The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all about opinions.

I watched Aribo play for Nigeria in their WC play off game earlier this year (and I posted this on FF at the time) I would struggle to see a more "can't be bothered" attitude from a player in what was a massive match for his country. The game passed him by because he didn't put in the effort, I genuinely was shocked.
Was that the game where the Nigerian press etc ripped him a new one for being so bad/uninterested?

He’s given us a few games with the same level of effort!

Not our problem how good or bad he is. As above, hope he does mean Colak is available now, despite it not being his position.

I think Tags mentioned it earlier, he looks like a player that offers cover. Colak does not seem to be 1st choice striker for them so the 2+2 may equal 4

We should have walked away and issued the various bizarre ultimatums on this thread B-)

Seriously you’re taking the word of the express to have a pop at bears who think the club should put a deadline on a transfer lol.

Just for some semblance what if PAOK string us along for another week then say they aren’t selling and maybe one or two other targets might not be there is that conceivable? That’s why some are saying put a deadline on things but you steam in as per battering anyone else who dares have a differing opinion especially one that doesn’t fit with yours and on the word of the express haha

Dress this up the way you want to ,is the new war cry of the lunatics on here
So because I question our lack of transfer activity and our director of football I am a lunatic?

People should be allowed to have different opinions and not simply assume everything is rosey at the club. Doesn’t mean I am a lunatic.

Our last 2 title winning campaigns we’ve had at least 4 central forwards contributing.

2020/21: Morelos, Roofe, Defoe, Itten

2010/11: Miller, Jelavic, Lafferty, Naismith

(I know we played 2 up top under Walter)

So because I question our lack of transfer activity and our director of football I am a lunatic?
I wouldn't take any criticism you have of the DOF seriously, not for the short time he's been here; apart from recruitment, I expect you haven't a clue what it is he actually does in its entirety.

Would we give the 3rd or 4th choice striker position to a younger player coming through?

1 - Morelos
2 - Colak
3 - Sakala
4 - young player

Just a thought……
We’ve just lost the treble because in my opinion we didn’t have the fire power.

We need 3 good strikers ,Sakala isn’t one.
I’d prefer to keep Roofe if no one is taking his place.

I would as well, but not at £2.5m on what appears to be a fairly small budget when there are bigger priorities in the squad needing addressing.
£2.5m is a lot to spend on a position where we already have too many options.

Every time we play Aberdeen I tell myself to watch him and see if he is any good. At the end of the game I conclude his contribution was a few niggly fouls and a couple of square passes.

£2.5m is a lot to spend on a position where we already have too many options.

Every time we play Aberdeen I tell myself to watch him and see if he is any good. At the end of the game I conclude his contribution was a few niggly fouls and a couple of square passes.
And this is exactly the reason I can’t get why anyone who watches him play wants to sign him. He’s technically mediocre. At best.

We’ve just lost the treble because in my opinion we didn’t have the fire power.

We need 3 good strikers ,Sakala isn’t one.
I’d prefer to keep Roofe if no one is taking his place.
I'd like to see Roofe have a pre season and a full season under Van Bronckhorst, just to see how he handles this situation with injuries. I still live in hope that players that are seen as injury prone can put those injuries behind them.

I know I’m in the minority on here. I’d take Ferguson
We won't be signing anymore midfielders as it stands again though where does he fit in ?

We have Jack, Lundstram, Kamara, Davis, Arfield, Sands, Kelly for central midfield.

You also have Aribo who can play there.

And not forgetting Ofoborh who is sidelined with health issues.

What do you see in him? He has a very limited range of passing and fouls a lot. As for his goal contribution, most of it is penalties. Genuine question.
The constant fouling is very noticeable when he plays us. It's a deliberate tactic to throw us off our rhythm from McInnes sheep team especially. I don't know if he does it every game.

Desperation creeping in now for some folk. We are Euro finalists, the least I expect is we seek to take another step up in terms of quality, every game, both in personnel and performance.
No desperation here.

I said the same last pre season. I think he could develop a lot at us and is already a good enough player for us to sign.

If we sell Aribo does anyone think the money will be used for Israeli midfielder plus a right winger or would be used for MacAtee on loan and bringing two buys in.

Fair enough. Don't really watch them any other time. He could be improved with better coaching and better players around him day in day out. He plays best when a game is a battle.
I’ve seen him in games v them, general SPL highlights and the odd random game (like v Hibs on Alba last season).

Ferguson would be a good signing, of course his midfield work for a crap Aberdeen side is different to what it would be with us.

He gets forward well and scores a lot of headed goals.

The fee is rarely the full amount up front either. It's some after appearances, some after achievements etc.

However with Aberdeen having got good money for Ramsey I can't see them selling him to us. The player would have to proper down tools and force it through.

Imagine after 3 windows of limited spending, your first significant financial outlay was Lewis Ferguson? A hussle and bussle midfielder with limited technical ability, no range of passing and a propensity to give away daft fouls and pick up soft cards, weekly. No chance hes getting into our midfield infront of Lundstram, Kamara, Jack or Davis.

Cant wait till he signs for some Championship mob, down south and this nonsense can finally end.

We won't be signing anymore midfielders as it stands again though where does he fit in ?

We have Jack, Lundstram, Kamara, Davis, Arfield, Sands, Kelly for central midfield.

You also have Aribo who can play there.

And not forgetting Ofoborh who is sidelined with health issues.
The onlway I see us picking up a new CM is if Kamara goes.

Jack no value in selling
Lundstrom our best CM but wouldn't get the money he's worth
Sands is on loan
Kamara holds value and a very good player
Davis and Arfield just signed new deals
Kelly and McCann 7/8th choice makes no difference if they leave.

So basically Unless Kamara leaves, we aren’t signing a new CM. If Kamara left I'd want someone signed at the level to challenge Jack and Lundstrom, not a long term project.

The onlway I see us picking up a new CM is if Kamara goes.

Jack no value in selling
Lundstrom our best CM but wouldn't get the money he's worth
Sands is on loan
Kamara holds value and a very good player
Davis and Arfield just signed new deals
Kelly and McCann 7/8th choice makes no difference if they leave.

So basically Unless Kamara leaves, we aren’t signing a new CM. If Kamara left I'd want someone signed at the level to challenge Jack and Lundstrom, not a long term project.
If Kamara was sold I'd want a quality starting 11 midfielder to partner Jack/Lundstram.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back