ worth of talent for nothing. On top of a number of players out of contract.

How do we finance a rebuild - because that’s exactly what could be required in 12 months time.

I agree with regards to Kent, a £7m investment and one would expect a financial return on that investment.

Alfie and Aribo have more than returned on their respective investment. Leaving on a free is a missed opportunity for sure, but not a financial liability

Aribo is currently (today) cutting about London playing football with Bassey and Kamara.

Palace under Vieira and being back in South London is surely the deal that needs to get done.

Get the money in.
Aribo, Bassey & Kamara are not due back to pre season due to being on International Duty in the summer.

They are down there for promo work (not sure what it is for yet)

Are you at it? There won't be bidding war if he has a 10m release clause.

If someone hits £10m they get to talk to Joe Aribo, and then it's up to that club to offer more money etc to him if they want to sign him.

Aribo, Bassey & Kamara are not due back to pre season due to being on International Duty in the summer.

They are down there for promo work (not sure what it is for yet)
Yes, as per Bassey's Instagram they are doing some football promo stuff. I think some sort of 5 a side thing.

It's clear Aribo will leave in this window - and that's fine. It was inevitable. So best for all parties that a deal is concluded at earlierst opportunity.

Are you at it? There won't be bidding war if he has a 10m release clause.

If someone hits £10m they get to talk to Joe Aribo, and then it's up to that club to offer more money etc to him if they want to sign him.
Also no one hast to reach the buyout. They can offer £7m take it or leave it then it would be up to us.

We have left ourselves open with so many in the last year.

Gio would be allowed about 25/50% max of any fee received.

It must be some life being a sports "journalist" in Scotland. Listen to fan podcasts and read this thread and then start up a story that we're interested in targets suggested by FF and Heart and Hand.

The Israeli one is perfect example. Andy on HandH said there was 40 scouts from all over Europe watching an Israel game and he said he hopes we were watching Gloukh because he's impressed him. 2 days later, we have likes of Daily Record etc saying we're after him.

Never seen one of their former players suggested so many times for us. Armstrong gets brought up every window with zero mention from sources, it’s bizarre.
Always found it very bizarre also.

In no universe would armstrong join us.

Why would he want the hassle that would bring even before you got to the wages.

Get the money in.
They will be playing in a 7s games with their pals from when they were younger, kamara done it last year. Team of pros against a team of lads from the area they grew up in but didn’t stick at it like them

I think most will agree that if we got offered big money for Bassey then we will sell.
However, we can't control that. If we are actively trying to sell him then we won't get big money. We need to receive an offer first.
All that we can do is try to extend his contract to protect the value in him declining as his contract approaches expiry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back