The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't give Wilson any credit for selling players and I wouldn't blame him for not selling them.

He just seems to get the general blame for anything transfer related.

I'm terms of incomings he's hindered by limited funds.

In terms of outgoings, I'm struggling to see how it's his fault we have not had bids? What's he meant to do phone about punting the players out there handing all the negotiating power to the buyer?

I wouldn't give Wilson any credit for selling players and I wouldn't blame him for not selling them.

He just seems to get the general blame for anything transfer related.

I'm terms of incomings he's hindered by limited funds.

In terms of outgoings, I'm struggling to see how it's his fault we have not had bids? What's he meant to do phone about punting the players out there handing all the negotiating power to the buyer?

I find it very difficult to believe that we have not had bids. I think the bids we have received are either beyond derisory, or we are vastly overvaluing our players.

Well if Aribos off it’s £10m cash upfront to pay his release clause so that could be a domino effect for bringing players in. We don’t need to accept instalments or anything of the sort for his clause, unless we want to negotiate a sell on fee in exchange for accepting instalments etc. Maybe once this happens we will start to see more movement.

Last edited:
Sad that it looks like Aribo will go, but he’s been an excellent signing, and if we get the £10 million spoke about then it’s been good business all round, he’s worth more in my opinion, but if it meant he signed up here instead of elsewhere at the time then we got a few cracking years service and make a profit.

I doubt we’ll get a sell on clause if there is a release clause in his current contract, which is a pity as I think he’ll go much further than Southampton if thats where he goes.

Just because a club shoes an interest doesn't mean a deal will be done.

They could offer us £5m.
Indeed. Doesn't matter if the release clause is £10m if we only have one (low) bid on the table and it doesn't meet that figure then we have to decide if we take it or let him run his contract down.

That said, there appear to be rumours of several interested clubs so that will, hopefully, ensure that doesn't happen.

Personally, I'd rather Joe signed an extension.

Indeed. Doesn't matter if the release clause is £10m if we only have one (low) bid on the table and it doesn't meet that figure then we have to decide if we take it or let him run his contract down.

That said, there appear to be rumours of several interested clubs so that will, hopefully, ensure that doesn't happen.

Exactly. . . Could be a bit to go on this and not straightforward. Hopefully more than one club as you say. The fact they are saying he refused an extension means we need to sell.

Palace, Forest & Southampton all after Gibbs-White. The same three clubs all after Aribo
Reading a number of Palace and Southampton fans’ opinions on Twitter, their preference seems to be Gibbs-White. They’ve probably seen more of him than I have but I couldn’t honestly say he’s a better player than Aribo, especially considering he’d cost far more.

£10m is nothing for Aribo, especially for an EPL side.

It’s his clause, both parties are fully aware of this - there’s genuinely no reason for this to drag on unless Southampton act up, which they tend not to do.

Get it done, get paid, get (some of) it reinvested ASAP.

Hope Joe goes down there, tears it up and our players start getting more serious consideration from clubs down there.

He's more than capable of doing just that. A cracking signing, shame about the low fee. Brought us some brilliant moments of individual brilliance. A great team player too.

Bizarrely underrated on here, comments like him being the easiest to replace etc.

Nonsense, he is never injured, can play multiple positions easily, works like %^*& defensively and as you say is capable of amazing attacking moments. I’m just surprised more clubs aren’t battering down the door to get him.

Reading a number of Palace and Southampton fans’ opinions on Twitter, their preference seems to be Gibbs-White. They’ve probably seen more of him than I have but I couldn’t honestly say he’s a better player than Aribo, especially considering he’d cost far more.
More of a goal scorer than Aribo but that’s why he would cost double the price.

Mate I don’t care about any other football club in the world.

Only Rangers. I’ve had my season ticket since 98/99, I buy my ticket and spend more on top of it, I had shares that were lost and since reinvested.

Like any other supporter, I’d like to see us doing what we can within our means to improve. Not hear nothing.

Are fans not entitled to that? The club ask for our loyalty each year well in advance of the season to come and without fail we cough up.

If they are quiet because we are skint and can’t do business then at least have the balls to tell the people who invest in the club.

No, you are a customer. We don't deserve to be told anything about whats happening behind the scenes, especially when it's stuff worth multi millions of pounds

Bizarrely underrated on here, comments like him being the easiest to replace etc.

Nonsense, he is never injured, can play multiple positions easily, works like %^*& defensively and as you say is capable of amazing attacking moments. I’m just surprised more clubs aren’t battering down the door to get him.

It's because he's a moments player. Capable of moments of utter genius but his all round play is solid and very non-flashy, if that makes any sense!?

He's a bad one too lose imo, would play literally anywhere if asked. Amazing athlete and a total baller if played in his best position.

Think we're all the same mate, but it isnt going to happen.

Not much we can do.

Wants money we can’t offer, and his primary motivation is obviously that rather than any form of ambition. Fair enough.

Already said yesterday I just can’t get my head around that move, and usually absolutely fine with folk chasing money. Be a miracle if they stay up.

Was hyped up beyond belief here anyway, for being relatively unproven.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back