The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
After potential opponents in a playoff round PSV signed De Jong and Simons: Monaco, another potential 3rd Qualifer who are unseeded have signed Minamino and set to sign Belotti from Torino

Wonder what people will be like if we qualify and the teams we can then draw. It's all part of the challenge of the qualifiers playing quality teams and at the end of the day they're going in cold like we are as well given their leagues start after the first leg of the 3rd round. 2 good teams but we are also a good team in Europe bring it on.

Wonder what people will be like if we qualify and the teams we can then draw. It's all part of the challenge of the qualifiers playing quality teams and at the end of the day they're going in cold like we are as well given their leagues start after the first leg of the 3rd round. 2 good teams but we are also a good team in Europe bring it on.

Yeah, we're so conditioned from years of disappointment at that level we'll still play down just how good we can be.

PSV will be an interesting watch. They've given Van Nistelrooy the job of head coach, his first attempt at a big job.

After potential opponents in a playoff round PSV signed De Jong and Simons: Monaco, another potential 3rd Qualifer who are unseeded have signed Minamino and set to sign Belotti from Torino
Yeah but you also fail to mention that PSV has sold Gotze and Sadilek and Monaco have sold Tchouameni (for £72m). We have added to our squad as well with Souttar and potentially have Colak coming in.

Monaco were knocked out the EL in the last 16 and PSV the conference QF where our squad made it to the final of the EL. The players or numbers they bring in is all relative to the squad they originally had and who they lose. I’m sure if/when Aribo leaves and anyone else we will also be bringing in more players. Actually think we will bring in another 1 at least even without sales before the game.

Yeah, we're so conditioned from years of disappointment at that level we'll still play down just how good we can be.

PSV will be an interesting watch. They've given Van Nistelrooy the job of head coach, his first attempt at a big job.

Yeah don't get me wrong it will be difficult against PSV they will be a good side and probably a tougher tie than Monaco. Braga papped Monaco out the Europa league last season for example.

Interesting. A club, I could see going in for Aribo. Would be a decent move for him too. Shine there for a season or 2 and possibly get a move to one of the BIG clubs - vital we include a sell on percentage.

What sort of money are we thinking Southampton would be willing to part with for Joe?
£10m mate, his release clause amount bud!

(Presume you missed that info)

Interesting. A club, I could see going in for Aribo. Would be a decent move for him too. Shine there for a season or 2 and possibly get a move to one of the BIG clubs - vital we include a sell on percentage.

What sort of money are we thinking Southampton would be willing to part with for Joe?

£10m

Is this 100% confirmed?

Still doesn't make sense to me
H&H and T40 said as much.

Presume it came from the club tempering expectations.

My thinking is that his agent wanted involved in the deal as a pre-requisite to joining us, so his client would be more likely to get a good move as he’s reaching his peak.

Remember he turned down Celtic and a couple of Premier League clubs to join us, so I imagine the thinking was he comes here to keep developing before moving down south.

Andy works in the finance sector and has a lot of knowledge there. He absolutely loves that side of things and likes to try and be realistic about how it will affect the club.

I get wound up by this notion that guys who are just giving opinions, ones they back up, are being led by the club. Andy is in the same position as me when it comes to this - the club don't tell us a thing! There will be a few at H&H who have more direct contact. The rest of us are given absolutely nothing, just like anyone else.
For balance andy is one of my personal favourite contributors to heart and hand, really enjoy listening to him including his take, opinion and comments on the financial side of things.

H&H and T40 said as much.

Presume it came from the club tempering expectations.

My thinking is that his agent wanted involved in the deal as a pre-requisite to joining us, so his client would be more likely to get a good move as he’s reaching his peak.

Remember he turned down Celtic and a couple of Premier League clubs to join us, so I imagine the thinking was he comes here to keep developing before moving down south.

Still can't really wrap my head around it – if there's a £10m clause, why was he not snapped up in January when he was absolutely flying?

It's chicken feed to most clubs in the EPL, I feel like if it was as simple as is being suggested he'd have been away well before now.

Still can't really wrap my head around it – if there's a £10m clause, why was he not snapped up in January when he was absolutely flying?

It's chicken feed to most clubs in the EPL, I feel like if it was as simple as is being suggested he'd have been away well before now.
Only kicks in during the last 12 months of his contract, seemingly.

Had Cousin not all but agreed to sign for Hull before he scored against Celtic, or was it in the following days it was agreed?
Good point actually. I'm not sure if Hull was all agreed but by all acounts Cousin wanted to leave and Walter told him to get a move with hes performance. He sure did

Where do we reckon he'll end up if it's a choice between Palace and Southampton ?

Does Vieira swing it for him ?

Palace look a decent side under him but Southampton seem to have stagnated for a few years now.

Where do we reckon he'll end up if it's a choice between Palace and Southampton ?

Palace look a decent side under him but Southampton seem to have stagnated for a few years now.
Palace the better fit I would say.

Straight choice between the two, no real differences in wages etc - Palace, definitely.

Location alone would swing that.

Whether it's Southampton, Palace or similar in the PL.

Think its quite clear big Joe will be away just hope it happens sooner rather than later
There is a big world of players m8, there is no guarantee anyone comes in for him. Look at Alfie.

If they do then yes, he'll be off and if he's not for extending then i hope he is as we cant lose £10m for one season.

If Joe has the choice I think it would be Palace and Viera. And I think that would be the right choice for him, I think he could flourish there. Their current style of play would suit him down to the ground.

It's now beginning to seem as if any transfers we may do will happen if we sell Aribo; I may be wrong, but it could be that it allows to gauge where we are better.

£10m mate, his release clause amount bud!

(Presume you missed that info)
Ah ok, I thought the £10m release clause was just speculation, hadn’t realised it had been confirmed.

How does it work if theres more than 1 club in for him though? Release clause is the minimum, but does a release clause stop a bidding war from happening, which could push the price well over £10m? I don’t know the answer, just curious. Also struggle to really see the benefit of these release clauses unless they are stupidly high figures, that the club basically expect never to be met.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back