The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Bazoer was first mentioned on here months ago, mainly as an addition to the Doekhi chat, I tried to read up on him and everything seemed to class him as a midfielder.

Having been in the international squad before, you'd imagine he'll want a move rhat helps him get back there. Scottish football might not work for him that way.

I don't think he gets near that Dutch midfield irrespective of where he moves tbh. Looking at the options they've got available.

Rumours linking him with Marseille a few weeks ago but nothing materialised. Apparently Marseille are trying to move Kevin Strootman off the books, so that might be the cause of the hold up.

No I don’t know his full remit so happy to be enlightened.

I do know that transfer is an area of his work and as I said, he can’t take the good without the bad.

Look at it this way, 48,000 season ticket holders have renewed who in essence through their continued support and further spending on merchandise, match day spending etc (not including every other fan who buys things too) pay his wages.

Fans expect to have a level of transparency for their investment and I’ll be honest, I don’t see that from the club, not only from Ross Wilson I would add.
Agreed

Full transparency

I also get annoyed when the manager doesn't tell the fans his lineup and tactics 3 days before a game

We pay the managers wages!!

In all seriousness what kind of transparency do you want right now? Our targets?

Agreed

Full transparency

I also get annoyed when the manager doesn't tell the fans his lineup and tactics 3 days before a game

We pay the managers wages!!
You’re a bit of a clown aren’t you mate?

Just stupid reply after stupid reply.

What next, we pay the bus driver so we should get an email to say when he’s clock on and off?

The club rely on the fans, without us there is no club. At this time of year we all look to see our team improved and strengthened where possible.

Radio silence doesn’t cut it.

Happy to hear about Ross Wilson’s full remit though.

What next, we pay the bus driver so we should get an email to say when he’s clock on and off?

The club rely on the fans, without us there is no club. At this time of year we all look to see our team improved and strengthened where possible.

Genuinely,

What kind of info do you expect from the club right now?

Point to another club as an example of how you want us to be like.

Hey

That hurt my feelings.

It's not as desperate as people admitting they don't know Ross Wilsons role but know when he's doing a bad job

And not as desperate as people who are annoyed he was pleased when he signed Ramsay
No one knows his day to day, hour to hour work.

But a significant part of his job is player trading

And right now we can only judge on the evidence we have in recent windows and it doesn’t look good

That said, his hands are tied by the board. IMO based on the more recent windows, the report card would be fail rather than pass

Genuinely,

What kind of info do you expect from the club right now?

Point to another club as an example of how you want us to be like.
Mate I don’t care about any other football club in the world.

Only Rangers. I’ve had my season ticket since 98/99, I buy my ticket and spend more on top of it, I had shares that were lost and since reinvested.

Like any other supporter, I’d like to see us doing what we can within our means to improve. Not hear nothing.

Are fans not entitled to that? The club ask for our loyalty each year well in advance of the season to come and without fail we cough up.

If they are quiet because we are skint and can’t do business then at least have the balls to tell the people who invest in the club.

Only Rangers. I’ve had my season ticket since 98/99, I buy my ticket and spend more on top of it, I had shares that were lost and since reinvested.

Like any other supporter, I’d like to see us doing what we can within our means to improve. Not hear nothing.

Are fans not entitled to that? The club ask for our loyalty each year well in advance of the season to come and without fail we cough up.

If they are quiet because we are skint and can’t do business then at least have the balls to tell the people who invest in the club.
The fact you don't hear about it doesn't mean they are doing nothing. They don't owe you any information, you will see who we have signed when the deals are complete.

Totally agree. Amazes me how many on here seem to think a striker and right winger are enough. No idea where the confidence in our ability to win the league comes from.

- Striker to push Morelos
- Quality right winger to go straight into the XI
- Central midfielder with some goals
- Centre Half or Left Back depending on where Bassey plays as we can’t rely on Helander at all.
- We’ll also need to replace Aribo if he goes and get Morelos and Kent on new deals.

That’s the bare minimum we need this season.
We'll pay again this season if we fail to act on this. Ridiculous how much we depend on him.

Wow!

You really think that if the club are skint we should announce it?!

Lol

Yeah that will get us top dollar for Bassey!

Man alive.

That's me done, no more replying to you, I thought you were rational but we just disagreed.

Turns out you are far from it!

“Radio silence doesn’t cut it.”

Why is that exactly?

Quite a lot of us were asking for as much for years…now we’re getting our wishes we’d rather it wasn’t the case?

Excellent. Pretty excited about seeing this young fella, hopefully makes his debut against CSS in less than three weeks.

Lepinjica.

Loosley linked, nothing ever really confirmed or denied.. wouldn't think he's a priority - got a pretty bad injury record for a young player too.
For a player who's job it is to put his foot in and break up play, his body seems, at the moment, that it can't handle such a position and responsibility.

Undoubtedly talented though.

Excellent. Pretty excited about seeing this young fella, hopefully makes his debut against CSS in less than three weeks.
Be interesting to see what we do with the lad. At 16 you'd imagine he'd be for our u18 squad - but he does have those handful of appearances for the Millwall First Team. I think he will probably float between the B Team and the u18s in the way Robbie Ure did last season.

On that note, what has happened to Alegria? Must admit I thought we might release him this Summer. Two years to go on his contract but far from convincing in his limited appearances for either our B Team or Partick Thistle. You'd imagine if he's staying he would be first choice for the B Team?

Be interesting to see what we do with the lad. At 16 you'd imagine he'd be for our u18 squad - but he does have those handful of appearances for the Millwall First Team. I think he will probably float between the B Team and the u18s in the way Robbie Ure did last season.

On that note, what has happened to Alegria? Must admit I thought we might release him this Summer. Two years to go on his contract but far from convincing in his limited appearances for either our B Team or Partick Thistle. You'd imagine if he's staying he would be first choice for the B Team?
Depends if the age restrictions apply this year, I imagine. Which have been rather vague. Also, remember this year 7/11 need to be eligible for Scotland.

Looking at Lindsay, Mulindwa, Ciobutaru, Mason Munn, Mandey, Stevens and Lovelace (as I expect him to go between the two groups, especially later in the season).

Not sure what we do with the bold Juan, probably for another thread!

No one knows his day to day, hour to hour work.

But a significant part of his job is player trading

And right now we can only judge on the evidence we have in recent windows and it doesn’t look good

That said, his hands are tied by the board. IMO based on the more recent windows, the report card would be fail rather than pass
He got our money back for Itten, bacuna and Grezda who all didn’t work out. The deal for Ramsey was also brilliant work to get a player of that quality in without paying much. Yes it didn’t work out on the park, but most Rangers fans were excited by the transfer and never thought we could get a player like that in.

If the report about Aribo is accurate then it's good to see the club tried to hold on him; if he wants to go then that's another matter, and if true hopefully he's away soon.

Wow!

You really think that if the club are skint we should announce it?!

Lol

Yeah that will get us top dollar for Bassey!

Man alive.

That's me done, no more replying to you, I thought you were rational but we just disagreed.

Turns out you are far from it!
Honestly gutted at this.

You have your opinions and I’ll have mine. That’s life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back