The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking Twitter = real life is the first mistake, it's a load of shite that can be funny at times.

It's chock full of people who try to be shock jocks for likes and retweets who would never act the same in real life .
I'd love to meet someone who thinks twitter is real life, they must have their head in the sand about everything. B-D

Completely agree.

The fact is they didn't last year , stop living on what we did in the past we were not good enough last year they won the league we didn't end of we have not improved at all the same squad apart from a free from Hearts who is injury prone , we had a 24 point drop off in one season but you think this squad is good enough to win the league, I don't we need new first team starters in because I think the squad we have now won't win us the league but time will tell .

They are good enough to win the league because they already have. What is honestly difficult to understand about that? Just because they didnt last year, doesnt mean they are incapable. Its a fact. Not an opinion. Il leave it at that

It’s went in covering the 8 figures deficit we have been running for years. In November we projected an 8 million loss just to get to end of the season. Year end accounts will be being produced that we will all see soon enough
Yes, but in all of those years except last year (Covid losses) we’ve had a reasonably decent transfer kitty.

Posted on another thread but I’m still hopeful Aribo will choose to stay.

“Hey Joe, where you goin' with that pen in your hand?
Hey Joe, I said, where you goin' with that pen in your hand?
Oh
I'm goin' down south for talks
You know they offerin triple with another team man, yeah
I'm goin' down to old Southampton
You know I ask Ross Wilson for another five grand, an he said no
Huh, and that ain't too cool”

“Hey Joe, I heard you turned Southampton down
You turned em down now
Hey Joe, I heard you shot Palace down
Shot them down in the ground, yeah
Yeah
Yes, I did, I shot em
You know I caught them messin' round, messin' round puttin my wages down
Yes, I did, I shot back to Ibrox
You know I called Ross Wilson down, down from that wee high chair
And he gave me the pen
I signed it man, I’m stayin in Glasgow town”
Good to see you're still staying calm and sensible unlike everyone else!

Or we were unfortunate in the League, losing it by fine margins while the Europa run + SC win showed the Board were correct not to sell last Summer and in their appointment in Gio.

But no. We were lucky.
I'm saying the board got lucky it happened. As usual some people read into things that aren't there. Never said team got lucky to get there at all. No 1 saw that run coming when we drew Dortmund. So yes the board got lucky it happened or they were going to get it tight and it was already starting to happen before we got right into it.

Oh

You turned em down now
Yeah
Yes, I did, I shot em
And he gave me the pen

Thinking Twitter = real life is the first mistake, it's a load of shite that can be funny at times.

It's chock full of people who try to be shock jocks for likes and retweets who would never act the same in real life .
Thats one thing I hate about twitter is the rangers posters who nhave more followers than most act as if we're high class holier than thou type who constantly try to get normal posters who don't agree with them abuse. I can guarantee if the sash came on in real life they'd be the first to start singing but on twitter they would have us all holding hands in a circle singing coomba ya

Last edited:
I think people over egg the 'toxic' stuff because of a bunch of folk greeting online, in real life you can barely get a season ticket from a sizeable waiting list and the majority of folk will just be getting on with their lives looking forward to the new season and hoping new signings come soon, rather than ranting like mad men all day on a messageboard!

Yep, I meant toxic online

DT17 is more of a Celtic cheerleader than Walker or Sutton. Double their money on Jota ? Why did nobody buy him from Benfica ( loan to buy is irrelevant if player refuses to sign)
Why did nobody buy van Dijk before he went to Celtic?

All players have a progression that they go through and Jota looks like a good signing for them.

We're used to seeing ourselves linked with players every transfer window but all we've had confirmed is Colak. That is starting to worry people when we have 3 key players in the last year of their contract and no sign of any signings being close apart from the one mentioned.

No they didn't. They got 102 & 89.

At least get it right if your going to try & have a go about whatever it is your trying to have a go at.
You get my point though, this squad as it stands won't win us the league. People on here think this squad can go again for a 5th season in a row & win the league I just don't see it over all their record of winning trophies over the past 4 years is poor 2 out of a possible 12 but saying that 55 was special, this squad has to start being replaced they are just not good enough.

I'm saying the board got lucky it happened. As usual some people read into things that aren't there. Never said team got lucky to get there at all. No 1 saw that run coming when we drew Dortmund. so yes the board got lucky it happened or they were going to get it tight and it was already starting to happen before we got right into it.

The Board make decisions, though, that affect the footballing side of the Club. Who said "no" to selling Kent, Morelos, Goldson last Summer? Who appointed the new manager?

Those decisions are made in the hope of providing a successful team. Did the Board get unlucky with Malmo and the League?

Yes, but in all of those years except last year (Covid losses) we’ve had a reasonably decent transfer kitty.
From money we didn’t have being put in from investors who are quite rightly reaching the end of how much they can give with no return.

Not sure how to react to this, they’ve signed an unbelievable an unbelievable amount of dross over the last 10 years, for pretty decent money.

Obviously more variables involved once they actually get to the club, relating to coaching, fitness and psychological factors.

On the flip side, some ‘gems’ like Ajer, Wanyama & VVD. Dembele too, but he was a really hot talent, so I’m not classing him as a great find.

At least he has a good reputation, so hopefully a good appointment.

They are good enough to win the league because they already have. What is honestly difficult to understand about that? Just because they didnt last year, doesnt mean they are incapable. Its a fact. Not an opinion. Il leave it at that
Your facts go back 2 years that was then this is now , another fact is they have won the league out of 4 attempts & 2 trophies out of 12 , but let's see who's right come next May .

I never said that actually but crack on.

I said McGregor made more errors last season than Barkas did his entire Celtic career actually. Don't even think that's debatable tbh.
Be fair. McGregor made more mistakes last season than Barkas has made saves.

Oh

You turned em down now
Yeah
Yes, I did, I shot em
And he gave me the pen
This thread is wrecking people!

The Board make decisions, though, that affect the footballing side of the Club. Who said "no" to selling Kent, Morelos, Goldson last Summer? Who appointed the new manager?

Those decisions are made in the hope of providing a successful team. Did the Board get unlucky with Malmo and the League?
Any proof whatsoever there was any offers as I don't remember that for any of the 3 . Was it the board or Wilson that appointed GVB because plenty want to give him all the credit for it. So which is it? Baring in mind the last time the board appointed a manager (Gerrard was King) they appointed Pedro because he came across well in a interview.

Your facts go back 2 years that was then this is now , another fact is they have won the league out of 4 attempts & 2 trophies out of 12 , but let's see who's right come next May .

That 2 trophies in 4 years is nonsense. The last 2 years is the time frame this same squad has been together.

Happy to take that bet mate.

Any proof whatsoever there was any offers as I don't remember that for any of the 3 . Was it the board or Wilson that appointed GVB because plenty want to give him all the credit for it. So which is it? Baring in mind the last time the board appointed a manager (Gerrard was King) they appointed Pedro because he came across well in a interview.
Gerrard said Mark Allen was the one who approached him, and sold him the job. I do agree that King likely played some part in it though.

I’m not sure we had a DOF when Pedro was appointed.

From money we didn’t have being put in from investors who are quite rightly reaching the end of how much they can give with no return.
Was simply explaining why we had 8 figure losses in those years.

We also had built a sizeable asset list on the pitch, under pressure now admittedly due to the contract situation.

F'n hell. Just desperate to see a negative in everything. The Board appointed Wilson to oversee the footballing department.

But basically - failure on the park, the Board are to blame. Success, the Board got lucky.

F'n hell. Just desperate to see a negative in everything. The Board appointed Wilson to oversee the footballing department.

But basically - failure on the park, the Board are to blame. Success, the Board got lucky.
I don’t even get what you have the issue with. The Board were starting to get it tight. King was doing interviews criticising them. Anger was bubbling under. All these things are true. I remember them. The board were lucky we got to Seville as it stopped it. What's even wrong with saying that? What's annoying you about it? It's the truth of matter.

You’re wrong, they’ve spent almost £19m and gone slightly backwards, added a LB that nobody knows, a reserve goalie and lost Rogic and Bitton

Carter Vickers will cost near on £10m and will never go for much more, Jota has a massive sell on fee to Benfica so won’t see any huge profit on him

Anyway, here we are again with the Celtic praise from you
I can’t stand them but I find it baffling how you can claim they’ve gone backwards

Bitton was by and large a squad player. Rogic was a 60 minute player and by all accounts, they’re actively looking to replace him.

I’d be stunned if their new left back was worse than Taylor given how utterly piss poor he is.

Some may say it’s praising that lot. Others would say it’s reality. I recall similar discussions all through last season. Anyone speaking the truth were labelled mentally challenged cocksuckers etc as some fans refused to accept reality.

If they’ve gone backwards then we too must have went even further backwards as things stand given we’ve let numerous bench players depart with only Souttar coming in?

No, we never gambled at all, because we had absolutely nothing to gamble with this time last year, it really was that simple.

And with the meagre funds we did have we brought in a midfielder on big wages who became our best midfielder.
Ok, I’ll reword it.

We stood still.

Lundstram became decent for us in February after getting a chance under Gio following the piggery capitulation.

Mate the board got lucky with Europa run. There was real anger bubbling away with the point swing after break. Dave King was throwing handgrenades as well. People have forgotten all of that. If SC semi week went a different way with Braga and them they would've been getting it tight.
But it didn’t go a different way did it and getitng to the europa league final wasn’t ‘lucky’ was it.

That 2 trophies in 4 years is nonsense. The last 2 years is the time frame this same squad has been together.

Happy to take that bet mate.
8 of the starting 11 from the Scottish league cup final 2019 started in Seville.

Had Morelos been fit, he’d have made that 9/11. Helander started that day too and Arfield came off the bench in Seville.

IMO 2 trophies in 9 domestically is a fair count given Gerrards first season was a bedding in one

Oh

You turned em down now
Yeah
Yes, I did, I shot em
And he gave me the pen

That's enough internet for me today.

8 of the starting 11 from the Scottish league cup final 2019 started in Seville.

Had Morelos been fit, he’d have made that 9/11. Helander started that day too and Arfield came off the bench in Seville.

IMO 2 trophies in 9 domestically is a fair count given Gerrards first season was a bedding in one
Players develop, do they not?

The same names aren’t necessarily the same ‘players’ that you suggest they are.

For what it’s worth, I do think we need to kick in the trading model and begin to phase out some of the old guard.

Are people incapable of reading what I'm saying. I'm saying the board got lucky as it stopped the criticism. Where am I saying the team were luck?
So good results = board lucky. Surely bad results = board unlucky by that logic?

People are capable of reading what you're saying, but saying a board is lucky because the team performed well in a competition is mental.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back