The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile SunSport understands that there is no truth in reports in Finland linking the Gers with HJK Helsinki star Kai Meriluoto.

The Ibrox men snapped up Alfredo Morelos from Helsinki a few seasons back, but reports in the Finnish media on Meriluoto were dismissed as wide of the mark.

Another man the Gers WON'T be pursuing is St Mirren midfielder Dylan Reid.

Contrary to reports elsewhere, the Gers are NOT thought to be in the market for the Saints midfielder.
Their info in the St Mirren player has came straight from the poster on here who’s mates with his dad B-D

Is Kent in Portugal?

F93-E177-B-5-E8-B-4605-988-B-F7-D418865-DD7.jpg

Depends whether 8m is out of out price range. Not impossible
we are not paying 8m for anyone in this window and being honest it would be foolish to do so - if we have say 10m in total to spend it would be better spent on 2 quality additions than putting all our eggs in one basket.

Obviously that could change should others leave.

It's not really been pulled from thin air though has it?

Fabrizio Romano is a trusted football journalist with the most inside information you'll get from anyone in that world. Even SKY SPORTS quote him now in their reports. He's just worded his tweet in a way that's caused confusion.
Has he? I don't think he has.

He quoted a 6m fee. Then all the fan media affiliates came out stressing it was 6m plus add ons.

The fee would appear to be 6m.

The fact the club are trying to inflate the figure by quoting add ons doesn't wash.

They know its a shit deal. A shit deal they had to accept because they let his contract run down.

He quoted a 6m fee. Then all the fan media affiliates came out stressing it was 6m plus add ons.

The fact the club are trying to inflate the figure by quoting add ons doesn't wash.

They know its a shit deal. A shit deal they had to accept because they let his contract run down.
Loads of other sources suggest otherwise.

But you choose to believe the one that makes it look worse for the club?

Even Romano has contradicted himself today on various platforms.

3 goals in a season, that's why not.
And a good bit more the season before. I agree, that's a poor return for goals but I'm not ready to accept its a harbinger of what's to come in the new season. I'd hope for at least a match of the 55 season - but, equally, composed finishing isn't Ryan's thing it would appear.

we are not paying 8m for anyone in this window and being honest it would be foolish to do so - if we have say 10m in total to spend it would be better spent on 2 quality additions than putting all our eggs in one basket.

Obviously that could change should others leave.
Did that not work for Walter one time, when we signed Jelavic?

Would you class Sky Sports, Daily Mail, Talksport and Guardian as fan media?

I can guarantee that you don’t have a clue as to how the deal is structured. You could quite easily say that Fabrizio Romano isn’t accurate as was the case with the Patterson deal where he had to correct himself, however that wouldn’t suit your mindset or agenda.

It will all become clear when the deal is completed.

You have just made that up

The club can't force players to sign new contracts or be sold if they don't want to leave, the upfront fee would appear to be £6 million plus whatever else was negotiated on top .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back