The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW I suspect the club will have wanted a decent percentage sell on fee given what Southampton managed to trouser when they sold on Dick Van Dyke to Liverpool.
I think Aribo is going to go on and be a sensation in the EPL.

Has he? I don't think he has.

He quoted a 6m fee. Then all the fan media affiliates came out stressing it was 6m plus add ons.

The fee would appear to be 6m.

The fact the club are trying to inflate the figure by quoting add ons doesn't wash.

They know its a shit deal. A shit deal they had to accept because they let his contract run down.
Ornstein who quoted 10million is just as respected to be fair

Did that not work for Walter one time, when we signed Jelavic?

we also didn't spend 8m on Jelavic ... we spent about 4.5m give or take.

which is again what i would say is our ballpark max this window on a single player.

Just on Kent - He would be a big loss on that left side, he’s heading into his prime, get the deal done Rangers
Absolutely. Off the top of my head comes immediately to mind two things Kent does in big games, and there will be many more: the cross to Tavernier in the EL semi, and Wright's goal in the SC Final. We rely heavily on Kent at crucial times, and if he left we would find that out to our cost immediately most probably.

The club can't force players to sign new contracts or be sold if they don't want to leave, the upfront fee would appear to be £6 million plus whatever else was negotiated on top .

Upfront fee being £6m is fine as long as the rest of the fee on top of that is instalments rather than 'add-ons'. Most of our incoming deals will be a chunk up front and the rest in instalments. Non-issue.

I'm not sure if I'm the only one but I consider addons to be things like number of appearances, trophies won etc whereas instalments are just deferred payments.

I would imagine we've had to sacrifice a little bit on overall fee for a sell on which is alright because Aribo's true value -especially if he does well down the road - is much, much higher and could get us a tidy chunk in the future.

Just on Kent - He would be a big loss on that left side, he’s heading into his prime, get the deal done Rangers
Still think he'd be better on right side cutting in to his left foot and works well when you have full backs like Tav who then have the space opened up for them, but bottomline is Ryan Kent's overall game is much more important to the team than some people realise.

we also didn't spend 8m on Jelavic ... we spent about 4.5m give or take.

which is again what i would say is our ballpark max this window on a single player.
We spent big. I'd rather an £8 million player than two £4 million players, especially coming into this side.

Few hours ago so probably already been but supposedly the Bongonda news is coming from Belgium
Article says according to Scottish sources, the only one I know of being @venturablue :))

We spent big. I'd rather an £8 million player than two £4 million players, especially coming into this side.

I guess we have a difference of opinion then - for example (hypothetically - as Skov Olsen boat has been missed)

I certainly wouldn't want bongonda for 8m when we could have had Olsen for 5m and then say Gus Til for 3m

that would then have solved our RW issue and given us a goal threat from centre mid as apposed to spending 8m on a LW (predominantly) for the same outlay.

Hasn’t been named, couple of posters saying 2 are having medicals today and acting pretty solid about their info. Would be surprised if we’ve got someone else without anyone knowing who though.
I'd be very surprised if either has made it into the country without being photographed. Especially with the way this window has went

I have no insider info but my hunch is that Alfie and Kent will sign new deals and Aribo and Kamara will move on this window.
I think this will happen if we qualify for the UCL.
If we don’t, I expect Kent and Alfie to go and for some frantic transfer activity to take place before the Europa league group stages get underway.

FWIW I suspect the club will have wanted a decent percentage sell on fee given what Southampton managed to trouser when they sold on Dick Van Dyke to Liverpool.
I think Aribo is going to go on and be a sensation in the EPL.

If he's even half decent he'll move on for crazy money because EPL clubs are crazy, so hopefully there's a decent sell on attached to the club.

I guess we have a difference of opinion then - for example (hypothetically - as Skov Olsen boat has been missed)

I certainly wouldn't want bongonda for 8m when we could have had Olsen for 5m and then say Gus Til for 3m

that would then have solved our RW issue and given us a goal threat from centre mid as apposed to spending 8m on a LW (predominantly) for the same outlay.
I wouldn't argue with any of that, and it's not something I'm particularly tight on, probably because I don't think we spend that on a single player anyway, but I do quite like the thought of a player who really raises the quality of the team. I know I could have few incoming for saying this, but it looked at times as if Ramsey gave that; there was a few things he did, particularly in the second half against Braga, where it seemed he was really adding something. I'd a take a pricy player, not Ramsey, if we could get him.

Last edited:
Still think he'd be better on right side cutting in to his left foot and works well when you have full backs like Tav who then have the space opened up for them, but bottomline is Ryan Kent's overall game is much more important to the team than some people realise.
Yes, his work rate off the ball is superb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back