The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They won’t open at £10m.

If he’s refused to sign a new deal, if I was them, I’d start at £6m.

I don’t think we’ll see the full £10m.

We have to sell and they’ll know that - we can’t afford for him to walk for free.

This is where we might get a sell on fee, £8m and sell on. Or they pay the £10m and have him now or he waits out his contract.

While we cant have a bidding war over £10m, we may get one up to that.

They won’t open at £10m.

We have to sell and they’ll know that - we can’t afford for him to walk for free.
Unfortunately, the player holds all the aces and the buying club have a better hand than us too.

It's because he's a moments player. Capable of moments of utter genius but his all round play is solid and very non-flashy, if that makes any sense!?

He's a bad one too lose imo, would play literally anywhere if asked. Amazing athlete and a total baller if played in his best position.

Yeah I know what you mean, if he hadn’t had that dip in form after the cup of nations folk would be going tonto about him leaving, if he hits that form in the EPL he won’t be at Southampton for long.

They won’t open at £10m.

On the flip side, if there's several EPL clubs interested in him and Rangers hold firm at £10 million then the first club to meet that gets a head start in terms of talking to the player (I know in reality any interested party will have already sounded out his agent re: what they can offer).

Saw a rumour from a Turkish journo on Twitter saying he wanted circa £2m signing-on fee, circa £40k a week salary - and Krasnodar were threatening to sue whoever he joined for circa £15m (though, I suspect, that would have gone nowhere).

Was posted on here almost two weeks ago by someone his wage demands were too much for us but the poster was shot down and scoffed at.

They have a lot of talented players. If he does the business there a move to an elite club awaits.
I’m still confused as to how they can pay that wage. I imagine Ribery is their only high-ish earner and he’s about 90.

Actually, collectively their squad must have an average age of about 33. Surely they aren’t throwing mega dosh at the bold Lassana?

Mad

Suppose, if they are selling someone and literally just using that to front the deal with a view to flipping him.... :))

They won’t open at £10m.

Don't agree, clubs in that division need to get the best players they can; we hold some cards here as well.

They won’t open at £10m.

If there are a few clubs interested they will pay the buy out fee, it’s chicken feed to English clubs.

They won’t open at £10m.

Unless there’s a bidding war, I’m inclined to agree. I suspect the fee will be ‘undisclosed’.

Yeah I know what you mean, if he hadn’t had that dip in form after the cup of nations folk would be going tonto about him leaving, if he hits that form in the EPL he won’t be at Southampton for long.
I couldn't be arsed going back to tag the correct post, but maybe you've taken the "easiest to replace" thing from a post I made.

What I meant was that, for all his skill and abilities, getting someone in to replicate the numbers he has in terms of contributions to goals shouldn't really be that hard. For all his undoubted talent, I've spent a lot of these past few years moaning at him in complete frustration. I can't be the only one who noticed he'd start games like a juggernaut before disappearing out of it altogether until about the 70th minute when you'd notice him again.

Like I say, sensational player in part, frustrating enigma in others.

Like you say, though, he has been a pretty good signing all in.

I have no doubt that Aribo will have gone to Portugal. He's a Rangers player till we agree to let him go. I'd be surprised if he left before Friday.
Was there not a post earlier saying that some of the players weren’t joining up in Portugal until Wednesday and Thursday? If accurate, I’d imagine Aribo would be one of them.

I couldn't be arsed going back to tag the correct post, but maybe you've taken the "easiest to replace" thing from a post I made.

What I meant was that, for all his skill and abilities, getting someone in to replicate the numbers he has in terms of contributions to goals shouldn't really be that hard. For all his undoubted talent, I've spent a lot of these past few years moaning at him in complete frustration. I can't be the only one who noticed he'd start games like a juggernaut before disappearing out of it altogether until about the 70th minute when you'd notice him again.

Like I say, sensational player in part, frustrating enigma in others.

Like you say, though, he has been a pretty good signing all in.

It wasn’t a specific post bud, seen it loads of times.

Was there not a post earlier saying that some of the players weren’t joining up in Portugal until Wednesday and Thursday? If accurate, I’d imagine Aribo would be one of them.

I thought the whole squad was due to go today, but Jordan Campbell said a few will join Wednesday and Thursday. We definitely have a bounce match BCD vs Monaco on Wednesday, so it will most likely be the same squad that faced Thistle at the weekend.

They won’t open at £10m.

We can't afford for him to go for free, but even I would consider letting his contract run down if £6m was the maximum.

£10m guaranteed all in is a perfectly reasonable position & a smart move to get the clause in there to at least make a case for the fee.

I thought the whole squad was due to go today, but Jordan Campbell said a few will join Wednesday and Thursday. We definitely have a bounce match BCD vs Monaco on Wednesday, so it will most likely be the same squad that faced Thistle at the weekend.
Plus Souttar.

You are in for a shock if you expect a 1:1 relationship in terms of transfer fee incomings with what we then go out and spend.

No chance.
Even if Gio gets £6/7M of the fee that's still 2 first team players.

It's because he's a moments player. Capable of moments of utter genius but his all round play is solid and very non-flashy, if that makes any sense!?

He's a bad one too lose imo, would play literally anywhere if asked. Amazing athlete and a total baller if played in his best position.

Totally agree with you. If/when he goes he's going to be a massive miss not least for us supporters - his moments really are something else and we have given him that platform.
If he goes, thanks for the memories Joe and you'll always be welcomed back anytime. An absolute baller.

And thanks for the cash mate :)

I'm told we don't have that bounce game Tags - where did you get that from?

I have a real fear that we know we need to replace Aribo, Kent and Morelos but we can't get the right quality in until they move on and free up the funds, not just the transfer fees but also wages. And they don't actually move until very late in the window.

Gerrard and Wilson f%cked up last summer by allowing 3 hugely valuable assets to run their contracts down simultaneously.

We're I'm a position where the 3 players and their potential suitors hold all the aces.

I doubt we’ll get a sell on clause if there is a release clause in his current contract, which is a pity as I think he’ll go much further than Southampton if thats where he goes.

If Southampton offered £8 million cash now with a sell on clause would you accept it?

Or hold out for the £10 million & receive no sell on in future?

I have a real fear that we know we need to replace Aribo, Kent and Morelos but we can't get the right quality in until they move on and free up the funds, not just the transfer fees but also wages. And they don't actually move until very late in the window.

Gerrard and Wilson f%cked up last summer by allowing 3 hugely valuable assets to run their contracts down simultaneously.

We're I'm a position where the 3 players and their potential suitors hold all the aces.
If I had to take a punt I'd say this is probably where we are.

There are maybe deals to be done for players, but do you fill the key positions with guys for around £1M - £2M when you know you might have more money to play with in 3-4 weeks time?

I think we'll get players in but it is probably going to go right up until the end of the window.

I give us very little chance of having a settled side ready to go for those qualifying games.

Will be bedlam on here if he goes for less than the release clause
What if he goes for more? As you know, it’s not set in stone.

It has to benefit both clubs. Before folk come back at me, yeah I know how clauses work but he could go for more or less in actuality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back