The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume the Aribo talksport story has been posted? Just get this done asap

Most likely another few days of his agent orchestrating the ‘bidding war’ in terms of his wages and incentives, I reckon.

Hopefully done by the weekend. Will be amazed if he travels on Wednesday or Thursday.

The sooner he leaves, the better for us - seeing as it’s clear he’s going.

That would make sense. Don’t remember it at the time right enough.
There wasn’t a clause written into his contract, was more of a goodwill sort of thing that Liverpool said that if they got an offer over £40m they’d then enter talks with the bidding club.

Arsenal then bid £40m + £1 which pissed Liverpool right off they decided he wasn’t leaving to them.

Gerrard and Wilson f%cked up last summer by allowing 3 hugely valuable assets to run their contracts down simultaneously.

We're I'm a position where the 3 players and their potential suitors hold all the aces.
It’s the way football is going and player power is increasing even more. It does work both ways though for example Lundstram, Bassey, Aribo, Sakala, McGregor, Souttar etc joined us on free transfers.

Lovelace any good folk, never actually seen him play
He’s 16 mate. Probably spend the next season floating between our u18s and the B Team, a bit like Robbie Ure did this season. Must have something about him or you don’t get a handful of First Team games, even at that level, otherwise. Our poster @Millger is a Millwall/Rangers man and might have more info. I know he’s seen him play.

It doesn’t matter what Wilson etc says, like it or not they have a recent history of selling players who have played well down south Van Dijk, Wanyama etc we don’t, these things come into it.
And we have had 4 very good seasons in Europe including a final, are teams saying that doesn't mean anything ?

I refuse to believe that.

Serie A football.
Living on the Amalfi Coast.
£2m a year salary.

Aye, terrible.
He will have a good lifestyle but within a season he will be playing in serie B getting his leg hairs ripped out and scissored from behind in front of a few thousand people

It’s widely known what his release clause is and, I‘m sure, his Agent will also have been making all and sundry aware if Aribo wants to move, what he’s looking for and what Rangers are asking.

Hes an absolute bargain at that price but, if nobody’s is bidding right now, we can’t exactly twist their arm.
That's my point, the recruitment department seriously needs looked at.

You can’t, it’s madness. People seem to be thinking they are playing championship manager and not the real world.

If Aribo goes it will be for the £10 million not a penny less and not a penny more if that is his legally contracted release amount.
There would be ways around it and different ways to structure the deal. We won’t get an up front fee of more £10 million though unless someone arses up at the bank:D

There wasn’t a clause written into his contract, was more of a goodwill sort of thing that Liverpool said that if they got an offer over £40m they’d then enter talks with the bidding club.

Arsenal then bid £40m + £1 which pissed Liverpool right off they decided he wasn’t leaving to them.
John W. Henry brazenly admitted a year later that he’d actually lied, Suarez did have a release clause and Liverpool just chose to ignore it.

“Luis Suarez is the top scorer in the English Premier League, which is arguably the top soccer league in the world,” Henry said. “He had a buyout clause of £40m. Arsenal, one of our prime rivals, offered £40m plus £1. What we’ve found … is that contracts don’t seem to mean a lot in England – actually, in world football.

Aribo due back training Thursday/Friday, hopefully we can sort a deal soon.

What’s to stop Southampton stringing this out until the last day of the window though, it is their prerogative after all.

No disrespect to Joe but would rather he goes now and the club get the deal wrapped up as quickly as possible so everything else can move forward.
This!

If he was staying great but it's clear he is for the off. I'd rather get it done quick, to allow us to get players in and have them settled for the start of the season.

Aribo due back training Thursday/Friday, hopefully we can sort a deal soon.

What’s to stop Southampton stringing this out until the last day of the window though, it is their prerogative after all.
If there’s 5 teams in for him will they take the risk in waiting??

I have a real fear that we know we need to replace Aribo, Kent and Morelos but we can't get the right quality in until they move on and free up the funds, not just the transfer fees but also wages. And they don't actually move until very late in the window.

Gerrard and Wilson f%cked up last summer by allowing 3 hugely valuable assets to run their contracts down simultaneously.

We're I'm a position where the 3 players and their potential suitors hold all the aces.
I get the fear but sadly covid played it’s part and realistically only their loyalty to the club can be of any bargaining tool for us to get them sign and then move on.

Any truth in that talksport article saying Aribo is refusing to sign a new contract?
He’s told us he isn’t renewing unfortunately. At least he’s not pissing about. Love him as a player but we need to get this done take the £10 and get things in motion.

If there’s 5 teams in for him will they take the risk in waiting??
All they’d need to do is bid £10m, then they can sign him.

I genuinely imagine the hold up is Joe/agent is just going round all the clubs that are interested, discussing what he’s been offered, by who and would they be willing to better it.

He will have a good lifestyle but within a season he will be playing in serie B getting his leg hairs ripped out and scissored from behind in front of a few thousand people
Do you watch a lot of Italian football to be sure of that? By all accounts Salernitana are spending a lot of money to get players in. They could very much become like Atalanta in a few years if they keep bringing in good players

All they’d need to do is bid £10m, then they can sign him.

I genuinely imagine the hold up is Joe/agent is just going round all the clubs that are interested, discussing what he’s been offered, by who and would they be willing to better it.
This does seem the most likely.
Hopefully he agrees things quickly and let’s us move on a replacement.

Yes. Or more so he’s told the club he isn’t renewing.
Do we know that for sure? Do we even know if he has been offered a new deal?

Personally I think its more likely he just hasn’t signed yet (and probably wont) and that the media are using ‘refusing to sign’ as a means for clicks and interest because it sounds more dramatic.

Do we know that for sure? Do we even know if he has been offered a new deal?

Personally I think its more likely he just hasn’t signed yet (and probably wont) and that the media are using ‘refusing to sign’ as a means for clicks and interest because it sounds more dramatic.
Rangers were using their media partners last week to basically say that he wasn’t signing a new deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back