The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be bedlam on here if he goes for less than the release clause
I’d accept him going for less than the release clause but with a sell on. End up with more money in the long run as I expect he will be fantastic down there and could end up moving again for 20/30m with the crazy money in England.

I used to think players going to a Southampton lacked ambition and should only leave us for a bigger team but with sell on clauses this works better for us in this day and age

I’d accept him going for less than the release clause but with a sell on. End up with more money in the long run as I expect he will be fantastic down there and could end up moving again for 20/30m with the crazy money in England.
Think that is pretty unlikely albeit it would be an acceptable deal

If I had to take a punt I'd say this is probably where we are.

There are maybe deals to be done for players, but do you fill the key positions with guys for around £1M - £2M when you know you might have more money to play with in 3-4 weeks time?

I think we'll get players in but it is probably going to go right up until the end of the window.

I give us very little chance of having a settled side ready to go for those qualifying games.
I don't think it's simply about getting a fee and having more money to spend.

We may have targets to replace these guys if they do go thus summer, but you can't recruit a replacement at £25k/week whilst the player they're replacing is still there and under contract. It would be risky financially.

I see Uncle Barry has urged us and them to go and get Lewis now before it becomes another John McGinn scenario.

Firstly he is not good enough for us so they are free to go and get him and secondly how Barry can even urged them to sign anyone is beyond me!

See the thing with release clauses, anyone remember Liverpool basically said ‘naw’ when Arsenal bidded for Suarez?

I don’t get it :))

I don't understand how you could possibly get more than the buy out clause, that doesn't make any sense whatsoever!
I’d imagine an initial cash portion of a little less than the £10m but maybe add ons / sell ons etc take it over the £10m should certain conditions be met?

I don't understand how you could possibly get more than the buy out clause, that doesn't make any sense whatsoever!
A release clause is generally one lump sum.

If they couldn't pay it all in one go, you could negotiate for more in installments.

Like £5 million upfront and £6.5/7.5 over a couple of years to make up for it.

So you get more but not in one payment.

Not possible to go for more than the release clause
Not true. The release clause will mean the club need to pay it up in full now. Teams might be happy to pay extra to not use the release clause and pay in instalments/ certain criteria met. All the release clause does is mean we can’t refuse the offer if the club say they are meeting it

They won’t open at £10m.

If he’s refused to sign a new deal, if I was them, I’d start at £6m.

I don’t think we’ll see the full £10m.

We have to sell and they’ll know that - we can’t afford for him to walk for free.
If we can't get 10m for a player who has shown his quality in the European arena when the parkheed lot get 13m for Ajer and 16m for shot gun Eddie, in a team constantly pumped in Europe, then something is seriously wrong at our clubs recruitment department.

If rangers would accept 3 x 5m installments rather than 10m upfront we could agree to that for a very crude example.

All that a release clause means is if we get a 10m bid we need to accept and let JA discuss personal terms. He can still reject it too!

If we can't get 10m for a player who has shown his quality in the European arena when the parkheed lot get 13m for Ajer and 16m for shot gun Eddie, in a team constantly pumped in Europe, then something is seriously wrong at our clubs recruitment department.
It doesn’t matter what Wilson etc says, like it or not they have a recent history of selling players who have played well down south Van Dijk, Wanyama etc we don’t, these things come into it.

Let’s say there’s a club who are really tight with their FFP budget this season. They might offer more than the release clause to do a deal in instalments. So rather than £10m up front, it might be £12m over 3 years. They get the player for an initial £4m down and we get an extra £2m overall. Win/win.

You can’t, it’s madness. People seem to be thinking they are playing championship manager and not the real world.

If Aribo goes it will be for the £10 million not a penny less and not a penny more if that is his legally contracted release amount.

Last edited:
I don't think it's simply about getting a fee and having more money to spend.

We may have targets to replace these guys if they do go thus summer, but you can't recruit a replacement at £25k/week whilst the player they're replacing is still there and under contract. It would be risky financially.
I think it's probably both.

I think it's fairly obvious we're not really doing anything other than Colak, I know folk will be all over that comment giving it how do you know? Well, like with Colak, Ramsey, Hagi, Roofe and many others something usually breaks at the other end (foreign journos) and there isn't even that - it's enough to make an educated guess that we're not particularly active.

I expect it will be last season's 11 that will take to the field in the qualifiers.

It might be some funky deal where we are obliged to accept that fee if only one bidder or something, but reserve the right to sell to highest bidder if multiple interested parties.

Gerrard and Wilson f%cked up last summer by allowing 3 hugely valuable assets to run their contracts down simultaneously.

We're I'm a position where the 3 players and their potential suitors hold all the aces.
What could we have done though if they didn't want to sign new deals and no acceptable bids were coming in for them?

If we tried to force them into a move last year because they wouldn't sign on then we would have got even shitter bids and no doubt have been weaker on the park.

You can’t, it’s madness. People seem to be thinking they are playing champ Nana hard and not the real world.

If Aribo goes it will be for the £10 million not a penny less and not a penny more if that is his legally contracted release amount.

As @Main Stand and @Opta explain above, you could in theory get a higher fee if the buying club wants to pay in installments, so there could be a club offering £10 million up front, and another £15 million over 3 years.

Unlikely, but it makes sense, hadn't thought about it like that.

You can’t, it’s madness. People seem to be thinking they are playing champ Nana hard and not the real world.

You’re the one playing champ man mate.

There’s always room for negotiations and the examples recently in the thread show that. Southampton might have £10m sitting there but there’s also FFP rules to consider, very few teams want to use all their budget in the one window.

If we accept a structured deal, that’s out with the buy out clause and is open to any normal negotiation. We’re not obliged to accept just any structure of £10m over x years.

It’s widely known what his release clause is and, I‘m sure, his Agent will also have been making all and sundry aware if Aribo wants to move, what he’s looking for and what Rangers are asking.

Hes an absolute bargain at that price but, if nobody’s is bidding right now, we can’t exactly twist their arm.

See the thing with release clauses, anyone remember Liverpool basically said ‘naw’ when Arsenal bidded for Suarez?

Because they didn't offer the whole lot up front and the structure of the deal on the table wasn't acceptable to Liverpool.

If Arsenal had offered the full release clause figure up front, then they wouldn't have been able to say 'naw'.

The thing about Suarez, as far as I know, didn't have a release clause. Liverpool sold him for a year or so later for a lot more. I think Arsenal believed there was one

Because they didn't offer the whole lot up front and the structure of the deal on the table wasn't acceptable to Liverpool.

If Arsenal had offered the full release clause figure up front, then they wouldn't have been able to say 'naw'.
That would make sense. Don’t remember it at the time right enough.

I’d imagine an initial cash portion of a little less than the £10m but maybe add ons / sell ons etc take it over the £10m should certain conditions be met?
Well there’s 5 teams in for him
10 million or GTF.
Infact if you really want him pay more than 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back