The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We haven’t signed a bonafide, straight to the first team player, since Aribo.

That’s about 4 years ago now.

Lundstram?

You could sign Messi and it MIGHT take him 6 month to settle etc

We are however giving us the least chance of getting them settled and up to speed with our strategy.

Could be a player with a wee bit more coaching imho . His stats last season are good and if he gets settled he,ll definitely improve, he’s lightning quick too . I’d give him a chance mate .
His biggest problem is, Kent.
That’s where he should play, LW, but there’s next to no chance of that

Dress it up how you like but this transfer window is becoming a real worry. We have 3 first 11 starters and key men out of contract in 12months, we appear to have no sort of budget in which to buy new players and have taken to resigning our aged players instead of refreshing the squad.

The Kent, Aribo & Morelos situations need addressed. They either sign new deals or they leave. The worry is the longer it goes on in this window the less likely it will be that we are able to bring in new players & the less likely we will receive bids that meet our valuation.

We have a major hurdle in terms of Champs League qualification looming and you would have thought we’d want business done early to help in that.

The capabilities of Ross Wilson are seriously in question for me now. He has major players and sellable assets with diminishing value who could walk for free in 12months, he is unable presumably to get them to sign new deals &/or is unable to sell for acceptable fees. We cannot operate a player trading model in those circumstances. He may be ‘comfortable’ with the situation but it worries me.

This transfer window is feeling a lot like last summer. We are in danger of standing still.
His failure to attract any interest in players is also a big concern for me. I don’t know whether it is because he is seen as hard to deal with, or we overvalue players, but he should at the very least be able to garner interest in our better players.

I hate to compare us to Celtic but they seem to have no issue in the main moving on both unwanted as well as their better players, whereas as we seem to be, from what I can see, a complete shambles.

The player trading model works when the club have control, but as mentioned too many times already, when a player gets to the last year there’s a big financial incentive for him & his agent to sit it out and pick up a big signing-on fee and higher page packet once a free agent. Which is why that lot across the city sign players on 5 year contracts.

Look at the situation with Juranovic, one year in but tied to them for another 4 years, so they have total control.

A year from now we’ll be having the same conversations about Bassey and Kamara that we’re having now about Kent, Morelos and Aribo. If we are to truly operate a ‘player-trading-model‘ we should be touting Bassey and Kamara around EPL clubs just now. That we haven’t heard anything to that effect suggests we’re not.

It's fucking fundamental to a football club to have a player trading model if they don't have access to big funds in other ways i.e TV deals etc

It does have to be so binary, we need a model that works and gets talent out at the right time to maximize profits.

Otherwise, we miss out on Europe once? and the whole thing comes crashing down. We need to be self sustaining.

It's that bloody simple.

Mate, saying getting talent out at the right time proves that it isn’t binary. People are saying to sell every player once he hits 26. Clearly he might not be at his best at 26. It might come sooner or later; contract extensions, coefficient points, League seedlings and CL access, competition in the squad, money in the market, global pandemics, state of competition, form, form of similar players, competition in the market….it’s endless. “Sell everyone by 26” and similar parameters are too binary for a model. It needs to be fluid and flexible.

Mate, saying getting talent out at the right time proves that it isn’t binary. People are saying to sell every player once he hits 26. Clearly he might not be at his best at 26. It might come sooner or later; contract extensions, coefficient points, League seedlings and CL access, competition in the squad, money in the market, global pandemics, state of competition, form, form of similar players, competition in the market….it’s endless. “Sell everyone by 26” and similar parameters are too binary for a model. It needs to be fluid and flexible.
Whatever it needs to be, we still need a player trading model, the foundations of that need to be implemented. At the moment don't have one whatsoever.

It is essential to us being self sufficient.

His failure to attract any interest in players is also a big concern for me. I don’t know whether it is because he is seen as hard to deal with, or we overvalue players, but he should at the very least be able to garner interest in our better players.

I hate to compare us to Celtic but they seem to have no issue in the main moving on both unwanted as well as their better players, whereas as we seem to be, from what I can see, a complete shambles.
We have went over ad nauseam the reason why the organisation from the east end have been more succesful at moving/selling players on.

It will take us selling a player for decent money and him then to go on and be a success(ideally in the epl) for our trading model to properly kick in.

Hoped and thought young nathan would be that player but unfortunately although he went for decent money he hasnt been a success(yet).

If there is a release fee clause and it is £10m then we'll get £10m. If it is £10m plus a % sell on fee then we'll get £10m plus the %sell on fee. The fee would be non-negotiable, why would any buying club pay any more than required?

Aribo is a player of unbelievable skill but way too often leaves me feeling he could do more, work a wee bit harder. IMHO his laid back nature is what will stop him reaching the very top.
The fact he is more Glen Hoddle than Roy Keane won’t stop him reaching the top.

Stick him in the midfield of a top 6 European club surrounded by quality and he would blossom.

Think if he doesn’t leave he will be better than ever for us this year.

Keeping our best players and building a team is now “a complete shambles”.

Judging by a number of posts, people are actually expecting Wilson to be cold-calling and actively hawking our players around. That’s the perfect way to lose a lot of respect.

If there is a release fee clause and it is £10m then we'll get £10m. If it is £10m plus a % sell on fee then we'll get £10m plus the %sell on fee. The fee would be non-negotiable, why would any buying club pay any more than required?

Aribo is a player of unbelievable skill but way too often leaves me feeling he could do more, work a wee bit harder. IMHO his laid back nature is what will stop him reaching the very top.
I could be totally wrong in this, I’m really not sure. But if there is a £10m release, I think the buying club would need to give us it all upfront to activate it? Or else what’s stopping a club offering £0.5m a year over the next 20 years for example which is technically offering £10m.

Maybe a club doesn’t want to pay the full fee upfront, as most clubs generally don’t pay it all at once, so a club could offer say £6m up front, £4m in instalments and a sell on fee? Not actually activating the £10m upfront release but giving us a deal we would accept, benefitting both clubs. (Unless of course as it’s probably going to be a PL club they might just offer £10m right now, then our hands are tied).

Edit: Done some research and it’s true, we could knock back £10m if the buying club wanted to pay in instalments and we wanted £10m upfront, so there is a bit of negotiation room on our end. Accept instalments but adding a sell on for example.

Last edited:
I'm all for Colak signing but this is a farce now.

All the revenue we took in last season and were hanging about for weeks to sign a guy on paper that's not exactly screaming must buy.

People can dress this up all they want but there is nothing to suggest this transfer window will be anything other than the shambles the last 3 have been.

FWIW PAOK were linked with Narey a week before we moved for Colak.

I don't think Narey (a winger) solves their supposed problem of being light at striker.

And considering PAOK were already moving for this player before we went for Colak, it's highly unlikely if they land him it means us getting our man.

Again with PAOK manager saying after their second friendly the other day and using Colak again, that they are still light.

I've got to think it's no further forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back