The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
His failure to attract any interest in players is also a big concern for me. I don’t know whether it is because he is seen as hard to deal with, or we overvalue players, but he should at the very least be able to garner interest in our better players.

I hate to compare us to Celtic but they seem to have no issue in the main moving on both unwanted as well as their better players, whereas as we seem to be, from what I can see, a complete shambles.

They are absolutely ahead of us in the trading stakes, but lets not pretend they can just snap their fingers and get cracking money for utter dross at the drop of a hat.

They've got absolute garbage like Barkas, Bolingoli, Julien, Ajeti and Soro hanging around (or on loan in Barkas' case). That's the thick end of £25m in transfer fees and who knows how much in wages on dead wood that can't get close to their first team and they can't shift.

Colak for me is just the Itten replacement who will fight with Roofe for 2nd starter. If Alfie is fit he plays. If Alfie is sold then we need to buy another no1 striker, that striker isn’t Colak imo.

Was hoping we would have seen movement by this week in terms of incomings. I’m fairly relaxed right now with the players we have with 1 year left as they aren’t giving the impression they want to leave. Hopefully we can tie them down to new deals.

Colak for me is just the Itten replacement who will fight with Roofe for 2nd starter. If Alfie is fit he plays. If Alfie is sold then we need to buy another no1 striker, that striker isn’t Colak imo.

Was hoping we would have seen movement by this week in terms of incomings. I’m fairly relaxed right now with the players we have with 1 year left as they aren’t giving the impression they want to leave. Hopefully we can tie them down to new deals.
Feel he offers us a different outlet than roofe will be good to have both on the bench

They are absolutely ahead of us in the trading stakes, but lets not pretend they can just snap their fingers and get cracking money for utter dross at the drop of a hat.

They've got absolute garbage like Barkas, Bolingoli, Julien, Ajeti and Soro hanging around (or on loan in Barkas' case). That's the thick end of £25m in transfer fees and who knows how much in wages on dead wood that can't get close to their first team and they can't shift.

McCarthy too. He’ll never be seriously used & will be on a big salary ?

That would be my take too. They sent him out on loan last year so he’s hardly integral to them.
Yup loaned him out from Mar 21 to Jan 22 - so presumably they had other striking options at that time.

They simply don't want to let him go without a concurrent announcement of a new arrival - even if Narey isn't same position. Keeps the fans onside.

And you think we can repeat it this season with same players? Or next season if 3 major players walk out the door for nothing? What about winning titles? We didn’t manage it with these players last season. (& in case asked i wouldn’t have swapped the Europa run for the title)

Think the point is being lost in terms of long term strategy and planning. Even with the run we had to Seville, even getting money for Patterson & Gerrard et al, there is seemingly no money to strengthen the squad. We cannot continue operating on director loans.

There are deficiencies in the squad which we aren’t addressing & we need improvement. Think there is an assumption that as the players got to Seville they will easily negotiate the Champs league qualifiers. I don’t subscribe to that. We have one striker at the minute in Roofe with Morelos not fit & can’t get the Colak deal concluded.

Not sure why it’s not ok to be questioning our transfer business in this window thus far and our ability to put a long term strategy in place. I am getting increasingly worried & I am not convinced by Wilson. Hope to be proved wrong.
No one is saying you can't question the transfer business but it's not as simple as blaming the club and DOF.

We can't sell if no acceptable offers come in. That may be because they need to sell before buying. Leeds for example may be interested in Ryan Kent but want to make sure the Raphina transfer goes through. They may want to spend that money on 3 new players and bid £5M for Ryan Kent (just a lowball figure plucked out of the air, humour me). Do we just say ok then, if that's the best we can get we'd better take it? Leeds then offer Kent a deal and he knocks it back. Kent is now available for £5M. Southampton then say, we fancy that but we will only go to £4.5M. Well, it's only £500k less. Maybe that's all we can get now. Probably take that? Is he really worth selling at that level?

The transfer market will start to warm up this week. What many tend to forget is we are usually one of the first countries back to work after the Summer break. Clubs are working their way through their targets now. I expect 2 or 3 to go. At least 2 of our bigger players. The money won't be insignificant but we won't be spending it all.

If Aribo goes for £10M imo we will see someone come in around the £4M or less mark. It's not just the fee but the wages that need spent. Higher fee, higher wages. In exceptional cases we might go a bit higher as long as the player fits our wage structure.

That looks like our strategy but it's a VERY competitive market we are working in. Clubs are searching for value everywhere. Sometimes things will fall into place quickly and other times we just have to wait.

Just my tuppence worth.

The fact he is more Glen Hoddle than Roy Keane won’t stop him reaching the top.

Stick him in the midfield of a top 6 European club surrounded by quality and he would blossom.

Think if he doesn’t leave he will be better than ever for us this year.

It's all about opinions.

I watched Aribo play for Nigeria in their WC play off game earlier this year (and I posted this on FF at the time) I would struggle to see a more "can't be bothered" attitude from a player in what was a massive match for his country. The game passed him by because he didn't put in the effort, I genuinely was shocked.

I'm all for Colak signing but this is a farce now.

All the revenue we took in last season and were hanging about for weeks to sign a guy on paper that's not exactly screaming must buy.

People can dress this up all they want but there is nothing to suggest this transfer window will be anything other than the shambles the last 3 have been.
I agree the Colak deal is turning into a farce but I'm reserving judgement on our transfer business fully until the end of the window.

There is three key parts to this window though first what we do before we head to Portugal secondly adding before the CL qualfiers that's crucial and then it's what else we can do towards the end of August when the market will be in full swing.

Other than maybe two bits of business mainly a striker and a right winger I think our strategy this summer heavily depends on a big sale and getting more fringe players out the door say what you want about the squad but it's bloated in just about every area and that will affect what we can do in terms of incomings.

If Aribo goes for £10 million and we can offload more squad players that might just kick start things then we can seriously look at adding quality to the forward areas.

Will he offer more than Itten? Can never be sure but I'm 95% sure he will. So we have improved that part of squad. If he can be a 10/15 goal squad player for us that's something we've lacked from that role.

Now would be a good time to sell Roofe.

He is a good player, but we can't afford to have injury prone players like him and he is getting on in years.

Could maybe do with another striker but Morelos, Colak and Sakala would be decent cover for the striker position.

PAOK are just looking for cover to get them through a match, if the guy that's coming in can offer that, and it seems he can despite it not being his main position, I'd imagine they'll let him go rather than risk us walking away and they're left with an unhappy player.
Hope so

Will he offer more than Itten? Can never be sure but I'm 95% sure he will. So we have improved that part of squad. If he can be a 10/15 goal squad player for us that's something we've lacked from that role.
If he gives more than Itten he could be a player we rely on; a striker that scores can't just be a here and there option. A squad player, as you call him, that gets that amount of goals would have more to offer.

Utter nonsense.

There is clearly players that are signed to play in the first 11 in most of the games. And there is clearly players signed that are not at the same level but are good squad signings.

We have barely signed any players of the higher level for a good while.
Is that because we have extremely good footballers in our squad/team?

How easy is it to upgrade, really?

Didn't go straight in and make an impact. I think he means in that sense.
strict requirements that is unfair to hold the board to then.

It's a lot harder than people think to adjust to the Scottish game and the pressures of rangers. Lundstram was a player that needed time to adjust apparently. Overall I'd say lundstram was certainly a player signed to go into our starting 11 and make an impact and he has done that, after a settling in period.

There's no guarantee any player we sign, no matter how good or expensive, is going to walk into our starting 11 and make an immediate impact.

We have a core of quality players, but we need to refresh like any other team. It's the DOF job to sell high and reinvest in the team.
I understand that. Just asking how easy it is to upgrade?

We have needed a quality right side forward for a while. Other than that I think the team/squad has improved year on year

Ha ha

A lot has happened since then.

I don’t always understand the rush for signings before qualifiers, it’s rare they make a massive immediate impact
Think he done alright though cause I remember getting into it with Charlton fans and winding them up!

I think it gives some a better sense of we tried to do everything though, whereas if we don't go through them now, well you know who's getting blamed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back