The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile SunSport understands that there is no truth in reports in Finland linking the Gers with HJK Helsinki star Kai Meriluoto.

The Ibrox men snapped up Alfredo Morelos from Helsinki a few seasons back, but reports in the Finnish media on Meriluoto were dismissed as wide of the mark.

Another man the Gers WON'T be pursuing is St Mirren midfielder Dylan Reid.

Contrary to reports elsewhere, the Gers are NOT thought to be in the market for the Saints midfielder.
These chancers are getting paid for %^*& all. How about actually doing some journalism and find out who are are actually fucking after?

Bongonda position is LW, if we are really interested in him that is possibly an indication that he is a replacement for Kent.

Can't see us spending good money on a LW if they are going to sit on the bench and watch Kent play.

Quite disturbing how many individuals who turn up in the transfer threads saying "they've been told" of who's signing that turns out to be shite. Are they mentally ill?
To be fair it’s a rumours thread but everyone is that desperate for a signing you could say Jude Bellingham was in for a medical and some would believe it.

Bongonda position is LW, if we are really interested in him that is possibly an indication that he is a replacement for Kent.

Can't see us spending good money on a LW if they are going to sit on the bench and watch Kent play.

He’s left footed I believe so potentially we could play him on the right or as Kent’s 2 footed play him on the right.

He’s left footed I believe so potentially we could play him on the right or as Kent’s 2 footed play him on the right.
Exactly. Kent is just as effective on the right as he is on the left. Some posters on here still think he’s left footed which just shows how two footed he is.

Exactly. Kent is just as effective on the right as he is on the left. Some posters on here still think he’s left footed which just shows how two footed he is.
For me Kent can play anywhere I actually like him through the middle just behind the striker maybe Gio will use him as a 10.

To be fair it’s a rumours thread but everyone is that desperate for a signing you could say Jude Bellingham was in for a medical and some would believe it.
1wczby.jpg

So, he was a winger like Kent?

I'm not going to waste my time checking, but I know he played in plenty 4 3 3 formations. I watched him.

Toddle away and prove me wrong.
Nah! You’re alright Angus, we’ll leave it where it is. It’s not worth the bother.

So, he was a winger like Kent?

I'm not going to waste my time checking, but I know he played in plenty 4 3 3 formations. I watched him.

Toddle away and prove me wrong.
I agree, it was just called 442, probably because the 2 played closer than they would if part of 433

Celtic players worth mega millions, Rangers players worth pennies, that's the mentally challengeds mhedia agenda and some of our fans suck up to it.
I don't disagree, but a return of 3 goals for Rangers against the dross we face is nothing short of abysmal in my book.

Yes, but Profit/Gain on Disposal of Asset (if sold for more than amortized amount, which he will be) is recorded in the Income Statement similarly
That poster you were replying to is one of the major problems on here at times.

Maybe has a very basic knowledge of accounting, but still tries to correct a guy who clearly does know what he's talking about.

Lol..

I don't disagree, but a return of 3 goals for Rangers against the dross we face is nothing short of abysmal in my book.

I think you have a fair point, but i dont think its a fair reflection of everything else he brings to the team which mitigates it. Assists, penalties won etc.

Tbf he scored double figures the season previous. Hopefully he gets back to that level next season

To be fair to Kent teams specifically game plan for him, how many times do you see him get the ball and there is immediately 2 players rushing out to him, we need that threat on the other side aswell.

I think he will get back to his best next season, double figures for goals and assists.

Kent seemed to agree, he was genuinely frustrated with himself in a post match interview at the tail end of last season. Said he didn't know why he couldn't score. So hopefully it's something he's working on this summer.

Was this a criticism of Neil McCann back when he played for us?

Genuinely curious, I can't remember.
There was plenty of it, and he had his spells on the bench too.
Time tends to gloss over these things.
Anyway, I'd say McCann was an out and out winger for most of his Rangers career. A lefty playing on the left who tended to hit the bye line as opposed to cutting inside, as Kent tends to do. That being the case he was less likely to be in a goalscoring position.
I have to say...again, the excuse making for a truly horrendous goal return from FF's Golden Boy is unbelievable.

Anyway, I'd say McCann was an out and out winger for most of his Rangers career. A lefty playing on the left who tended to hit the bye line as opposed to cutting inside, as Kent tends to do. That being the case he was less likely to be in a goalscoring position.
I have to say...again, the excuse making for a truly horrendous goal return from FF's Golden Boy is unbelievable.
Under Gerrard that’s what Kent was to do, since Gio came in he’s become more of a winger.

He was part of a front three for large parts of his career with us, especially under McLeish who moved us to that at first (before making an ar*e of it with his 4-2-4).

Even had some games right up front which we've never really used Kent for.

I guess the overall point is that McCann is extremely fondly remembered despite many an argument, moan and criticism about him being around at the time and his goals record being extremely similar to Kent last season for most of his seasons. We'll look back on Kent with far more appreciation than he gets right now.

Educated guess do you think Theo is signing today ?

Gotta be honest, I'm not sure we're going to be signing him in general. I don't doubt the info VB provided, I just think there would be a little more noise about it were it progressing well. Hopefully I'm wrong as he's definitely one I'd like to see signed.

Tomorrow or Friday for any announcements I'd imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back