The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
apologies if already noted
finnish website has us linked with Kai Merilouto
striker with HJK Helsinki on loan with another side just now - 6 in 11 games there

You'll need to post that rumour elsewhere, if you're looking for any sort of discussion on it.

(Looks a decent player FWIW)

Brilliant ,from the main cause of said scrapping.

Romano , Ornstein , Alfie55 , Bluesteel geez peace :D .
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Kai Meriluoto, who has already hit six hits in the Veikkausliiga of football in the current league season, is the target of Rangers' interest, according to the information received by MTV Urheilu.

The big Scottish club has expressed its interest in the 19-year-old striker to HJK, who loaned him to the Tampere club for this season.

The sharp-moving and straightforward goal-scoring type has been on the lips of football followers this season by performing without prejudice and effectively in Ilves' crew. In addition to Rangers, several other foreign clubs are also interested in the striker.

Meriluoto has made six complete hits in the 11 matches he has played this season.

Recently, Meriluoto performed quite cheerfully also in the last matches of the finished EC qualifiers in the ranks of the Finnish under-21 national team.
Seems a similar source and transfer to Juan Alegria when he came. We definitely have a good relationship with agents in Finland.

Speaking of Alegria, bit of a shame he didn't kick on as much as hoped this season with the Partick loan. But a large part of that may have been assimilating to the culture. Hopefully he does better this season for the B team. Anyone know any further info on his situation or how well he's rated?

Kai Meriluoto, who has already hit six hits in the Veikkausliiga of football in the current league season, is the target of Rangers' interest, according to the information received by MTV Urheilu.

The big Scottish club has expressed its interest in the 19-year-old striker to HJK, who loaned him to the Tampere club for this season.

The sharp-moving and straightforward goal-scoring type has been on the lips of football followers this season by performing without prejudice and effectively in Ilves' crew. In addition to Rangers, several other foreign clubs are also interested in the striker.

Meriluoto has made six complete hits in the 11 matches he has played this season.

Recently, Meriluoto performed quite cheerfully also in the last matches of the finished EC qualifiers in the ranks of the Finnish under-21 national team.
Maybe a B team signing?

apologies if already noted
finnish website has us linked with Kai Merilouto
striker with HJK Helsinki on loan with another side just now - 6 in 11 games there

Hope there’s something in this, his numbers look very decent for a 19 year old.

Whatever the fee or the payment structure turns out to be - Southampton are getting an incredible bargain
I just wish we could be fortunate enough to obtain players at a fraction of their 'true' value - from here on
Like when we signed the very same player from charlton? :))

TransfrMarket has us down as having 32 (31 excluding Ofoborh) 1st team players right now. If Colak replaces Aribo, then we at minimum need to get rid of 6 players IMO. Kelly, Middleton, McCrorie, Williamson (all 'loanable'), Simpson & Katic (you would ideally sell at this point) would get us to that level.

If you add signings to that, you would really need it to be a 1 in, 1 out system to keep it at 25. How we move some of these players on is anyone's guess but I think it's what is stifling us in the current window.

Maybe a B team signing?

i'd like to think with the bench being the size it is and perhaps Weston not ready for 1st team yet, this would be a first team squad signing
need numbers there with Morelos and Roofe the only central strikers - as shown at the end of last season when we had Kent, Aribo, Sakala, Wright all filling in there

If he’s 4th choice then would hope it’s Goldson/Souttar/New CB/King.

Bassey really needs to be LB, he’s good but wasted at CB.
I would prefer that to but I think helander/Katic and Simpson would all need to be sold for that to happen. Think it will be more Goldson/souttar/helander/king. Now it would be good if we strengthen with the aribo money and look to target a cb or lb depending on bassey’s long term position which I don’t mind either one.

Tymon from stoke was looked at earlier on when we heard of bassey links away. He looked pretty good going forward with borna style delivery.

£6m or £10m either way it's a dreadful deal for a player we should have been getting £20m for and considering all the gash like Oli Mcburnie who sell for near £20m down south I can't be enthusiastic about this one bit.

Yes the club were in a no win situation with the buyout clause but that should have been dealt with 12 months back.

We are now in a position where we could lose Morelos, Kent and Aribo for £10m combined over the next 12 months that's dreadful mismanagement.

If we don't qualify for the UCL then we'll either sell Kent and Morelos for 50% of what they are worth or we won't have the money to offer improved deals and they'll leave next summer.

I think serious questions need to be asked about our transfer policy.
How do you suggest we go about getting £20 million for a guy who has a £10 million release clause.

Maybe if you were in charge of football transfer at Southampton, I guess?

People need to pump the breaks on the Lowry hype. Hes extraordinarily talented, but hes still a kid. He needs to be given patience to develop. Holding him to standards like "better than Aribo" is beyond stupid.

Maddest thing I've read. I've high hopes for Lowry, but Joe Aribo absolutely had some of the biggest clubs in football on strings in last season's Europa League.

To suggest Lowry will top anything Aribo has done is fucking batshit.

Would surely be too old to be a b team signing imo. Maybe a case that roofe is being sold(which has been hinted at) and colak is replacing roofe and we are looking for a 19/20 year old with potential to be third choice striker, basically the itten replacement but someone with a little more upside.
Might be a similar situation to McCann last year who you might class as just being on the cusp of being too old for the B-team but not quite first team ready.

People need to pump the breaks on the Lowry hype. Hes extraordinarily talented, but hes still a kid. He needs to be given patience to develop. Holding him to standards like "better than Aribo" is beyond stupid.
Did guys like Ferguson,Adam,Hutton need time to develop?

That is an utter myth, if they are good enough they will play its simple as that. Hes 19, no 17. If Gio trusts him, he will simply have a part to play

Seems a similar source and transfer to Juan Alegria when he came. We definitely have a good relationship with agents in Finland.

Speaking of Alegria, bit of a shame he didn't kick on as much as hoped this season with the Partick loan. But a large part of that may have been assimilating to the culture. Hopefully he does better this season for the B team. Anyone know any further info on his situation or how well he's rated?
Thistle fan in work said he was absolutely awful and he had no idea why he was even at us

i'd like to think with the bench being the size it is and perhaps Weston not ready for 1st team yet, this would be a first team squad signing
need numbers there with Morelos and Roofe the only central strikers - as shown at the end of last season when we had Kent, Aribo, Sakala, Wright all filling in there
We will have colak, morelos and roofe all vying probably for 1 central striking spot, Im not sure we would sign another to barely play.

Possibly sign with a view to loaning him out to another scottish team.

Maybe don't allow his contact to run down to the final 12 months in the first place. It's called strategic planning.
Hilarious.

Do we hold a gun to his head to do this?

You quite literally cannot make someone sign a new contract if their plan all along is is to run it down. It’s how we got him for buttons in the first place.

All the power is with the player these days. In fact It has been since the 90’s.

Thistle fan in work said he was absolutely awful and he had no idea why he was even at us

I don’t like putting young lads down too much but I’d be astonished if Alegria makes it in the pro game. There are plenty better young players coming through at the moment. A quite bizarre signing.

Did guys like Ferguson,Adam,Hutton need time to develop?

That is an utter myth, if they are good enough they will play its simple as that. Hes 19, no 17. If Gio trusts him, he will simply have a part to play

Who says he wont play? Patience doesnt mean he sits on the bench until hes 23 fs.

Btw what a load of unadulterated pish youve just written. I feel less intelligent having read it. Every player you named improved and developed over time. Absolute idiocy.

Who says he wont play? Patience doesnt mean he sits on the bench until hes 23 fs.

Btw what a load of unadulterated pish youve just written. I feel less intelligent having read it. Every player you named improved and developed over time. Absolute idiocy.
Lowry obviously needs time to develop, like everyone does.

You dont get that by sitting on a bench and playing in cup games. Ferguson for e.g. was almost a mainstay in the team the minute he broke through. Not in any way saying Lowry has the same ability. He is obviously not the 'Aribo Replacement', but people writing him off obviously have no scooby. Still think we need to replace Aribo, but i have trust in Lowry/Hagi to fill the role.

Watched Thistle a few times he was there, he was really, really poor. He was generally a good finisher with a B team, but limited technically and even his finishing was poor at thistle.

Plenty of reasons that may have been, but I don’t think he will make it with us. Not sure what happens with him this season, likely out on loan again aged 20.

You dont get that by sitting on a bench and playing in cup games. Ferguson for e.g. was almost a mainstay in the team the minute he broke through. Not in any way saying Lowry has the same ability. He is obviously not the 'Aribo Replacement', but people writing him off obviously have no scooby. Still think we need to replace Aribo, but i have trust in Lowry/Hagi to fill the role.
This isn’t strictly true.

Walter gave Barry 12 or so games from 18/19, then took him away from the limelight and Barry was considering leaving for Motherwell to get game time.

Bomber and Mad Dog told him to stick it out, and then four or five months after he turned 20 he started in Advocaat’s first game.

Mate. You are off at a tangent. No one is writing him off. You are arguing a point that no ones made.

Hilarious.

Do we hold a gun to his head to do this?

You quite literally cannot make someone sign a new contract if their plan all along is is to run it down. It’s how we got him for buttons in the first place.

All the power is with the player these days. In fact It has been since the 90’s.

So he should have been sold last summer and the £10m handed to Gerrard or been offered a big pay rise say £10k extra a week with a £15-20m buyout clause with a few of million going to the player as a sweetener.

Sitting doing nothing is why we are several weeks away from Morelos and Kent being worthless in terms of value as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back