New Blue Sky Lounge at Ibrox

Commercial goes from strength to strength at Ibrox, and this is commendable.
However, as far as I know, nothing has moved on to improve conditions for our disabled supporters. It's interesting to note creation of this lounge increases capacity by 200 seats. There must be some space in Ibrox now that can be developed into a first class viewing area for disabled fans. How many AGM's have passed now with broken promises being made to them?
If there was to be one legacy from Seville I'd like to see implemented it'd be excellent disabled viewing conditions.

As far as I'm aware the currently planned wheelchair spaces are iirc the 4 (perhaps slightly more) in the Blue Sky Lounge, which ironically enough is theoretically less than in the current case as every box and lounge in there is accessible believe it or not. I'm led to believe that though initially going to be placed right at the back corners at the bylines they will now be more central after I raised an issue regarding the distance from the spaces to the accessible toilet facilities.

Any other improvements are subject to the results of various surveys, scans, studies etc ( which is more or less what's been said for decades!). However given the various statements made at the AGM and particularly the fact who made them I'm more hopeful of this wrong being righted or at least a beginning to that process, such is the scale of work needed it will be an incremental multi year process.

It’s not the interior that we like, its the customer service and the fact that we are treated like absolute royalty.

So you can slag our interior as much as you want. It simply won’t bother me.
Sadly it is my view, and I accept any criticism coming, that the 'cheap makeover of Bar72' with the subsequent doubling of the annual ST price, showed the level of contempt that the club have for us. The standard of customer service is worse now than in Bar72 days, so what are we paying the extra for? A pie, a pint and a programme?

I would be tempted to if it includes all games like club 72. It’s the one aspect I like knowing your covered for everything
It will not. Hospitality only covers Domestic fixtures. I was in Bar 72 before getting a wee ban and it was way too cheap.

As far as I'm aware the currently planned wheelchair spaces are iirc the 4 (perhaps slightly more) in the Blue Sky Lounge, which ironically enough is theoretically less than in the current case as every box and lounge in there is accessible believe it or not. I'm led to believe that though initially going to be placed right at the back corners at the bylines they will now be more central after I raised an issue regarding the distance from the spaces to the accessible toilet facilities.

Any other improvements are subject to the results of various surveys, scans, studies etc ( which is more or less what's been said for decades!). However given the various statements made at the AGM and particularly the fact who made them I'm more hopeful of this wrong being righted or at least a beginning to that process, such is the scale of work needed it will be an incremental multi year process.
This special 150th year has brought us success and revenues beyond anything we could have imagined. I hope the board can use the extra cash to really get things moving with improved disabled facilities. Way beyond improved in fact. Make Ibrox an excellent venue for every supporter following the team. It is long overdue.

Sadly it is my view, and I accept any criticism coming, that the 'cheap makeover of Bar72' with the subsequent doubling of the annual ST price, showed the level of contempt that the club have for us. The standard of customer service is worse now than in Bar72 days, so what are we paying the extra for? A pie, a pint and a programme?
Bar 72 was too cheap, Rangers fucked it up and unfortunately are getting ripped now for trying to sort it.

There seemed to be a lot of rumours going round that there would be more wheelchair spaces when this work was carried out. Disappointing if it's only around 4 spaces.

No beer in the fridge?
It's a no from me.
BSL_VIEW_13.jpg

Seats up the back of the ckubdeck are the cheapest in Ibrox
Nonsense.
A seat in the back row of the Clubdeck is more expensive than any seat in Copland,Broomloan or either enclosure.
There is one small section in Clubdeck seven (away at the very end ) which was always the last area to sell so a “value” season ticket was brought in for those seats.Other than that the Clubdeck is not the cheapest for any seat.

Nonsense.
A seat in the back row of the Clubdeck is more expensive than any seat in Copland,Broomloan or either enclosure.
There is one small section in Clubdeck seven (away at the very end ) which was always the last area to sell so a “value” season ticket was brought in for those seats.Other than that the Clubdeck is not the cheapest for any seat.
I know the seats you mean in CD7.

I remember when the club deck was first built a mate had bought a season ticket up there and gave me it for a game. I was quite excited as it was the only part of the ground I hadn’t been in.

To say I was disappointed would be an understatement. His seat was so far along you were basically behind the goal line looking directly into the corrugated panelling at the side of the broomloan. Poor sight lines and way up in the gods as well.

I can see why to this day those are still cheaper than the rest of the CD. Weirdly it doesn’t seem as bad in CD 1

Looks class. Makes bar72 look like a school canteen.

Great job - that’s the type of shit we need more of.

Now let’s do similar with the CD!

Burst out laughing at the bar72 comparison it’s not far off to be fair.

And good shout with regards to the Club Deck surely scope for cheaper hospitality like the old bar72 to try and get the seats sold at a premium.

And good shout with regards to the Club Deck surely scope for cheaper hospitality like the old bar72 to try and get the seats sold at a premium.
Whilst I agree it’s important to provide more “premium” and hospitality where there is a demand for it, there must be a ceiling to these high priced tickets.

£2250 for bar 72, £3500 for blue sky lounge. There are only a certain amount of people who will pay this to watch Kilmarnock and Ross county and Motherwell come to Ibrox and boot Fck out of you twice a season.

Start the basics in other stands first I’d say.

Imagine rocking up to CD72 with your mates 3 hours before kick off.

Think American football type experience.

Bar stools, screens, 6 different eating styles; Mexican, burgers, pies, pizza etc.

Beer bar - usual stuff, plus a niche market for the craft wankers.

Betting lounge. Maybe a golf simulator. DJ/band on for live music.

Area for the kids to play consoles etc.

Padded, heated seat. HT refreshments.

Be a fucking gold mine.

Id give my right testicle to be involved.

Bar stools, screens, 6 different eating styles; Mexican, burgers, pies, pizza etc.

Be a fucking gold mine.

Even better if we ban the craft drinking arseholes

Be a fucking gold mine.

I'll stick to a dragon soop in Bf1 cheers :p

So you go to the web page and it says check the brochure for more info

You go to the brochure for more info and it says email hospitality for more info.

You email hospitality for more info and you get an automatic reply saying a member of the hospitality staff will be in touch soon to answer your query.

A member of the hospitality staff has been in touch to let me know another member of the hospitality staff will be in touch soon to send me their brochure… which presumably will tell me to email hospitality for more info. B-D

You go to the brochure for more info and it says email hospitality for more info.

You email hospitality for more info and you get an automatic reply saying a member of the hospitality staff will be in touch soon to answer your query.

A member of the hospitality staff has been in touch to let me know another member of the hospitality staff will be in touch soon to send me their brochure… which presumably will tell me to email hospitality for more info. B-D
It's mental. Utterly shambolic.

Mental I got the same responses you would think given the soft launch yesterday they’d be ready to fire out a proper brochure outlining offering and pricing. Wait and see what / if they get in touch.

Got the exact email this morning. They can ram it tbh. How hard is it to provide the info i have asked for.

I’m about to diverse slightly on your track, however customer service for Us
Nomads in the centre enclosure areas where we got shunted around the Stadium during UEFA/ COVID times with extremely poor viewing areas. We were informed there would be a compensation payment. When I asked re payment, they forgot? They came back with an amount that I politely told them where to stick it as the Club must be so hard up. There’s a side of Rangers just now that puts me in mind of John Lawrence days, where supporters are a way down the list.
P.S £2.00 offered!

Last edited:
Bar 72 wasn’t cheap when we were paying £1k to watch Alloa but still paid it. The price is now outrageous for what you get plus add on what you spend over the bar it’s a rip off
It was too cheap before we were put down the leagues was what I should have typed. All those European matches included.

It was too cheap before we were put down the leagues was what I should have typed. All those European matches included.
10 years ago £1k wpay overpriced and the club didn’t say okay we will reduce the price no we are in league 4. The whole thing is a mess Bar 72 should never have been made corporate it should have been kept as a premium normal season ticket with access to a bar. I remember plenty of seasons with no European run or cup home ties money was paid up front by the punters there was not claim from the club that we didn’t get our monies worth we just had to accept it but now we have had a few good years they have ripped us off by the 100% increase

Will everyone inside there actually be able to see the pitch when the game is on?

Has it been confirmed that there will be 3 new rows at the back of the GR for this?

I’m currently the very back row so I’d be disappointed if so :D

Last edited:
Has it been confirmed that there will be 3 new rows at the back of the GR for this?

I’m currently the very back row so I’d be disappointed if so :D

I don't think they've published illustrations of the actual seating, just the interior.

It does seem like they'll be adding new rows though. I would assume they'd be barriered off to stop riff raff like yourself mingling :p

I don't think they've published illustrations of the actual seating, just the interior.

It does seem like they'll be adding new rows though. I would assume they'd be barriered off to stop riff raff like yourself mingling :p
It’ll be a nice change someone being able to actually slap the back of my head to get me to sit down instead of just battering the window :D

Latest posts

Back